Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Where Does Your Username Come From?

Horwich

• Site Supporter

used to play football every night down premier fives, and because of my silk graceful skills (or lack of), the team used to call me swanny, one night one of the rival players had swanny on his back, so became "only1swanny"

Quite a lot of people actually know me as Swanny though..

used to play football every night down premier fives, and because of my silk graceful skills (or lack of), the team used to call me swanny, one night one of the rival players had swanny on his back, so became "only1swanny"

Quite a lot of people actually know me as Swanny though..

Thanks Frank :good:

F.C. Boby Brno (pronounced Bowby Brrno) is a Czech football team (although they are now known only as F.C.Brno) The Boby part was the club sponsor. When I first went to Brno in 1997 I stayed at the Hotel Boby next to the ground and bought my son a replica shirt. When I was registering on here, my son walked past wearing the shirt and the name seemed appropiate.

Super John McGinlay.... :thumbsup:

So, another age old riddle is finally cracked.

Who built the Sphinx and why?

Who was the Mona Lisa and why was she smiling so enigmatically?

Just where did the Holy Grail end up?

King Arthur - truth or fiction?

And the greatest, most tortuously problemmatic of the lot; a question so steeped in obfuscation that its inherent riddle and mystery are wrapped in an enigma so obscure and unverifiable that mere conjecture is the best weapon that even the greatest minds can impotently wield upon its inpenetrable shield: just how did superjohnmcginlay come up with his name :roll:

In my case I wanted to be named after a favourite saturday tv programme - my first choice was BlackBeauty, but I'd have sickened too may....

So, another age old riddle is finally cracked.

Who built the Sphinx and why?

Who was the Mona Lisa and why was she smiling so enigmatically?

Just where did the Holy Grail end up?

King Arthur - truth or fiction?

And the greatest, most tortuously problemmatic of the lot; a question so steeped in obfuscation that its inherent riddle and mystery are wrapped in an enigma so obscure and unverifiable that mere conjecture is the best weapon that even the greatest minds can impotently wield upon its inpenetrable shield: just how did superjohnmcginlay come up with his name :roll:

In my case I wanted to be named after a favourite saturday tv programme - my first choice was BlackBeauty, but I'd have sickened too may....

Couldn't you have gone for Saturday afternoon wrestling, just after me dad had taken us to the pie shop down Halliwell Rd which is now a bookies by the way before he went to the club and got wankered then drove home?

Actually, i can sort of see, it doesn't quite roll off the tonge as well.

This seems like a fun thread :)

I mentioned mine in my introduction thread, Didledee was something me and a friend used to be called at school, even some teachers would start calling us Didle the other Dee, this rarely happened to be honest, but in science this really fit one called Miss Nightingale used to think we we're funny and when she did register it was by our nickname. We used to laugh at women being pregnant in that class, got separated a few times for being a bad influence like, but we never caused our teacher any problems like being bad lads, just there for the crack! unfortunately we never got any :whistle:

That's not really that interesting if im being serious, but it's stuck with me and it's what i use on sites i go and have on my footy stuff, When we had a Mcdonalds sponsored BWFC penalty shoot-out, i won and got a certificate saying Didledee by request.

Didle is shorter and cooler, if i could change my 1st name to this i think i would.

Anyway to sum up, originated at school[smithills] and been with me ever since.

This seems like a fun thread :)

I mentioned mine in my introduction thread, Didledee was something me and a friend used to be called at school, even some teachers would start calling us Didle the other Dee, this rarely happened to be honest, but in science this really fit one called Miss Nightingale used to think we we're funny and when she did register it was by our nickname. We used to laugh at women being pregnant in that class, got separated a few times for being a bad influence like, but we never caused our teacher any problems like being bad lads, just there for the crack! unfortunately we never got any :whistle:

That's not really that interesting if im being serious, but it's stuck with me and it's what i use on sites i go and have on my footy stuff, When we had a Mcdonalds sponsored BWFC penalty shoot-out, i won and got a certificate saying Didledee by request.

Didle is shorter and cooler, if i could change my 1st name to this i think i would.

Anyway to sum up, originated at school[smithills] and been with me ever since.

At what point did you realise there was a "D" missing from the middle of your name?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.