Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Matty Taylor

Didledee

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is today really a time for critisim, The lad in front of me today were slagging every fucker off. Today was a new start for all, least we can do is show the same grace to the players as what the new man in charge is, cant we?

I didn't really think I was being overly critical, if you read the thread back you could look at my post as being defensive of Cohen, Chungy, Steinnson etc who I believe have been unjustly criticized. Not saying that Matty Taylors a bad player just that he didn't play well today and frankly hasn't set the world on fire this season, maybe a rest would do him good and more importantly give Ricky Gardner a chance to impress. As for McCann would you really want him in the side ahead of Muamba?

• Site Supporter
I didn't really think I was being overly critical, if you read the thread back you could look at my post as being defensive of Cohen, Chungy, Steinnson etc who I believe have been unjustly criticized. Not saying that Matty Taylors a bad player just that he didn't play well today and frankly hasn't set the world on fire this season, maybe a rest would do him good and more importantly give Ricky Gardner a chance to impress. As for McCann would you really want him in the side ahead of Muamba?

It wasnt a did at you just the fact were one game into a new era and already we have a 3 page thread of slagging off.

Guest Frandsen08

well that isnt exactly correct , especially when people have a reason to moan, and even more so if they were moanin about that subject when GM was here

Guest bwfcdan
Really? In the first half he was probably our best player; constantly chasing down and putting some good tackles in. The Korean kid was doing his stuff but it was Cohen breaking up play and trying to keep a very good Arsenal midfield quiet.

I thought he put some in some decent tackles in the first half but i thought he struggled a lot against a very good Arsenal midfield...

• Site Supporter
I thought he put some in some decent tackles in the first half but i thought he struggled a lot against a very good Arsenal midfield...

Yes but to be fair, we were up against a bloody good team and 2-0 flattered them really. We had some good chances and while they had the ball a lot (as you would expect) we really did give them a game. Cohen in the first half was involved in pretty much everything and I for one thought he did pretty well.

Crikey... You're all being a bit negative, I thought we played well considering the calibre of the opposition.

Totally agree the overall performance was good - Matty Taylor, Steinson, Mc Cann and Elmander were just not good enough today and thread was correct MT did let us down

We will however have good days ahead

COYWM

Just one of those days for Taylor and nothing went right for him in front of goal.

Any other day and he could have scored a few.

My 2 concerns for Matty Taylor is

1) His body language after 10 mins appeared to show he was knackered and lacked fitness.

2) He doesn't know whether he should be playing inside or out on the wing.When he receives the ball he looks like he is in the wrong position ie has his back to the ball and rushes to get near the wing to receive the ball whereas Lee faces the ball,controls it and attacks the player.

Coyley will get the best out of him in due course.

We need to show patience cos Taylor is an asset to the team.

Guest bwfcdan
Totally agree the overall performance was good - Matty Taylor, Steinson, Mc Cann and Elmander were just not good enough today and thread was correct MT did let us down

We will however have good days ahead

COYWM

Matty Taylor let us down? he was just as poor as steinsson and Muamba... dont understand how you can include Elmander because he played for 10 minutes when it was 2-0 and game over...

Edited by bwfcdan

Hopefully Owen will have learned a lot from today. CYL man of the match for us. Taylor absolutely awful, Steinsson did not have a good game for me either. Get Wednesday night out of the way and let's get up that table =D>

I thought Cohen was out best player today, was all around the the park competing with Diaby. Muamba was good for his usual 60mins. Considering we were playing the team who are going to win the league in my opinion...not bad from either of our CM.

I thought Muamba could have been more effectively used man-marking Fabregas. After 15 mins it was apparent most of their play was going through him and he had far too much space. Didn't Muamba do a good man-marking job on Gerrard last season, or am I imagining things?

Guest bwfcdan
I thought Muamba could have been more effectively used man-marking Fabregas. After 15 mins it was apparent most of their play was going through him and he had far too much space. Didn't Muamba do a good man-marking job on Gerrard last season, or am I imagining things?

This season you mean, Gerrard wasnt in the game thanks to Muamba until Davis got sent off....

Aye!

Im a fan of him game, because he lacks in other areas it means that what hes good at and in the team for often goes unnoticed, hes irreplaceable for us.

• Site Supporter

Arsenal are 3rd in the League.. a few points behind the leaders...

we have been struggling and are second from the bottom..

If we play the same way we played today.. we'll stay up no problems..

Coyles now seen how they all perfrom in games and will act on it..

never known a team dive as much !!

• Site Supporter

They definately got the rub of the green fron Dowd today.

Chung Yong put 6' in the air warrented more than a talking to, especially as later on in the game he was booking folk for very little.

Dowd's handling of arsenal's diving bastards left a lot to be desired.

Everyone in the ground saw the backpass to Almunia . . . except Dowd (and probably Wenger!)

As I've stated elsewhere, same linesman has different opinions on two offside decisions.

Let's be honest here. Taylor's had about three good games since April, and he's been dropped once in that time. He's looked slow and today was not the first time he's been missing easy chances. I also put some fault on him for their first goal.

At the very least he needs a rest and stick Gardner left wing so at least we've got a bit of pace. I don't think he's a bad player, he proved that the majority of last season, he just looks unfit/tired.

FWIW, I thought Cohen was one of our better players, with Lee our best, Muamba was good at what we know he's good at and bad at what we know he's bad at, Steinsson was at best average, McCann was woeful, and we can't judge Elmander on 10 minutes but we all know he's not good enough.

Dowd was shite to both teams, I'd have given them 2 penalties.

Edited by adambwfc

Nah Matty T was terrible today, although he did track back and work hard, it was generally after he'd given the ball away in the first place, eg. 1st goal!!

McCan is terrible, he slowed down every atttack we mounted when he came on, though was a like for like sub.

Generally though I thought it was a good performance, and if we continue to play like that against the sides around us we will have no issues getting points and puching on. Don;t know how anyone can critisize Cohen today, he was immense and intercepting and laying it on, only tired due to running his socks off!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.