Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

England Players Return Home

Zico

• Moderators

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3034212/World-Cup-2010-Todays-weather-Sunny-outlook-in-many-areas-but-depression-over-heathrow-as-shower-drifts-in-from-south-africa.html

what a set of twats

no not the england players

"the only fans waiting to see the team were furious ones who had spent thousands following the team to South Africa ? and who were at the airport to demand refunds!"

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3034212/World-Cup-2010-Todays-weather-Sunny-outlook-in-many-areas-but-depression-over-heathrow-as-shower-drifts-in-from-south-africa.html

what a set of twats

no not the england players

"the only fans waiting to see the team were furious ones who had spent thousands following the team to South Africa ? and who were at the airport to demand refunds!"

It's bellends like that who give the Jocks Taffs and Paddy's more reasons to hate us.

24 men plus Capello = 25

Average of (say) ?75k a week wages = ?1.875m per week

5 weeks preparation and playing = ?65.6m

SIXTY FIVE MILLION POUNDS FOR THAT SHOWER OF SHIT

I dont care who pays this ?65m, they dont deserve a fucking penny.

25000 England fans / ?65m = ?2625 each.

• Moderators

24 men plus Capello = 25

true, the england players certainly don't deserve it but any fan who thinks they're due a refund either doesn't go watching a football team on a regular basis or more to the point, follows Chelsea on SKY, or didn't do enough between matches to actually consider it a holiday or a decent piss up, which is what it was at the end of the day

24 men plus Capello = 25

I think someone said this on another thread, the highlighted bit is whats wrong with football today

true, the england players certainly don't deserve it but any fan who thinks they're due a refund either doesn't go watching a football team on a regular basis or more to the point, follows Chelsea on SKY, or didn't do enough between matches to actually consider it a holiday or a decent piss up, which is what it was at the end of the day

Spot on, it is a piss up, but the catalist is still that shower of overpaid shit kicking a ball. If they kick it very badly it spoils the occassion.

If you paid ?5k for a cruise but the food was shit, you'd complain wouldnt you? You might not get a refund but you'd get a fucking apology, a round of drinks, and maybe a discount voucher. Not with this bag of wank.

As it goes I'd fuck them off for a refund but for every England fan over there the players have earned themselves ?2500 from the money grabbing football bandwagon they've created with their agents - the equivalent of a return flight and weeks accomodation.

I dont think for one minute those fucking prima donnas realise it and how long folk will have saved or hammered the plastic.

?3-4-5k for a world cup trip is a lot of money for Joe Public, those wankers disgracing the shirt will be wearing more than that on their wrists.

I wouldnt pay them with spuds. Cunts the lot of them.

Are they not just venting their frustration and anger? I'm sure they know they'll not get it back but I suppose it's a way of showing hos annoyed they are. As Smiffs has said, I'm sure how much those fuckers are on makes it grate on the away following when they feel they've not performed. If the FA want to run it as a business then they could end up with more disgruntled fans.

• Moderators

If you paid ?5k for a cruise but the food was shit, you'd complain wouldnt you? You might not get a refund but you'd get a fucking apology, a round of drinks, and maybe a discount voucher. Not with this bag of wank.

of course, but that's presumably as it would be inclusive of the price

i'm not into all these "if that was my job I'd be fired" lines that get wheeled out

I know where you're coming from, but let's face it, footy teams let people down all the time

of all the money spent on a trip to africa on the piss for 3 weeks, how much would've gone to the FA and ultimately into the players pockets?

FWIW, I'd have made the players return on economy class like they did the French, and I certainly would've made them walk past the English public on their way out the airport

My message to all England fans is in future save your money time and effort, this set of players has no scruples and could not care less about the fans, the gap between fans and players has now gone too far I say fook em.

You could have the same quote for all football fans.

If anyone turns up week in week out for the football for VFM they will be disapointted more than they are happy.

Edited by Ani

If anyone turns up week in week out for the football for VFM they will be disapointted more than they are happy.

And to those who complain about the state of modern football yet still go every week and watch it on the telly as much as possible, why do you still do it if you hate it so much?

Broadly speaking you're right which is strangely (or perversly) makes the game appealling.

If you're a Bury fan you know you will get more bad than god but we're talking about footballs equivalent of a Rolls Royce performing like a two stroke lawnmower on a wedding day.

It's like a Bolton fan who went on any of the euro trips asking for a refund.

Watching your own team in Europe has to be one of the best experiences you can have as a football fan ie piss up,meeting new folk off here,hoping your team gets a result and being able to tell your grandkids that you saw BWFC in europe and them shaking there head not believing you when we'll be in League 2 :yahoo:

My message to all England fans is in future save your money time and effort, this set of players has no scruples and could not care less about the fans, the gap between fans and players has now gone too far I say fook em.

I'm with you, Mounts.

If England fans who pay good money to get to Wembley and abroad are unhappy about the current squad's performances, then don't go when the internationals & Euro qualifyings re-start in autumn - especially if nothing much has changed. A few half-full Wembley's will get the message across to the FA blazers brigade.

Football is tribal - at club level. England (as with other countries) is a collection of tribes and therefore a watered down loyalty football-wise. I don't think you can compare the two.

IMO

• Moderators

I think this is a watershed, the country won't be so enthusiastic again, their commercial values is virtually zero, bring the cunts into the real world and we may have a chance at some point in the future. Celebrities they ain't, we need to stop treating them as such.

I think this is a watershed, the country won't be so enthusiastic again, their commercial values is virtually zero, bring the cunts into the real world and we may have a chance at some point in the future. Celebrities they ain't, we need to stop treating them as such.

Question though - was it genuine fans who were enthusiatic (and by genuine I mean people who go to club games, even irregularly) or the berks who come out of the woodwork every 4 years (or 2 if we're in the Euros) and put a flag up, paint their face on matchday and get a prime spot on EastMidlands Today showing their anguish at an England miss? Or maybe enthusiastic is not the word but realistic? I have a feeling most fans who actually go to games and support a club team were indeed realistic; and are also well used to taking the rough with the smooth and so are not crying into their recently purchashed England duvets right now.

There was a sensible debate on R5 last neet about what was needed, and among others Howard Wilkinson was going on about how so many aspects of the blueprint for success they put together 10 or more years ago had not come to fruition. E.g. the national academy malarky - was it Burton? BUT there is a counter view, which is that if this would take a "root and branch" change and cost umpteen millions, is it worth it for what in the end might have been one or two extra games at this years WC? We can never budget to win it. A cruel draw - once every 4 years don't forget - could put us in a groups of death and then a tough last 16 game, which we could maybe lose irrespective of how good we are.

For the me the key is to have a set up which as far as is possible guarantees qualification for the Euros and the WC (both of which we've missed out on a good few times in my lifetime). Beyond that it's a bit of a laugh and a distraction, and if we progress then great. But we can never guarantee it - and after spending 1% of the national debt on a stadium built somewhere it shouldnt have been, and with an unusable pitch, you have to wonder if sorting out 1 or 2 extra games every 4 years is really worth shoving more good money after bad?

• Members

Good points, well made Satan but - your last sentence, in my opinion, contains the fatal flaw. It brings everything back to money/cost which is where the problem lies in the first place as far as I can see.

A World Cup campaign should be above this. No one can tell me that a World Cup win would not have a massive boost on national morale and the knock on effects in general economic terms would be huge anyway.

The f?ckers who represent us should be all guts, heart and determination rather than boats, cars and remuneration (f?ck me, a career at The Sun beckons!).

Lets be honest, most of us would give up our left one to play for England at any sport. Why don't these overpaid tw?ts feel the same way?

Good points, well made Satan but - your last sentence, in my opinion, contains the fatal flaw. It brings everything back to money/cost which is where the problem lies in the first place as far as I can see.

A World Cup campaign should be above this. No one can tell me that a World Cup win would not have a massive boost on national morale and the knock on effects in general economic terms would be huge anyway.

The f?ckers who represent us should be all guts, heart and determination rather than boats, cars and remuneration (f?ck me, a career at The Sun beckons!).

Lets be honest, most of us would give up our left one to play for England at any sport. Why don't these overpaid tw?ts feel the same way?

Oh I agree owd cockers, and we've been put to shame by the spirit that the journeymen of NZ showed, the empahsis on continued attack that Chile sbowed even whem 3-0 down to the Argies, and even the heart and passing inventiveness of the North Koreans against Brazil. But does chucking money at it solve that, that's the question- because the whole "root and branch" scenario is what's been banged on about over here ever since?

And in terms of economics to the nation - well it's already happened, in terms of HD tv sales, general tat, advertising and indeed travel - just by being there. I don't think we can demand any more economic benefit than that which comes through qualification; what we can demand - as you rightly say - is heart, passion and tactical success from the team who are there. We got the former (the economics) but not the latter. We should get the latter by right; but IF it costs - seriously costs - then you have to question whether it should (at high cost), or indeed could, be done - especially if it amounts to a green light to the PL to chop and change numbers of teams or their geographical distribution etc. And rest assured they will do such things to their best interests - under any pretence - given half a chance. And their best interets won't be Bolton's.

Bottom line is - to my mind - get a manager in who can deliver the best from the players at his disposal. And its not obvious that Fabio can do that. I believe we've been hoodwinked - and even if sacked he'll have made millions from it. Millions.

I dont blame the players, they are just fookin thick and over rated, they also cant handle the discipline required of being on tour which many Rugby, Cricket and other sports have to work with. They looked in all the matches like they were playing with a ping pong ball, it just showed up their lack of technique. That said, if the yanks hadn't scored that injury time winner, chances are we would be in the last 8 now with the World Cup commercial departments and press believing we are as good as anyone. :rofl:

Guest Biff

You've all let me down. Unless I've missed it there has been nobody pointing out the fact that Phil Gartside has stated that Capello is the best man for the job of England coach. Where have we heard something similar before?

• Members

You've all let me down. Unless I've missed it there has been nobody pointing out the fact that Phil Gartside has stated that Capello is the best man for the job of England coach. Where have we heard something similar before?

On The Apprentice?

Not sure if this is true - you've probably all had the emails now anyway. Probably total rubbish.

Right, so we all know about the Gerrard rumours. Well this has been sent to me by a friend who works for a sports management firm ? its a variation, and elongation, on what we?ve heard for weeks now.

Courts held a further 2 week gagging order on steve gerrards private life, turns out he got his wifes sister pregnant (not a 16 year old). Will hit the newspaper in 14 days, the judge held the gagging order to protect FA while they decide on capello, and the future of English footy..

John terry and the england boys all know about it and JT had an argument with capello because gerrard got to keep the captains armband. the tension in the camp was down to JT and half the team saying gerrard was a disgrace and the other half of the squad backing gerrard..The press conference was related to the tension and JT wanted Gerrard exposed - they hate each other..

Gerrard has already signed for Real Madrid.

Players in support of Terry were A.Cole, J.Cole, Defoe, Wright-Philips, King and Carragher!!!!!!!!!!!

Players in support of Gerrard were Rooney, James, Upson, Johnson, Lampard, Barry, Crouch and Beckham

Terry allies are mainly Chelsea, ex chelsea players. Carragher is just bitter and twisted that Gerrard is still Mr Liverpool even with all the allegations.

Gerrard supporters mainly the more intelligent members of the team who see Terry as the brainless f**kwit who still think its great to be given ?10,000 in cash for showing people round Chelsea training ground when he earns ?160000 a week. Also they are friends with Bridge.

Lampard can't stand Terry as well. Thinks he's thick as pig sh*t and a nasty piece of work that's only looking out for himself.

Gerrard does like them young. Liverpool have already paid off two 16 year olds in the last 5 years that Gerrard has had affairs with.

On other rumours:-

1) Rooney playing with double hernia apparently

2) Beckham was fitter than Barry and some players and Capello wanted him picked but FA refused cause they wanted him for PR for 2018 bid.

3) Ferdinand already injured before tournament after falling down stairs while pissed up. Tried to hide injury but collapsed during training.

4) J.Terry f**ked a hotel employee and it is on CCTV.

A lot of rumours there Crawley :blink:

The one i heard is that Rooney has been caught with a pro again,and the "newspaper" set to run the story agreed to delay running it till after the players got home - Rooney knew the shit was about to hit the fan,and thats why he was sheite in S.A.

Will wait for the News of the world exclusive this Sunday then :roll:

Interesting you say Lampard was against him, when Terry got everyone together in a huddle at the end of the slovenia match Lampard very obviously walks off and wants nothing to do with it.. Its probably all crap having said that

Rite,in the paper every day,like this morn fat frank kissing a bird,SO FCUKING WHATnea.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.