Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Elmander!

Warby78

Pure speculation, as i know that OC hasn't agreed to join us so far.

But hypothetically speaking, do you think Elmander might have a small chance of coming good under a manager that played the same position, rather than a trapper of a bag of Blue Circle?

I'm not sure he would, but thought i would open it for discussion.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Evenin' Bolty, Whats weather like down in sunny Perth??

I almost wish you hadn't asked but not quite :D

Seriously searing fecking hot and as unpleasant, in its own way, as what you are having to endure.

Had to attend a Manc wedding yesterday (scooter club mon formerly of Manchester Lyons SC and a mate of Manis) and folk were fainting at the outdoor ceremony. Good piss up weather there. You can have a Where's (the) Wally with the first below.

P1020032.jpg

P1020027.jpg

But hypothetically speaking, do you think Elmander might have a small chance of coming good under a manager that played the same position, rather than a trapper of a bag of Blue Circle?

No.

You can't polish a Swede.

He has a chance but lets not forget that Megson signed him, assumingly because he thought he could fit into his style of play - so polishing a turd does come to mind.

One forward who does need to take a long look over his shoulder should OC get the job is SKD. Current form doesn't merit a place in a Big Sam or Megson style of team - never mind a OC team

• Site Supporter
He has a chance but lets not forget that Megson signed him, assumingly because he thought he could fit into his style of play - so polishing a turd does come to mind.

One forward who does need to take a long look over his shoulder should OC get the job is SKD. Current form doesn't merit a place in a Big Sam or Megson style of team - never mind a OC team

spot on, if OC does get the job, id wouldnt be supprised to see elmander and klasnic up front and SKD on the bench.

the fact they play the same position can only be a positive. The other aspect to consider is coyle seems to be able to the best out of players. His motivational skills also seem to be very good. Weather he comes is still open to debate, but let's hope if he does then he can get all our squad, including elmander, motivated and playing at the top end of their ability.

• Moderators
i guarantee that 90% of the contributors to this thread slagged coyle off mercilessly in the first few months of his bolton career

nowt new there, then

you still sulking over megsons dismissal

The common link between Elmander and Coyle is that both played in a Bolton team that didn't/doesn't play to their style. In Coyle's case that is hardly surprising since Rioch signed him without actually seeing him play.

would like to think that player who cost us a small fortune would have the skills to get into the first team.

Has to come good at some point !

hope so.did we sign him on a 3 year deal ?he is half way through it now,if so.he needs to show now.or we may not deem him worthy of a contact extension.

i guarantee that 90% of the contributors to this thread slagged coyle off mercilessly in the first few months of his bolton career

nowt new there, then

The joy of fans forums not existing then, is that we will never know!

Unless someone has been hoarding copies of fanzines from back in the 90's?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.