Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Owen Coyle - BWFC manager

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope that if we can get Coyle in place, we can convert to a more ambitious, semi-attractive style of play rather than the the hoof-to-davies-hope-for-the-best approach that was constant under Megson and the later years of allardyce.

I just hope that if we can get Coyle in place, we can convert to a more ambitious, semi-attractive style of play rather than the the hoof-to-davies-hope-for-the-best approach that was constant under Megson and the later years of allardyce.

I wouldn't expect a change for a while as we dont have those type of players yet, it will take time.

Sammy Lee tried that. We have got to have the right players in first. Owen's away record this season is a worry. The last thing we need is a Tony Mowbray type manager who can't/won't compromise on the 'style' to get results. Having said that if OC comes, I'm 100% behind him, starting at Sunderland =D>

Sammy Lee tried that. We have got to have the right players in first. Owen's away record this season is a worry. The last thing we need is a Tony Mowbray type manager who can't/won't compromise on the 'style' to get results. Having said that if OC comes, I'm 100% behind him, starting at Sunderland =D>

Sammy Lee tried to change too much too quickly. If he has slowly changed things he may have been a success.

• Site Supporter

i love this perception of that we are one dimensional.

have you actually been to any games this season???

i guarentee any new manager will not change the way we play games, yet many people will think "we are playing more attacking" for reason which are beyond me.

the only thing megson was 'guilty of' was not knowing what to do to keep hold of a lead, his theory was to defend it, another managers may be different.

Edited by HomerJay

• Site Supporter

I just don't get why Megson gets paid off.

If any of us were found to be incapable of doing the job we're paid to do then I'd guess we'd be dismissed. I doubt very much my employers would turn round and say, as I still had 7 years to do before retirement I could have 7 years pay!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.