Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Quiz Question - Saturday 13Th March

Exactly, I could have relaxed weeks ago, not carried on worrying and fearing the worst. like the pessimist I am.

Just shows what a poor league it has been at the bottom, when 30 points (and a better goal difference would have kept you up)!!

Looking at the final table, anyone up to Birmingham in 9th are fair game for next season, top 8 look above and beyond for me.

Exactly, I could have relaxed weeks ago, not carried on worrying and fearing the worst. like the pessimist I am.

Just shows what a poor league it has been at the bottom, when 30 points (and a better goal difference would have kept you up)!!

Looking at the final table, anyone up to Birmingham in 9th are fair game for next season, top 8 look above and beyond for me.

My choice for relegation next season. Not because we have beaten them twice or how they have played. I just think they are a very average team who are having a decent season, and it's the dreaded 2nd season for them next season.

My choice for relegation next season. Not because we have beaten them twice or how they have played. I just think they are a very average team who are having a decent season, and it's the dreaded 2nd season for them next season.

As it stands, west brom, any of the teams in the playoffs and wigan are my three for next year. May change my mind after ive seen summer transfers

• Site Supporter

brum are a very decent team imo. even with some very average players.

they were shite are the start but play as a true team now, with no star individuals.

all depends what mcleish does in the summer i guess.

• Moderators

thought they were quite good yesterday at knocking it about

def more chance of staying up than a few teams who finished below them

not sure 2nd season counts when it's your 3rd stint in the PL, does it?

as for "dreaded" 2nd season - most teams go down in the first anyway, not sure why people bang on about 2nd seasons, they ain't that bad, can't think of many teams who've gone down 2nd time round

certainly not that many

thought they were quite good yesterday at knocking it about

def more chance of staying up than a few teams who finished below them

not sure 2nd season counts when it's your 3rd stint in the PL, does it?

as for "dreaded" 2nd season - most teams go down in the first anyway, not sure why people bang on about 2nd seasons, they ain't that bad, can't think of many teams who've gone down 2nd time round

certainly not that many

Three off the top of my head : Ipswich 2002, Hull this season, Reading last season.

Play-off winners are always likely relegation bets. West Brom may still not be strong enough. Newcastle have no money apparently. Wigan can't keep coming up with new low-cost players if they sell again this summer. Wolves could be a 2nd season team. West Ham are in a tricky period on & off the field. Fulham may hit a brick wall if Al Fayed sells up and Hodgson moves on.

Hopefully we'll be aiming at mid-table with Brum, Sunderland, Blackburn and Stoke.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.