Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Best Bolton Comebacks?

Didledee

After watching belated highlights of the Angola 4-4 Mali game, it got me thinking of games when Bolton came back from being behind.

Chelsea 4-3 Bolton - I know we lost but that was amazing especially at 4-0 down and Cahill nearly got an equaliser late on.

Blackburn 3-4 Bolton - I broke my foot after this game, always remember this, especially Djorkaeff's lob.

West Brom 2-2 Bolton PLAY OFF SEMI FINAL 1ST LEG - 2 of the most vital goals in our history, we won 3-0 in the 2nd leg but it would/could of been different if not for Bergsson and Fransden goals.

Bolton 1-1 West Brom - Diouf's last gasp equaliser stopped a run of like 6 straight defeats, we went on to win our next 7 games, without Diouf's confidence boosting goal, Europe may not of happened.

Bayern 2-2 Bolton - Who would of thought it! a weakened Bolton team drawing against Bayern, certainly not channel fives commentator when Bibi scored, i'm sure the people who went will have fonder memories, but this game was special, 1-0 up, 2-1 down, then SKD gets us a point, class! Ribery was on fire that night also, it was like Bolton v Ribery at times.

These are from the last decade, i would need the help of some old Bolton books to rekindle my memories of the nineties but for obvious reasons this was the most epic.

Bolton 4-3 Reading PLAY OFF FINAL - You all know what happened, if not check youtube, makes me get goosebumps when i watch it. Was my second trip to Wembley that season not like i can remember them that well, i wish my dad paid for my tickets and stuff now like :pardon:

Edited by DidledeeBwfc

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching belated highlights of the Angola 4-4 Mali game, it got me thinking of games when Bolton came back from being behind.

Chelsea 4-3 Bolton - I know we lost but that was amazing especially at 4-0 down and Cahill nearly got an equaliser late on.

Blackburn 3-4 Bolton - I broke my foot after this game, always remember this, especially Djorkaeff's lob.

West Brom 2-2 Bolton PLAY OFF SEMI FINAL 1ST LEG - 2 of the most vital goals in our history, we won 3-0 in the 2nd leg but it would/could of been different if not for Bergsson and Fransden goals.

Bolton 1-1 West Brom - Diouf's last gasp equaliser stopped a run of like 6 straight defeats, we went on to win our next 7 games, without Diouf's confidence boosting goal, Europe may not of happened.

Bayern 2-2 Bolton - Who would of thought it! a weakened Bolton team drawing against Bayern, certainly not channel fives commentator when Bibi scored, i'm sure the people who went will have fonder memories, but this game was special, 1-0 up, 2-1 down, then SKD gets us a point, class! Ribery was on fire that night also, it was like Bolton v Ribery at times.

These are from the last decade, i would need the help of some old Bolton books to rekindle my memories of the nineties but for obvious reasons this was the most epic.

Bolton 4-3 Reading PLAY OFF FINAL - You all know what happened, if not check youtube, makes me get goosebumps when i watch it. Was my second trip to Wembley that season not like i can remember them that well, i wish my dad paid for my tickets and stuff now like :pardon:

never even be beaten

Ooh ahhgh Brannigan say Ooh argh Brannigan :yahoo:

• Site Supporter

One of my Fav's was 2 - 2 against Leicester with 9 men.....December 2001 I believe.

The entire stadium singing 'We only need 9 men'

Epic game, had everything, cheating twat Savage and at the time goal scoring hero Ricketts !!

Beat me to it Athywhite_Mike.......

Edited by Latham8WFC

One of my Fav's was 2 - 2 against Leicester with 9 men.....December 2001 I believe.

The entire stadium singing 'We only need 9 men'

Epic game, had everything, cheating twat Savage and at the time goal scoring hero Ricketts !!

Beat me to it Athywhite_Mike.......

I got there first :yahoo:

1-0 down to United and end up winning 2-1 thanks to Nolan and Ricketts. Plus a unbelievable double save from Jussi.

If I remember rightly we were the first team to come from behind and beat them at Old Trafford either since the start of the Premier League or for a good few years anyway

1-0 down to United and end up winning 2-1 thanks to Nolan and Ricketts. Plus a unbelievable double save from Jussi.

If I remember rightly we were the first team to come from behind and beat them at Old Trafford either since the start of the Premier League or for a good few years anyway

By a minute :drinks:

And one that ended in glorious failure - Stockport Away a few back - 0-3 at HT, equalised with about 5 mins to go, then they scab one in Injury time.

Didn't we do something similar at Boro? Came back to 3-3 then they scored a last minute winner?

Viduka tried to put JJ off his penalty to make it 3-2 and very nearly succeed!

• Site Supporter

2-0 down to Arsenal with 12 mins left I think and we drew 2-2. Okocha did that flick over a defenders head near corner flag. I remember it cos watching it after the game on the highlights Andy Gray was loving it the fact that a team at the bottom of the prem could come back from two down to the Champions is the reason he loved the Prem :drinks:

Guest bwfcdan
And one that ended in glorious failure - Stockport Away a few back - 0-3 at HT, equalised with about 5 mins to go, then they scab one in Injury time.

Aaron Wilbreham scored the winner if i remember rightly...radio went out the window when they got the winner <_<

The 2-2 at home to Arsenal in 02/03, after going 2-0 down for Djorkaeff to dink one past Seaman and Keowns OG for Djorkaeffs free kick.

Jay Jay Okocha pulled out all the tricks that day.

A bit of me did feel bad, as we effectivley gave United the title after that result.

This where a gooden as well at home to Forest 93/94, think it was Thommos debut.

Bolton 4-3 Forest

Didn't we do something similar at Boro? Came back to 3-3 then they scored a last minute winner?

Viduka tried to put JJ off his penalty to make it 3-2 and very nearly succeed!

Yeh, Sunday afternoon on Sky, Jaidi scored the equaliser and 'Boro then went and scored, was probably Jaidi's fault too. Not the best journey home I've ever had.

Weren't we losing 2-0 at home to Arsenal and drew 2-2 virtually denying the Premiership?

Yep, Keown's own goal made it 2-2

2-0 down to Arsenal with 12 mins left I think and we drew 2-2. Okocha did that flick over a defenders head near corner flag. I remember it cos watching it after the game on the highlights Andy Gray was loving it the fact that a team at the bottom of the prem could come back from two down to the Champions is the reason he loved the Prem :drinks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEjYdCKlwU4 :good:

Another comeback against us...97...home to coventry..scott sellars gives us the lead...we lose 5-1 :mellow:

I wanted Todd out after that, the 5th goal consisted of Jimmy Phillipps ballooning the ball into the air and Dion Dublin tapping it in.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.