Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Is Coyle The New Brown

Long time reader but very rare poster!

Rog is a legend and has talked more sense than a lot of people on here for ages.

OC is the man for the job. Cut out this negativity.

He know's the club, he will play more attractive football and has full on respect for the town and its poeple.

I would be delighted if he was chosen to be our next manager. This type of appointment is everything the bulk of BWFC fans have been crying for the last 2 years.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rog is a legend and has talked more sense than a lot of people on here for ages.

He know's the club, he will play more attractive football and has full on respect for the town and its poeple.

I would be delighted if he was chosen to be our next manager. This type of appointment is everything the bulk of BWFC fans have been crying for the last 2 years.

Very well said. If he comes, lets get behind him .

You and Rog shacked up together?

Coyle has his good and bad points, just like every other manager, there will be negativity no matter who we get, even if it was Alex Ferguson.

We could definently do worse than Coyle, don't think it will happen though.

i think whoever gets the job the fans need to get behind them and the team.

not sure you get the 'option' as a fan to only support a team with a manager you think is a good bloke.

whoever gets the job will be long gone before i stop supporting bolton.

• Moderators

I don't think it's just here. We read all the other sites, off and on, and WW seems no different to them. I don't think any of them represent the very vocal and agressive core that seem to have taken over in real life.

If you disagree with someone, feel free to chip in. There's not much point reading and then having a retrospective pop.

ha ha - Its amazing what the sacking of Megson has done, the likes myself and Rog have come of the wood work.

Its a tremendous oppurtunity to unite club and the fans together. I have felt more passion for BWFC in this last few days than I have for over the last 4 or so years. Thus I have posted on here on for once. Attractive football played the right way is what we require and a united support behind our club is what is required.

The list of candidates posted above are all dogshit.

OC all the way!

ha ha - Its amazing what the sacking of Megson has done, the likes myself and Rog have come of the wood work.

Its a tremendous oppurtunity to unite club and the fans together. I have felt more passion for BWFC in this last few days than I have for over the last 4 or so years. Thus I have posted on here on for once. Attractive football played the right way is what we require and a united support behind our club is what is required.

The list of candidates posted above are all dogshit.

OC all the way!

so if owen coyle deos nt get the job, will you be part of the 'united support' or will you be saying the manager is dogshit?

So it's been reported on BBC (Final Score) after the burnley game that Owen Coyle came right out to the fans after the match and clapped and thumbs up to them all. (They said it was rather unusual and "Hughesesque")

According to the Burnley Forum he's flying straight to Scotland tonight and won't be doing the after match press conf.

Very interesting.

Edited by Dan.m

So it's been reported on BBC (Final Score) after the burnley game that Owen Coyle came right out to the fans after the match and clapped and thumbs up to them all. (They said it was rather unusual and "Hughesesque")

According to the Burnley Forum he's flying straight to Scotland tonight and won't be doing the after match press conf.

Very interesting.

Thought he turned Celtic down already.

I'm kinda not sure...

I really believe that we have the bones of a decent team / squad...

and coached / played to their full potential could be a half decent side...

Hughes was my instant shout when i heard of that ginger cunts demise....

but...he didn't do great things at Blackburn....and with the squad he had at city, shouldn't he of got a bit more??

Coyle to me seems a hard working manager who players respect...

I agree that if he hadn't played for us...most would be giving it a big NO...

but he has got Burnley playing well and hard to beat especially at home...and I believe that he would relish the thought of doing good things with us, with a bit of money which he constantly bemoans at Burnley...so yes lets give him a go...I really don't see any Bolton fan not supporting the appointment...and the Bok may get its heart back....

i may even get to a game this season :blink:

I also hope that he tries to land Chris Eagles cause he has the type of attcking wing play we desperately need...

If Hughes was interested I think he would be a safe pair of hands, but I worry about the psychology at play when a manager is sacked from such a wealthy club, his biggest opportunity, to then arrive at Bolton and be 100% behind a scrap for survival, it's not realistic.

With the touted experienced managers, I just feel the football climate changes so fast that with Curbishley and Jewell being out for a while, the game's almost left them behind. Like catching up with school after 6 months off, I just think we don't have that luxury.

I think the point about the fans not wanting Coyle if he wasn't a former player is the wrong way of looking at it. Coyle wouldn't consider us if it wasn't for that link, if it wasn't for the fans giving him such a great reception at Turf Moor. It feels like for once in BWFC's existence we've got a bit of fortune on our side and I think we need to make the most of it.

I was told today from a reputable source that the new manager was in place last week and he will be announced in the coming week. That suggests to me that he is a current manager and we need to get his club to agree to release him or for him to resign. I was also told that the person would be a surprise. Make of that what you will.

I was told today from a reputable source that the new manager was in place last week and he will be announced in the coming week. That suggests to me that he is a current manager and we need to get his club to agree to release him or for him to resign. I was also told that the person would be a surprise. Make of that what you will.

FSW?

Allardyce would be a surprise

What shite.

He does that after most games, as seen at Turf Moor on Boxing Day

thats what i was told nearly word for word

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.