Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Owen Coyle - BWFC manager

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's hoping! But no doubt there will still be a bunch of people with something negative to say!

Im not overly convinced he is experienced enough for what we need at the moment, but has massive potential to not only take us forward and bring back the football most people seem to want us to play. He will bring back a feel good factor with most fans and has a knowledge of what the club is about! Hopefully we will see the crowds coming back to support the team and watch us climb up the table!!

Sounds like this is a far from certain thing, Burnley will make every attempt to keep him and it if Coyle wants to speak to Burnley it might indicate that he isn't sure, a long way to go yet I feel

Have to agree.

If Coyle was 100% convinced that Bolton was right for him and there was nothing Burnley could offer him to persuade him otherwise, he might have resigned and got on with it.

But Coyle comes across as the type of bloke who will give his current employer the time-of-day to discuss matters before he does resign.

Let us hope that he doesn't get his head turned again.

Sounds like this is a far from certain thing, Burnley will make every attempt to keep him and it if Coyle wants to speak to Burnley it might indicate that he isn't sure, a long way to go yet I feel

Or in talking he's telling them he's off.... though I do tend to agree I think it's got someway to run yet!

Is there any official word from Burnley yet?

Yes Coyle has held talks with us and will speak with Burnley this evening (Monday) when he will make up his mind.

Burnley FC official

Club Statement:

Owen Coyle Posted on: Mon 04 Jan 2010

Burnley Football Club can now confirm that manager Owen Coyle has held discussions with Bolton Wanderers FC over the vacant manager's position at the Reebok Stadium.

Burnley Football Club chairman Barry Kilby will now meet with Coyle to discuss his future at Turf Moor.

This will take place following Coyle's return from Scotland tonight (Monday).

Burnley Football Club will not make any further comment at this time

No official comment from Burnley expected for a while

There is nowt I can add to the speculation

All players (apart from Clarke Carlisle) at Burnley were given the day off today which never happens unless a game is played on a sunday and as we all know now Owen was no where to be seen at the club.

Im aware that the club will try to keep Owen Coyle but it is likely he will join Bolton tomorrow.

Ive 'heard' Adrian Heath could join Owen at the BWFC in some capacity!

only a matter of time now...

...until we have nothing to moan about! :D

You what?

Referees

Linesmen

Pies at the 'bok

Warm beer

Tickey prices

?10 admission - what do ST holders get?

No atmosphere

The service at the ale bars

JCL's

This is not an exhaustive list

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.