Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Owen Coyle - BWFC manager

Where has he come from?

Out of the darkness with plenty to say to Bolton, Burnley and Blackburn fans sites on the subject of Owen Coyle!

mmmmm I wonder?

I likes a bit of mystery, Yatesy, so whoever he is, don't scare him off & let him keep his mask on! :D

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Supporter
They aren't happy campers on there.

Our new poster mate is having plenty of fun!

Thing is I would be pissed off too if I were them, but what is funny now is that they are using the delay to convince themselves that OC is the devil personified when the dog of turd is firmly on their own doorstep...

jedi master im not saying we have acted like saints however we have stuck to the rules we approached burnley for permission to speak to Coyle. Maybe you should have said no

:rofl:

If true then we should give them feck all for being greedy.

Bolton are willing to pay the full compensation figure in Coyle's contract, but they could have got him for nothing if the manager walked out on the deal.

I dont understand this bit at all, im gobsmacked :o

We're willing to pay what it says in his contract (?1m IIRC) but Burnley have insisted that it only applys if a top 6 club comes in and want the ?3.6m

TBF, after watching SSNs for the past few days, I don't think any of us are in a position to judge.

Aye that's what sort of people you will find wondering round various parts of Bolton while every other fucker's work. I still stand by my original comment.

it is a nixon pice

fcuk me, im going to bed smiling

royally shafted!

and folk on here and other boards doubt gartsides ability

If we're going to take that line, let's get it right

Thank you Burnley. Flood and Kilby fucked up - Gartside hardly engineered their poor business practice

And let's not believe all we hear just yet - after all Nixon will spin it Coyle's way and Employment law in general is very, very sticky

Thank you Burnley. Flood and Kilby fucked up - Gartside hardly engineered their poor business practice

And let's not believe all we hear just yet - after all Nixon will spin it Coyle's way and Employment law in general is very, very sticky

I agree with what you say Jules but bearing that in mind I am surpised how much Burnley are saying in the press and Gartside/BWFC seem to be taking the best route of saying nothing.

It helps that there seems to be a journalist who posts 'our' side of the arguement for us.

Edited by Ani

• Moderators

yes

i know about employment law, but thanks for your guidance

much appreciated

Reading some of the stuff on that Mirror article, how have Bolton 'misbehaved' in all this? We approached their manager in the formal way and clean cut. We haven't spouted any shite about the situation. Credit to Garty on this one. Shame we're getting harangued by most of the press, whereas a more prominent club would get little to none of the stick we have received.

During the lost posts on this thread, I did question if Burnley can be looking for a new manager when the employee in that position is on gardening-leave, i.e. still employed by the club.

We had one of our Senior Engineers on fully paid gardening-leave early last year and the EEF made it quite clear that we should not start to recruit a replacement. A temp YES but a permanent replacement was a big NO.

As has been said on here, Employment Law is a beast and a lot of lawyers make a lot of money out of it. This is a classic "Town-Hall-Steps" case and its now just a question of time before Burnley realise that taking the 1 Million on the table is better than nowt.

The way that the good name of Owen Coyle is now being dragged through the dirt by everyone connected with Burnley, his good faith of not taking on a constructive dismissal case will not last much longer.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.