Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Quick question about playoffs

Well Satan, I have to say  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest spudwatter

No- Either scrap play offs all together or continue as they are (drop extra time if the softies are tired)

Should we get rid of penalties and say that if scores are tied after extra time the team who finished highest in the league goes through.

gets my vote

fantastic idea! too intelligent for the FA to take notice though.

although the higher up team would just play for a draw.

Guest Biff

It's about time they decided whether it's a league or a knockout cup competition. What were Sunderland playing for for the last nine months finishing third and then losing out to a team that crept into sixth place. I know it's all about money and maintaining interest in the league at the end of the season but I have never been in favour of play-offs.

Guest Shunky_Mun_Kano
It's about time they decided whether it's a league or a knockout cup competition. What were Sunderland playing for for the last nine months finishing third and then losing out to a team that crept into sixth place. I know it's all about money and maintaining interest in the league at the end of the season but I have never been in favour of play-offs.

Imagine how Notts County would of felt all those years ago in the play-offs if we had beaten them ?

Think we finished 6th, they got 3rd but they were streets ahead of us in terms of quality.

The 20 points seperation gap between us on the final league table showed that!

In Italy, something like 3rd bottom of Seria A plays 3rd top of Seria B.

I kinda like that idea.

Think the play-offs would be fairer if they weighted them better like in Rugby League.

One suggestion doing the rounds is that the 3rd place team goes straight to Cardiff whilst 5th place plays 6th at home (one-off fixture). The winners of this game play 4th (who are at home). The winners of that meet the 3rd place team in Cardiff.

I love 'em as long as we aint in them EVER again. Watched Sundrerland Vs Palace last night and it made me think of the play off's that we have been involved in, and it wasn't a nice feeling. Play off games are home wreckers, and if I was honest I still haven't fully recoverd from watching Barry Knights debut for Ipswich a couple of years ago.

BTW good luck to West ham tonight.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.