Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Betting Odds

Guest heatonwhite

• Moderators
With the same stake? So if he becomes next manager then your in profit, if not then you get your money back?

No. If you don't understand Betfair then it's prob best left alone, well the laying bit anyway.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i also hope we get coyle. I am a bit concerned re going public with our first choice, because if we don't get him or the next choice etc, the manager we get knows he was fourth or fifth in the pecking order.

But the prospect of coyle gets the juices flowing

The club hasn't gone public on Coyle being first choice and probably won't say who they are talking to. The deal will be done in a boardroom a hotel or at Eddie Davies's house near Nantwich.

On another note how long will it be before we get sightings of Coyle being seen going into the reebok or meeting with PG somewhere?

No. If you don't understand Betfair then it's prob best left alone, well the laying bit anyway.

That's no fun thought. New to this whole betting exchange concept, but does the following sound right?

Using the 2.0 and 1.4 example

Bet ?100 at 2.0 and Lay ?120 at 1.4

if it wins then you win 200 liable for 168 = +?32

if it doesn't then you win 120 and lose 100 = +?20

But all that depends on matching bets. And at that point you can change the amounts depending on what you think will happen to maximise profit.

Edited by cbwfcd

• Moderators
That's no fun thought. New to this whole betting exchange concept, but does the following sound right?

Using the 2.0 and 1.4 example

Bet ?100 at 2.0 and Lay ?120 at 1.4

if it wins then you win 200 liable for 168 = +?32

if it doesn't then you win 120 and lose 100 = +?20

But all that depends on matching bets. And at that point you can change the amounts depending on what you think will happen to maximise profit.

Not by my maths. Back ?100 at 2.0 = potential winnings of ?100, potential loss of ?100. Lay ?120 at 1.4, potential winnings of ?300, potential loss of ?120.

Unless you were looking to lay a backer's stake of ?120 at 1.4, in which case you liability would be ?48.

If it wins, you win your ?100, liable for ?48 = +52

If it loses, you lose your ?100 but win ?120 = +?20

Both minus %5 or whatever. Innit?

Edited by Carlos

Laying Odds x Laying Stake MUST EQUAL Backing Odds X Backing Stake to green up for guaranteed profit.

Using the 1.4 & 2.0 odds as suggested earlier:

Lay ?1000 at 1.4 (1.4 x 1000 = 1400)

Back ?700 at 2.0 (2 x 700 = 1400)

?300 profit less commission either way.

Hopefully you'll find my first line the easiest explanation and backing/laying for guaranteed profit.

Don't get pissy with me here, but if you don't understand the top line: DON'T get involved. You'll only end up with burnt fingers.

Edited by Traf

Laying Odds x Laying Stake MUST EQUAL Backing Odds X Backing Stake to green up for guaranteed profit.

Using the 1.4 & 2.0 odds as suggested earlier:

Lay ?1000 at 1.4 (1.4 x 1000 = 1400)

Back ?700 at 2.0 (2 x 700 = 1400)

?300 profit less commission either way.

Hopefully you'll find my first line the easiest explanation and backing/laying for guaranteed profit.

Don't get pissy with me here, but if you don't understand the top line: DON'T get involved. You'll only end up with burnt fingers.

Thanks guys, that makes sense. I had misunderstood laying, I thought if the bet won, you would lose the return (including stake) and not just the profit so its (decimal odds - 1 * stake).

Will have a dabble in small amounts and see how I get on, I never bet anything I can't afford to lose anyhow.

All looks settled on here, or has money not started to move it today as yet?

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/footba...rmanent-manager

Bolton have let 'slip' that Coyle is #1 choice, Coyle hasn't said no nor been officially approached. Bookies would be pretty bonkers to still have lines up at this point, although some clearly still do.

Bolton have let 'slip' that Coyle is #1 choice, Coyle hasn't said no nor been officially approached. Bookies would be pretty bonkers to still have lines up at this point, although some clearly still do.

Curbishleys odds are dropping this morning

• Site Supporter

where?

A bit of help please regarding Betfair, I have set up an account and deposited some cash from my bank, I should have a free ?25 bet, how do I access the free bet cash??

Thanks

The ?25 free bet cash will go into your betfair account within 48 hrs of your original ?25 bet being settled.

The ?25 free bet cash will go into your betfair account within 48 hrs of your original ?25 bet being settled.

Ok I get you, so I have to bet and pay upfront for the ?25 quid free bet, then I get it back afterwards?? I thought it automatically went into the online account after registering.

Im a bit of a novice at all this online betting

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.