Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Klasnic

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

does he contribute enough in 90 mins? i'd say no.

depends what you want from him

he's got 8 goals and you know when it falls to him in and around the area he's going to get a shot away

i much prefer that and see it as more of a contribution than say Elmander who doesn't score as many goals but runs around a lot more and tackles and what not

Guest Frandsen08

No, he wasn't injured and wasn't on the bench. One thinks his time is up as a BWFC Player. Good riddens I say.

aye thanks for coming, but see ya!

• Site Supporter

depends what you want from him

he's got 8 goals and you know when it falls to him in and around the area he's going to get a shot away

i much prefer that and see it as more of a contribution than say Elmander who doesn't score as many goals but runs around a lot more and tackles and what not

what about if he has a spell of 10 games without a goal?

a team like us cannot afford to carry such a player.

im undecided.

Edited by HomerJay

• Moderators

what about if he has a spell of 10 games without a goal?

a team like us cannot afford to carry such a player.

im undecided.

what if he gets 5 assists in those 10 games?

so long as he's getting shots in when the ball is played to him and creating chances and generally being lively in the box i'm happy

Think I said on another thread ...... keep him if we're not likely to find another natural goalscorer. That ability is like gold dust.

BUT don't sign him as one of only two main strikers. He's not fit enough for that burden. We'd need at least one other pacey striker as well to give us options.

Hopefully if he's signed then a full pre-season here might improve his fitness for the Prem a bit.

• Site Supporter

Think I said on another thread ...... keep him if we're not likely to find another natural goalscorer. That ability is like gold dust.

BUT don't sign him as one of only two main strikers. He's not fit enough for that burden. We'd need at least one other pacey striker as well to give us options.

Hopefully if he's signed then a full pre-season here might improve his fitness for the Prem a bit.

this is true.

plus signing any player is a gamble.

at least we now know what we'll get with klasnic i suppose.

dont remember anyone giving anelka a hard time for being lazy, now he was one idle twat.never saw him tracking back.8 goals in 12 starts didnt realise his ratio was that good .sign him on.

Anyone remember him running the length of the pitch to get back in the FA Cup game against Arsenal in extra time few seasons back? Sure enough he gave a penalty away but still tracked 80 odd yards to try an prevent a goal. I didnt imagine that did i :blink: ?

Guest Frandsen08

dont remember anyone giving anelka a hard time for being lazy, now he was one idle twat.never saw him tracking back.8 goals in 12 starts didnt realise his ratio was that good .sign him on.

i dont agree that anelka was lazy

anelka was a great player for us,but unless the ball landed where he wanted it, he wasnt chasing it.watch chelsea now drogba will chase anything not our nick.

I don't need to watch anything

you on the other hand need a trip to specsavers

anelka was a great player for us,but unless the ball landed where he wanted it, he wasnt chasing it.watch chelsea now drogba will chase anything not our nick.

Either Anelka moved a lot more than you give him credit for or he was very good at standing in the right place and defenders just ignored him.

• Moderators

Anelka moved all the fucking time, working the defence all game, he didn't need to chase 60 yard balls like a clogger. People who can't see how he played the game need to start watching another sport. It shows what a load of plantpots we have.

Movement is a sign of a great attacking based player, you never see Messi standing still do you?

Look at Wilshere, he's always on the move and always in space (I'm not comparing him to Messi).

You don't score goals by standing still and not moving.

• Moderators

Define movement. Do you mean running round like a ted loon? Is that movement?

Anelka used to stand next to a defender - the lazy bastard. But he was "moving", twitching, feigning movement, taking small steps, working the defender. To the hyper-critical he probably was "standing still".

In speaking to Phil Gartsides mate after the City away game, he told me a deal was in place

for ?1.9m that had been agreed by both clubs.

For me, he is an out and out goalscorer and is not afraid to shhot on site (which will create other

goals).

Got to sign him.

How many appearances as Sub?

Years Team Apps? (Gls)?

1998?2001 St. Pauli 95 (26)

2001?2008 Werder Bremen 150 (49)

2008? Nantes 33 (10)

2009?2010 ? Bolton Wanderers (loan) 27 (8 )

The stats prove he's a 1 in 3 striker. For ?2m that is an absoloute snippet for someone of his calibre! COYLE SIGN HIM UP! So what if he's lazy? He's a natural goalscorer and if he scores 12 goals next season 'not tracking back' then who cares?!

Edited by Gaz Nt

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.