Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Arsenal 4 Wanderers 2

Guest bwfcdan

Al Habsi is knocking on the door!

Did I see Jussi on his knees again when their first goal goes in?! Its a big fault of his and how Barber hasn't removed it in the 10 years he's been at the club is beyond me.

For sure, Al Habsi will play on Saturday. Will a good performance keep him in the team for next Tuesday?

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Supporter
Did I see Jussi on his knees again when their first goal goes in?! Its a big fault of his and how Barber hasn't removed it in the 10 years he's been at the club is beyond me.

For sure, Al Habsi will play on Saturday. Will a good performance keep him in the team for next Tuesday?

it looked like he thought the first goal was going wide..

I'm sorry but if anyone is blaming Jussi for the 2nd goal they don't watch or understand enough football

He narrowed the angle, made himself as big as possible and there was only one place Fabregas could have scored and it has the smallest margin for error

Unfortunately, Fabregas is one of the best midfielders in the World and was good enough to put it through his legs

Jussi is far from perfect and has always had a habit of falling to his knees but how many times has Jussi saved us?...going further though Al Habsi should be considered...I think we're fortunate to have 2 very good options.

Bigger issues for me are the defence and midfield backing off and not closing men down - that's why we're not keeping clean sheets, not because of the keeper

• Site Supporter
I'm sorry but if anyone is blaming Jussi for the 2nd goal they don't watch or understand enough football

He narrowed the angle, made himself as big as possible and there was only one place Fabregas could have scored and it has the smallest margin for error

Unfortunately, Fabregas is one of the best midfielders in the World and was good enough to put it through his legs

Jussi is far from perfect and has always had a habit of falling to his knees but how many times has Jussi saved us?...going further though Al Habsi should be considered...I think we're fortunate to have 2 very good options.

Bigger issues for me are the defence and midfield backing off and not closing men down - that's why we're not keeping clean sheets, not because of the keeper

agreed.

hate to say it, but it was a great finish from fabregas.

all our defenders and midfield looked totally disorganised for 2 of the goals, running round like headless chickens.

• Site Supporter
agreed.

hate to say it, but it was a great finish from fabregas.

all our defenders and midfield looked totally disorganised for 2 of the goals, running round like headless chickens.

Which is hardly surprising as Gallas had just maimed Mark davis and the ref had missed it.

• Moderators
Have we ever done any really bad challenges on Arsenal? Injury causing. I cant recall any but I'm biased.

We've copped last night's and also didnt Diaby break Campo's foot?

Possibly Faye on Reyes

But not 100%

Possibly Faye on Reyes

But not 100%

A google later.

Not even the worst challenge in the game according to this journalist.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/col...icle1082175.ece

For the record, Abdoulaye Faye, of Bolton, went in on Jos? Antonio Reyes, two-footed with studs showing, and while he connected with the ball first, the abandon of the challenge took him through into Reyes?s ankle, which at first was feared to be broken. Soon after, Mathieu Flamini, of Arsenal, leapt two-footed, studs up and late, at Ricardo Gardner, who, at the top of his game, somehow evaded the assault, avoiding serious injury.

IF ANYTHING, Flamini?s tackle looked worse, nearer to the man than the ball, and Ars?ne Wenger?s attempt to justify it in post-match interviews proves only that his statements are often economical with the actualit? when the interests of his team are at stake. Faye and Flamini should have been sent off, Reyes and Gardner are lucky not to be encased in plaster and if anybody seriously believes that the biggest issue at Highbury was players going to ground too freely, they should perhaps join Arsenal?s manager in the queue at Specsavers.

Possibly Faye on Reyes

But not 100%

Faye went in hard on Ljungberg hard a few years ago that had Wenger ranting that he would be out for the season. H was playing again 3 days later midweek. Flamini then returned the compliment with a horrendous 2 footed lunge that Wenger didn't see.

• Site Supporter
Well if thats how he saw it, that should be the last time Wiley ever steps on to a football pitch, because he is unfit to do the job

Agreed. Lesser lights in the refereeing world have done a few weeks in the lower leagues for missing more minor incidents than this one.

I think BWFC ought to build up a dossier on games reffed by and decisions made by Alan Wiley involving Bolton Wanderers. It can't just be bad luck on our part that he gives us nothing at any time can it?

They stopped Mike riley and Barry Knight reffing us at one stage didn't they?

"2 players coming together" FFS

Wileys obviously never kicked a ball in his life.

And there lies the problem with most refs, they've no idea when things are done intentional or not because they've never played , if they had they would know how a play goes down whether he?s been fouled or he?s diving

What really fucks me off about that challenge is when you remember all the bleating Arsenal did about Martin Taylor's tackle on Eduardo a couple of years back. You'd have thought the cunts were the keepers of football's flame. That Taylor tackle looked worse on impact but it was just because he's shit and slow, and didn't get there in time. Gallas meant that one last night, why else would he have gone in with his studs over the top of the ball and turned his back? Davies didn't move, that's how you could tell he was badly injured. And then those Arsenal fans, who were giving it a load of yap about dirty bastards when Eduardo got injured, cheered when the stretcher came on. Cunts

Sorry for the length of this, but it really, really pissed me off

This is not about being unfit, he was in the right spot to see what went on and he fucked it up, this is about him being incompetent

Yeh I know that but I wouldn't be surprised if Mr Wiley is being protected slightly more after Fergie's rant

Guest bwfcdan

Got back at 2:30 this morning. Gallas is an absolute tosser!! as is Wiley for doing nothing about it!! Al Habsi in for Jussi? Behave!! Once again the defending was really poor for the goals. Need to sort it out. Annoying thing is i must have eat something dodgy last night as i feel sick as dog now.. want to go home! :bad:

This is not about being unfit, he was in the right spot to see what went on and he fucked it up, this is about him being incompetent

Or biased. He was about 10 yards away and so was the ball when Gallas hit Davies. There was no player obscuring his view.

There has been too much history. It's not about one error, the man has made a series of lousy decisions against us in the last 3 to 4 years. Not only that, but like Barry Knight, he is as likely as not to give the foul against us.

A video of the Liverpool home game this season should suffice.

The FA will do nothing, but he shouldn't ref us again.

There are plenty of unbiased refs out there.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.