Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton Playing Top Flight Football.

leigh white

Since Bolton were founder members in 1888, we have at least played in the top league of English Football in every decade.

Thats because Bolton Wanderers is a real football club steeped in history of the great game we don't give the club the credit it deserves for its record past and present, there are few town clubs that can compare with our history and many city clubs who cannot match our achievments.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

I was flicking through an Everton book, and in it describe's Bolton Wanderers as The Mighty Bolton Wanderer's, when refering to a cup game in the 1900's, I think we got thrown out for cheating.

I wont go through all the anti-mickey jokes Pablo, but reading about the semi-final with Everton in 53 at Maine Rd, in an old football book from the period, coming back from 4-0 down to 4-3, sounded like a classic, concidering EFC was in div 2 at the time.

I wont go through all the anti-mickey jokes Pablo, but reading about the semi-final with Everton in 53 at Maine Rd, in an old football book from the period, coming back from 4-0 down to 4-3, sounded like a classic, concidering EFC was in div 2 at the time.

I think you beat us quite a lot in the Cups. We dont have a good Cup record.

Since Bolton were founder members in 1888, we have at least played in the top league of English Football in every decade.

Hopefully someone will come along and tell us how many clubs have achieved this.

Which teams since they were founded,have played in the top flight of English football in every decade?

Hopefully someone will come along and tell us how many clubs have achieved this.

Which teams since they were founded,have played in the top flight of English football in every decade?

Their must be 12, at least.

• Site Supporter

12 founder members, and only those played that first decade ( AS FAR as i can tell ). 12 played 88-89, 89-90 i cant find any info on.

Of those, Accrington,

Aston Villa F.C.

Blackburn Rovers F.C.

Bolton Wanderers F.C.

Burnley F.C.

Derby County F.C.

Everton F.C.

Notts County F.C.

Preston North End F.C.

Stoke City F.C.

West Bromwich Albion F.C.

Wolverhampton Wanderers

We know Burnley, Wolves Notts deffo havent played premiership in the 90's, i cant remeber but unsure about stoke, Preston and West Brom...

Doesnt leave many...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.