Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Smallest Away Support We've Ever Seen

Guest bwfcdan

Who's the smallest away support you've ever seen? Burnden included...

And whats the smallest support you've ever seen us take to a match?

Seeing as i only went to the one burnden park game, i'll use that... i saw no Charlton fans for the last match at Burnden... and as for our following i'll say Fulham, carling cup a few year back...100 if that there..

Last game at Burnden- Charlton ended up with the temporary stand at the Embankment End (just in front of Normid). I don't think they filled it, but that stand held around 250. From what I can see on the DVD, there were probably about 200 Charlton fans in that stand.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Smallest Away following I have been in was Man United in 1995 when they gave us an Official allocation of nil ( as the ground was being rebuilt ) There was about 30 of us reasonably close together in the Main Stand Corporate seats who tried to get a song going ... not sure how many others were dotted around but could not have been more than 100-150.

An 'I was there' moment when Stubbs got off the bench and was roundly abused in a ground with 'no' away fans.

For Burnden, I'd say Newport when we beat them 6-0. About a dozen of them.

An 'I was there' moment when Stubbs got off the bench and was roundly abused in a ground with 'no' away fans.

For Burnden, I'd say Newport when we beat them 6-0. About a dozen of them.

"We are not, we'r no really ere......."

Back in the 70's some teams brought no support at all. I remember how pathetic it was that teams like Oldham would maybe bring one coach load of fans and we would take a couple of thousand to thier gaff. One Night match at home to Blackburn I recall seeing about 50 or so of there fans on the embankment. The smallest I remember is also Charlton, But not that last home game. We beat them 5 - 0 one saturday and after the game I saw two of them coming out of the manny road end. The smallest away following I remember was West Ham in the F.A cup (lost 2 -1) I was on coach one of one from Ribble travel.

Smallest Away following I have been in was Man United in 1995 when they gave us an Official allocation of nil ( as the ground was being rebuilt ) There was about 30 of us reasonably close together in the Main Stand Corporate seats who tried to get a song going ... not sure how many others were dotted around but could not have been more than 100-150.

Smallest Wanderers following I know of us taking is 2 - thats from talking to Ruth Crawshaw who went to the friendlies played in Japan a couple of years back.

At Burnden prior to installation of an Away segregated area in about 1976 ? I can remember games in the 3rd division in 1971/72/73 when the visiting team scored and there was just silence .

I was in the Stretford End for that game, i seem to remember the ground full of bwfc fans dotted everywhere. Got my ticket at face value an hour before the game, less than 35,000 on at OT due to rebuilding. It use to wind me up when United fans said that they couldnt get tickets for love nor money and we picked them up easy outside.

I was in the Stretford End for that game, i seem to remember the ground full of bwfc fans dotted everywhere. Got my ticket at face value an hour before the game, less than 35,000 on at OT due to rebuilding. It use to wind me up when United fans said that they couldnt get tickets for love nor money and we picked them up easy outside.

I reckon 3,000 of us on that day

munich bastards

There was a season when Luton Town banned away supporters. A small group of Bolton fans sponsored the ball in order to see the game.

That Newport game in the 1980s they had about a dozen. Most of them turned up after kick off if my memory is correct - before that there was just one bloke on his own on the Embankment.

look forward to your post in 2011, mikey

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.