Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Klasnic

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The age old question is can a team like Bolton afford to cover for someone like klasnic when he's being a 'lazy foreign sort'

I suppose matthew le tissier didnt do too bad for Southampton.

I'd get him signed but that is a decision OC has to make.

does he want a team of Grafters like FSA and Meggers did or is he prepared to have player that contribute very little for 80 minutes but is always a danger for the opposition when he has the ball

Anelka apart,Klasnic is the best natural finisher i've ever seen at this level for BWFC.

Did you never see John Byrom or Neil Whatmore?

He is class though and you can never take that natural ability away to score goals, even if he is perhaps slower than he used to be.

Guest Frandsen08

I like klasnic coz he has a shoot on sight mentality a bit like defoe, something i think we've missed since anelka

Was a great finish yesterday that many in our team would have slashed at, rather than calmly passing the ball in

Genuine question - is he lazy/that type of player or just not that fit??

If you look his upper body shape doesn't really look in line with other top flight footballers in this day and age

Maybe it's something to do with the kidney stuff, but he just doesn't look like an athlete to me

I'd try and keep him, but it does puzzle me

Did you never see John Byrom or Neil Whatmore?

Yeh i did.Not sure Byrom ever really did it at top level for us,Whatmore had a cracking season the year we were relegated from the top flight (79-80?) He got something like 15 or 16 goals - but he played 40 games.

Yeh i did.Not sure Byrom ever really did it at top level for us,Whatmore had a cracking season the year we were relegated from the top flight (79-80?) He got something like 15 or 16 goals - but he played 40 games.

Best off the front man finisher we ever had was Dennis Stevens.

If we sign Klasnic we can not play 442 with Wilshere (if he stays) as one of the 2 central players.

Especially if CYL is playing on the right and a similar (Matt Taylor say) is left.

This leaves muamba and JW in the middle and we will get over run week in week out by most teams.

Maybe 4 5 1 with wilshere as the advanced one of 5, but this leaves 1 upfront and no place for SKD.

I know we won with 442 yesterday but really not convinced would work week in week out.

• Site Supporter

If we sign Klasnic we can not play 442 with Wilshere (if he stays) as one of the 2 central players.

Especially if CYL is playing on the right and a similar (Matt Taylor say) is left.

This leaves muamba and JW in the middle and we will get over run week in week out by most teams.

Maybe 4 5 1 with wilshere as the advanced one of 5, but this leaves 1 upfront and no place for SKD.

I know we won with 442 yesterday but really not convinced would work week in week out.

i would have agreed with this a few weeks back.

but wilshere in the middle has impressed me. hopefully he will continue to improve, as will muamba and they will be a good pairing.

i certainly would be open to throwing a third man in the middle against certain teams though.

right price, then it's a big yes from me.

The fee from Nantes & option to buy him was agreed when we signed him on loan.

The only thing that can stop it happening if Bolton want him, is if he doesn't want to stay, or we don't offer him enough wedge.

Edited by Gonk

• Moderators

The fee from Nantes & option to buy him was agreed when we signed him on loan.

The only thing that can stop it happening if Bolton want him, is if he doesn't want to stay, or we don't offer him enough wedge.

Garty said a deal was in place but we didn't need to sign him until the end of the loan arrangement i.e. now. Over to you Phil.

He's a class act. I don't understand why so many people seem to expect all our forwards to be working hard all over the pitch and if they don't then they are "lazy".

If he was all over the pitch then he wouldn't end up in all the goalscoring positions that he gets in.

He is a striker, he is meant to score, not track back and do all the donkey work, thats what the midfield and defence is for.

Give him the ball in and around the area and more often than not he will finish it, or at least test the keeper.

Get him signed!!

i would have agreed with this a few weeks back.

but wilshere in the middle has impressed me. hopefully he will continue to improve, as will muamba and they will be a good pairing.

i certainly would be open to throwing a third man in the middle against certain teams though.

I think you can do it at home v alot of the teams, id be reluctant to play it away from home though against alot of the division. Alot is dependent on the opposition in my view

• Site Supporter

He's a class act. I don't understand why so many people seem to expect all our forwards to be working hard all over the pitch and if they don't then they are "lazy".

If he was all over the pitch then he wouldn't end up in all the goalscoring positions that he gets in.

He is a striker, he is meant to score, not track back and do all the donkey work, thats what the midfield and defence is for.

Give him the ball in and around the area and more often than not he will finish it, or at least test the keeper.

Get him signed!!

i dont think he is 'lazy', im just not convinced his body is up 90 mins. nor will it ever be.

Edited by HomerJay

Guest Frandsen08

i dont think he is 'lazy', im just not convinced his body is up 90 mins. nor will it ever be.

is it possibly due to his kidney problems? or should that not really have an effect on him?

I'd get him signed but that is a decision OC has to make.

does he want a team of Grafters like FSA and Meggers did or is he prepared to have player that contribute very little for 80 minutes but is always a danger for the opposition when he has the ball

I agree with all of that, Frank. :good:

• Site Supporter

is it possibly due to his kidney problems? or should that not really have an effect on him?

im no doctor, but i dont think that should be relevent.

he just aint a natural athlete.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.