Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Shopping List For New Manager

NZtrotter

Firstly - A Left back, ANY left back will do, and throw out our collection of peg legged excuses for left backs, if we cant sell/loan them out, just throw them out.

Secondly - A reserve keeper, sell Jussi, and install Al Habsi as No1

Thirdly - A centre back to go alongside Cahill, all others can go and make up a six a side team with our ex left backs.

Fourthly - Sign Klasnic permanently plus any other striker, send Elmander out to chorley on loan.

Fifthly - Sign Diouf again to annoy the crap out of everyone else.

Simple.

P.S. Happy new Year from over here, lets hope theres less pain for us all next year. NZ.

1.The left back area isn't our prime concern

2. Why sell Jussi?

3. We could always try Shittu.

4. Keep Klas if possible

5. Diouf is a filthy cunt I'd rather not see in a white shirt again.

A decent central attacking midfielder is a must.

Firstly - A Left back, ANY left back will do, and throw out our collection of peg legged excuses for left backs, if we cant sell/loan them out, just throw them out.

Thirdly - A centre back to go alongside Cahill, all others can go and make up a six a side team with our ex left backs.

Fourthly - Sign Klasnic permanently plus any other striker, send Elmander out to chorley on loan.

Simple.

P.S. Happy new Year from over here, lets hope theres less pain for us all next year. NZ.

Left backs are ok

Jussi is a good a keeper a club our size could ever hope for

I agree a CB is needed

Klas must be signed if possible

Kind of agree with point 5 i miss having an utter knob around that every other fucker hates.

• Site Supporter

Simple.

i cant take people seriously who speak like this.

and fwiw, we need a commanding centre half who can organise the defence

we are never going to be sign quality attacking central midfielder imo, there is no place for them in the modern game unless a) they are world class or B) we play 3 in the middle.

We need someone next to Muamba who he can make a short pass to when he wins the ball. Someone capable of keeping hold of it, think Mark Davies could do that, hopefully he will be given a chance under the new manager.

An experienced CB is a must to partner Cahill. Who is available that would come to us though?

Signing Klasnic is crucial, especially at the 1.4 million quoted.

I don't know what the OP is on about with the left back and goalkeeper situation, beats me.

We need someone next to Muamba who he can make a short pass to when he wins the ball. Someone capable of keeping hold of it, think Mark Davies could do that, hopefully he will be given a chance under the new manager.

An experienced CB is a must to partner Cahill. Who is available that would come to us though?

I don't know what the OP is on about with the left back and goalkeeper situation, beats me.

Only in the Mirror as far as I'm aware.

• Site Supporter

i thought he was given adequate chances, but he is no where near disciplined enough to start premiership games, and currently doesnt do enough when coming on as a sub.

has undoubted ability needs to do much more when given the chance imo

Simple.

1st No Left back required

2nd No Keeper required

3rd A central defender is needed, a commander, leader etc

4th AGREED

5th No Diouf required

Whose to say any of our current players would want to play for us? we have just sacked a Manager that have give all these youngsters there chance, there break through......

Muamba

Klasnic

Chung Yong

M Davies

Taylor (was rotting on the bench at pompey)

Cahill

Cohen

If i was any of these i would want out, go to a club that will get behind the team and not whine at every given chance. This is Megsons team and would of got it right in the 3rd year when got a good striking partnership of Klasnic and somebody who can link with him and a creative midfielder who can control the game. He has made the structure of the team (the backbone) and the nice final pieces where about to come over the next 6 months, we are doomed. You better all be getting season tickets for the championship next season and not let the club i love rot.

A Centre Half should be the absolute priority without a doubt. We're scoring plenty, but leaking goals at the back. Strengthen that up and I can honestly see us winning more games than losing, with our current scoring record.

A nice addition would be this magical attacking central midfielder that everyone talks about. I've yet to see a better player at breaking down play and just tackling in general than Muamba, the problem is, he does fuck all with it. He needs someone beside him that can receive the ball and start to create from there. The problem with that is finding that player who is affordable and will actually come to us.

Signing Klas is a must for me. We've found a natural finisher there who looks genuinely dangerous in front of goal. Carry on creating chances for him and he will score goals all season without a doubt.

Jussi is as good as we will get as Homer said.

AS for Dioufy, I enjoyed the "He's a cunt, but he's our cunt" for a bit, but why bother bringing him back? Pointless really.

Whose to say any of our current players would want to play for us? we have just sacked a Manager that have give all these youngsters there chance, there break through......

Muamba

Klasnic

Chung Yong

M Davies

Taylor (was rotting on the bench at pompey)

Cahill

Cohen

If i was any of these i would want out, go to a club that will get behind the team and not whine at every given chance. This is Megsons team and would of got it right in the 3rd year when got a good striking partnership of Klasnic and somebody who can link with him and a creative midfielder who can control the game. He has made the structure of the team (the backbone) and the nice final pieces where about to come over the next 6 months, we are doomed. You better all be getting season tickets for the championship next season and not let the club i love rot.

youngster? Klasnic?

Compared to Biff perhaps but he turns 30 next month.

Muamba was a regular starter in the Brum side that got relegated so Megson can't take credit for that.

I was one of Megsons biggest defenders but i feel you need to sit down and take a few deep breaths and think about your rants before you post them.

Simple.

How will this improve the team/squad? This will only improve the club Jussi would end up at.

I'm stopping short of saying something that is well below me NZT.

Happy new year from Row M seat 226.

Guest Frandsen08

Simple.

i hope your not getting lined up for the job :pardon:

i'd spend the vast majority of our jan budget(whatever that may be) on a centre half.

• Site Supporter
I think 1.4m for Klasnic is a steal. Sell Elmander for a few million and have money spare.

Who's queueing up for Elmander? I fear we're stuck with him because he won't get what we're paying him anywhere else.

Simple.

defo need a left back.

wouldnt get shut of jussi even though he has been abit shit recently.

defo another centre half.probably 2 when cahill sees sense and leaves in january.

sign klasnic shoot elmander

feck diouf weve got enough pricks in our team

OR are we a team thats belongs in the dog fights and was over achieving under big sam

Edited by grimmylh

• Site Supporter
defo need a left back.

wouldnt get shut of jussi even though he has been abit shit recently.

defo another centre half.probably 2 when cahill sees sense and leaves in january.

sign klasnic shoot elmander

feck diouf weve got enough pricks in our team

OR are we a team thats belongs in the dog fights and was over achieving under big sam

why do we need a left back, we have 4 players who can play there!!???

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.