Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Betting Odds

Guest heatonwhite

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely 188 Bet would know?

Tried them on Wednesday via live chat as they had nothing posted. It took about 20 minutes for the stupid bint to even understand what a "Next BWFC manager market" actually was. They don't do such a thing apparently.

Guest bwfcdan

Coyle's favourite now on betfair 3/1

His odds dropping all the time...maybe someone knows summat...

Edited by bwfcdan

• Moderators

Remember when Fat Sam went to 1.5 to go to Sunderland and people here laid it as much as they could afford? Some even went further. Means nob all unless it's down to less than 1.1 in my book.

Coyle's odds will have shortened on his SSN interview yesterday when he dodged the question by talking about Burnley's next game. He never ruled himself out of the Bolton job.

As mentioned earlier, it depends how much Eddie Davies will allow for compensation because Coyle only signed a long term deal at Turf in the summer.

IMO Coyle will have the immediate positive impact from the fans but I'm not sure about this. Burnley are only 1 point above us and theres something that just doesn't sit right with me...

...but if Hughes is a no no, then I'll just about plump for Coyle over the old-school of Read and the unknown of a foreigner.

Aye, his team couldn't even beat Bolton at home last week

Edited by Gonk

Coyle's favourite now on betfair 3/1

His odds dropping all the time...maybe someone knows summat...

I think it will be him just from hearing his interview yesterday, he never said no at any point and said how much he loved it at Bolton etc. When he has been linked with other jobs he has said no straight away. His wage at Burnley will probably be half of what Gartside will offer him, he owes Gartside after he recommended Coyle to Burnley in the first place.

You get an idea of what's actually happening right now, reading between the lines:

1. First choice - Coyle

2. Experienced/will get interviews - Curbishley (long term), Reid (short term)

3. Taking a chance/might get interviews - Ferguson, Shearer.

4. Not getting a shot/not interested - Hughes, Jewell, McLaren etdc plus any foreign candidate

You get the feeling that it's down to Coyle to ponder over the weekend. If he wants to come, Burnley will find it tough to refuse and he's installed. If he's not interested, it's almost certain to come down to whether we will wait for Coyle (Reid in) or ditch the idea (Curbishley in).

Can't say I'm a betting man, but if I was, I'd get a few bob on Curbishley.

You get an idea of what's actually happening right now, reading between the lines:

1. First choice - Coyle

4. Not getting a shot/not interested - Hughes, Jewell, McLaren etdc plus any foreign candidate

You get the feeling that it's down to Coyle to ponder over the weekend. If he wants to come, Burnley will find it tough to refuse and he's installed. If he's not interested, it's almost certain to come down to whether we will wait for Coyle (Reid in) or ditch the idea (Curbishley in).

Not for a second did I think we'd get Owen Coyle

It is a risk for both parties, but would be a perfect signing; too perfect?

1. First choice - Coyle

Good analysis, think your about bob on there. Its difficult to tell though because its such a small market, bar bwfc fans and hardened football betters not much will be staked across the board so a small rumour among fans can drive the price down. I got a tip last time on Peter Reid and me and my mates jumped all over it, he came in from 30/1 to 3/1 then betting was suspended. He soon drifted when he didnt get as much as a mention. Its McAteer who started the Peter Reid rumour this time.

Personally i would rather see Peter Reid come in until the summer initially than curbs on a 3 year deal. But i dont know if PG would go for it, Reid put his hat in the ring 2 years ago and didnt even get an interview. Its not like his CV has got any better in the last 2 years if anything its got worse because its even longer since he managed in the PL. I cannot see him getting overlooked last time but be a front runner this time unless its on a short term basis.

Guest bwfcdan

in the last 15 minutes ?6,000 has been put on Coyle just on betfair.... he's the next bolton manager mark my words!!

• Site Supporter
in the last 15 minutes ?6,000 has been put on Coyle just on betfair.... he's the next bolton manager mark my words!!

1.2 now!!

although a couple of years back i layed redknapp for toon job at about 1.05 i think

Guest bwfcdan
About ?5k was from Garrp, though.

At 12:20 9 thousand had been put on Coyle...now its at 17,500.... Coyles super white army me thinks :)

Edited by bwfcdan

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.