Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Chile V Spain

Didledee

As much as I admire Chile's positive formation, football and positivity, I can't help but feel they are letting themselves down with their behaviour.

They are 2-0 down at half time, and down to 10 men, the scoreline is very harsh, a breathtaking goal from Villa and a quality placement from Iniesta has been against the run of play.

I thought the Estrada's 2nd yellow card was harsh for the red card[trip on Torres before the goal] but I think it was justice because he did a dirty foul about 10 minutesd earlier that should have warrented a 2nd yellow card, I also think Ponce should have been straight red carded[not just a yellow] for kicking Torres and then he went in late on Alonso he should have been sent off then.

Countless other fouls from Chile also, their football is attractive and it's great to see a teams mentality on attacking, I believe they could be a fantastic side if they cut out the behaviour, its cost them tonight, they got loads in qualifying also.

Guest Frandsen08

torres through himself to the floor with the slightest touch and then stayed down for as long as possible with minimal contact. CHEAT.

I know Villa had an empty net to aim at, but from 40 yards first time with his left foot, not many players would have the confidence nevermind the skill and accuracy to score.

Looks like it's going to be Spain v Portugal last 16, or should that be Didledee v Garrp :D

That was one of the most boring 90 minutes of my ilfe. I'd rather watch a Megson team. Unfortunately ive had to suffer it 3 times in the last week.

Thats aimed at Spain, not Chile, who have been fantastic.

• Members

Spain v Chile - not impressed by Spain at all.

Brazil v Portugal - pre arranged stroll with Brazil keeping their powder dry (or on the bench/in the stands).

Predicting that Portugal will get rid of over rated Spain and Brazil will despatch Chile with minimum effort.

• Site Supporter

That was one of the most boring 90 minutes of my ilfe. I'd rather watch a Megson team. Unfortunately ive had to suffer it 3 times in the last week.

Thats aimed at Spain, not Chile, who have been fantastic.

agreed.

spain have the ability to pass teams of the park, but most of the time they just play boring, simple 5 yards passes in their own half

the nature of the game did have something to with that though yesteday.

my take on the 2 big games yesterday,

brazil knew they through and didn't try too hard.

Portugal were portugal snidey arsed cheats

Spain were lucky against a decent chile side and helped by the keeper dropping a massive bollock (if green had done that he'd be hang from gallows as we speak)and then Torre's going down like he'd been shot after no more than a slight touch on his ankle at most.

Chile worked hard and put a few good moves together but indiscepline did them no good at all.

If Switzerland would have scored a couple of late goals then Chile would have only had themselves to blame for sitting back and allowing Spain to win the game with ease in the last 20 minutes. They dominated the 1st 30 minutes, Spain couldn't get their passing game going at all, but they Chile lost their cool, apart from the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half, Spain were in control without really playing like they can. Certainly not the worst game of the tournament, was a good game IMO. Apart from the last 20 minutes when Chile were happy to gamble and let Spain keep the ball.

I think Torres needs to get diving lessons.

1277496422531i1sy.gif

Guest Frandsen08

If Switzerland would have scored a couple of late goals then Chile would have only had themselves to blame for sitting back and allowing Spain to win the game with ease in the last 20 minutes. They dominated the 1st 30 minutes, Spain couldn't get their passing game going at all, but they Chile lost their cool, apart from the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half, Spain were in control without really playing like they can. Certainly not the worst game of the tournament, was a good game IMO. Apart from the last 20 minutes when Chile were happy to gamble and let Spain keep the ball.

I think Torres needs to get diving lessons.

1277496422531i1sy.gif

its disgusting. and the commentators didn't suggest anything with it to do with diving or simulation as they like to call it.

its disgusting. and the commentators didn't suggest anything with it to do with diving or simulation as they like to call it.

why the outrage, is it really that important? If the same thing goes for us tomorrow, we'll think it's great. We have one of the worlds great divers in Gerrard, so it's not as if we are angels

Guest Frandsen08

why the outrage, is it really that important? If the same thing goes for us tomorrow, we'll think it's great. We have one of the worlds great divers in Gerrard, so it's not as if we are angels

didnt say we were, but its cheating simple as that.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.