Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Citeh 2 Wanderers 0 Final Score

• Site Supporter

Good lord, no thanks. Hopefully wont see him on the park again.

What about Sean davis when hes fit? Seem to remember him being comfortable on the ball in his earlier years.

hmm, possibly.

but hes not fit this season anyway.

• Site Supporter

In the worlds most ironic post a poster with the name 'take hunt off' wants the same player to come back and save our season.

Nicky Hunt was a decent player who's confidence was ruined by the boo boys.

Cohen is fucking garbage, in fact I may well change my username, if only i knew how.

the fact that he stop city playing though the centre when he was switch there after 10mins, suggests he's not.

all singing wilshere praises, but taylor would have helped robinson and doubled up on johnson. then maybe robinson wouldnt have made the tackle.

wilshere, like weiss, is great going forward but they add no defensive to an already weak defence.

balance people, its all about balance.

and taking chances.

Is it just me or is Coyle sounding more like Sammy Lee with every after-match press conference he gives?

Anyhow, Cohen and Robinson are surely on borrowed time - Robinson more so, as we have other options in that position. Cohen though is slightly more complicated - in that the likely replacements for him offer little defensive support, so on that count Coyle is likely to continue with him. The problem then comes in how to get the best out of Lee, Weiss, Wilshere and M Davies - expecting Coyle to stick with his prefered front two? It s a dilema which needs sorting soon as the experimental period in games we were likely to lose anyway, has now ended.

On another point, was AOB on the bench to just make up the numbers or is he now so far off Premiership standard that Coyle prefers to play full-backs there instead?

In the worlds most ironic post a poster with the name 'take hunt off' wants the same player to come back and save our season.

Nicky Hunt was a decent player who's confidence was ruined by the boo boys.

Cohen is fucking garbage, in fact I may well change my username, if only i knew how.

The clue is in my user picture but never mind , fucking garbage is a bit strong I prefer Cohen to Muamba

• Site Supporter

Is it just me or is Coyle sounding more like Sammy Lee with every after-match press conference he gives?

Anyhow, Cohen and Robinson are surely on borrowed time - Robinson more so, as we have other options in that position. Cohen though is slightly more complicated - in that the likely replacements for him offer little defensive support, so on that count Coyle is likely to continue with him. The problem then comes in how to get the best out of Lee, Weiss, Wilshere and M Davies - expecting Coyle to stick with his prefered front two? It s a dilema which needs sorting soon as the experimental period in games we were likely to lose anyway, has now ended.

On another point, was AOB on the bench to just make up the numbers or is he now so far off Premiership standard that Coyle prefers to play full-backs there instead?

positives?

The clue is in my user picture but never mind , fucking garbage is a bit strong I prefer Cohen to Muamba

I understand that hence i did not call you an idiot.

The irony is that when Hunt (N) played he got slagged off, now I think people realise that the lack of cover in front of whoever plays right back means they can look poor (steinsson and ricketts aint looked any better).

Its like rain on your wedding day...............

lets comment on Coyles selection decisions after the next 6 games where we have games against teams in and around us. We were never irrespective of who was going to play get loads of points out of Arsenal twice,Liverpool and City. We have showed steady improvements and if we play like we have been against Jackburn,Wigan twice etc then we'll grab a few wins.

We've no choice but to see what happens over the next few games.

But from my seat, it wasn't the excellence of City's defence and midfield that stopped our threatening forward play last night. I just don't see where goals are coming from - until Klasnic returns anyway. So Wigan, Rovers, Sunderland and Spam away are looking increasingly difficult. Not to mention Wolves and Wigan at home. Need 9 poinbts min.

Guest bwfcdan

I actually think in defence we have quite a strong line, even without cahill! I thought knight was spot on again last night; played well and marshalled the troops well to get them out etc! Yes midfield is slightly weaker but we have runners, wingers and creative players now, the type we haven't seen since fransen, jensen and johanson (I'm not comparing)!

Up front is where we have serious issues, davies hasn't played well for months and doesn't look interested, elmander can't hit a barn door and klasnic is out!

Oh and I do think it maybe time to finally give Habsi that chance in the Premiership!

I think all of that is absolute tosh... :nea:

I think all of that is absolute tosh... :nea:

Go on then the web space is all yours to counter TMW arguement!

Al Habsi should get a go, Jussi is on his fucking kness too much, Davies was shit again last night (trying to take players on) no or limited skill, too pedestrian

Dont agree on Elmander tmw worked his arse off last night, im sure he wil do a job whilst Ivans out. The one thing i will say about the defence is that Big Zat is looking a lot better over the past 3 weeks and this can only be of a benefi to us

Guest bwfcdan

Go on then the web space is all yours to counter TMW arguement!

Al Habsi should get a go, Jussi is on his fucking kness too much, Davies was shit again last night (trying to take players on) no or limited skill, too pedestrian

Dont agree on Elmander tmw worked his arse off last night, im sure he wil do a job whilst Ivans out. The one thing i will say about the defence is that Big Zat is looking a lot better over the past 3 weeks and this can only be of a benefi to us

You must be mad if you want to drop Jussi. Davies isnt doing as well this season as he has done in the past, but when he's not in the team we miss him. To say we have strong defensive line up without Cahill is madness. Runners and creative midfielders? Only Wilkshire showed creativeness last night, LYC rarely manages to get a good cross in when he's on the wing. Elmander worked hard last night, and sooner or later it will pay off...

CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHAT COHEN ACTUALLY DOES ?

START OF THE SECOND HALF LAST NIGHT I DECIDED TO JUST WATCH HIM - SEE WHERE HE GOES , IN THE FIRST 20 MINUTES OF THE 2ND HALF HE HAD TOUCHED THE BALL TWICE - ONE A HANDBALL AND TWO A KIND OF MISS-HIT SHOT , THEN HE JUST DISAPPEARED OFF THE TELE.

DOES HE GO FOR A WEE ?

DOES HE GET ONE OF THE SUBS TO BRING HIM A PACKED LUNCH TO THE SIDELINES ?

DOES HE PUT MORE STAND UP LACQUER ON HIS HAIR ?

THIS PLAYER DISAPPEARS MORE THAN RICHARD SNEEKES USED TO DO IN A GAME , AND JEEZUS HE WAS WELL DOWN MY FAVOURITE PLAYER LIST .

Jussi isnt a bad keeper and has been a fantastic servent to our club first and foremost.

Off the top of my head there are at least 4 occasions during the past month where goals have gone in when Jussi is on his knees!

Surely you have a better chance of saving shots on your fuckin feet?

Edited by hughesy

Why are people saying Jussi out after last night?

Very unlucky not to save the penalty, 9 out of 10 times that would of been saved, even Tevez knew he got lucky.

No keeper would of saved Adebayor's strike, it was powerful and accurate and close.

What else did he have to do? Tip a Adam Johnson curler around for a corner i think.

Jussi has always had a problem with going on his knees and the ball flying past him, when if he had stood tall he might have saved it.

Their second goal last night was a great hit but if Jussi had stood tall, it was virtually right next to him and he might have kept it out. Not saying he would have but just might have!

Since Al Habsi came to the club, four successive managers have now decided that Jussi is their first choice keeper, that must say something for what they see in training or is Jussi's cock still stuck up Fat Freds big arse?

Guest bwfcdan

Jussi has always had a problem with going on his knees and the ball flying past him, when if he had stood tall he might have saved it.

Their second goal last night was a great hit but if Jussi had stood tall, it was virtually right next to him and he might have kept it out. Not saying he would have but just might have!

Since Al Habsi came to the club, four successive managers have now decided that Jussi is their first choice keeper, that must say something for what they see in training or is Jussi's cock still stuck up Fat Freds big arse?

Or maybe it's because Jussi's a better keeper...

I understand that hence i did not call you an idiot.

The irony is that when Hunt (N) played he got slagged off, now I think people realise that the lack of cover in front of whoever plays right back means they can look poor (steinsson and ricketts aint looked any better).Its like rain on your wedding day...............

True- and last night there was also a lack of cover in front of left back.At different times both our full backs were left facing two City players because our wingers hadn't tracked back.

If people want players like Wilshere & Lee to play for their attacking skills , they'll have to accept it will weaken us defensively.

the fact that he stop city playing though the centre when he was switch there after 10mins, suggests he's not.

all singing wilshere praises, but taylor would have helped robinson and doubled up on johnson. then maybe robinson wouldnt have made the tackle.

wilshere, like weiss, is great going forward but they add no defensive to an already weak defence.

balance people, its all about balance.

and taking chances.

Thats absolute gabbage

Robinson is awful and you shouldn't have to have another player picked to pick up the pieces; he would have given that penalty away no matter who was picked.

As for Taylor he is one of the main reasons we are down at the bottom of the league. Apart from his free kicks he offers nothing apart from losing the ball everytime its in his possession and he never wins anything - his form is alarming and OC has soom recognised that.

I think it will take a couple more games but we looked good at times last night. Goalscoring is a problem and unfortunately I dont believe Elmander is going to do it for us.

• Site Supporter

Thats absolute gabbage

Robinson is awful and you shouldn't have to have another player picked to pick up the pieces; he would have given that penalty away no matter who was picked.

As for Taylor he is one of the main reasons we are down at the bottom of the league. Apart from his free kicks he offers nothing apart from losing the ball everytime its in his possession and he never wins anything - his form is alarming and OC has soom recognised that.

I think it will take a couple more games but we looked good at times last night. Goalscoring is a problem and unfortunately I dont believe Elmander is going to do it for us.

which bit exactly?

have you never heard the term "doubling up"?

so one player is the reason we are were we are?

goalscoring is a problem? the goals scored and goals against say otherwise!

so with 2 players you certainly dont want in the team, losing 2-0, yet we looked good at times?

elmander isnt going to do so we'll play err vaz te maybe?

fuck me, thats gotta one of the worst posts ive read in a long, long time.

for me elmo is the main problem,never in right place when ball drops in box,has no instinct.daivies is similar but brings other attributes to the team.too many times ball went into their box and elmo was nowhere near ipositives zat+wilshere.thought ricketts looked more comfortable at cb than fb.3 points amust at the pie eaters.

which bit exactly?

have you never heard the term "doubling up"?

so one player is the reason we are were we are?

goalscoring is a problem? the goals scored and goals against say otherwise!

so with 2 players you certainly dont want in the team, losing 2-0, yet we looked good at times?

elmander isnt going to do so we'll play err vaz te maybe?

fuck me, thats gotta one of the worst posts ive read in a long, long time.

Goal scoring is a problem if Cahill, Klasnic and Taylor are all out of the team.

I wonder how may goals we have socred in recent agmes that have not involved one of them three scoring or providing the assist ?

I know they are 30% of our outfield players but without them our goals scored would be much lower.

for me elmo is the main problem,never in right place when ball drops in box,has no instinct.daivies is similar but brings other attributes to the team.too many times ball went into their box and elmo was nowhere near ipositives zat+wilshere.thought ricketts looked more comfortable at cb than fb.3 points amust at the pie eaters.

Surely you can turn that round and say 'too many times when Elmander was no where near the box the others tried to play balls into the box.

It's not making the chances that Elmander struggles with it's putting the fucker in the net.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.