Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Recent Filums I've Watched

Smiley

• Moderators

Reet, I've had it downloaded for over a year now. Is it actually a decent filum?

... or is it just sick and twisted for the sake of it?

No, it's shit, it's not even that sick and twisted, not in shocking viewing type of way anyway, just a bog standard "kids stranded in the woods and go to the wrong house for help" horror type film

Edited by ZicoKelly

• Site Supporter

I don't get much time or chance to watch films, so look forward to it.

I watched Contagion on Sunday. Has a decent cast - that Bourne fella, that Morpheus out of Matrix, other faces I recognise.

And it's fucking SHIT.

Have that, Wossy.

Edited by Spider

Guest Frandsen08

I watched Goodfellas yesterday, possibly my favourite Scorsese film along with mean streets.

I will forever love the scene with Joe Pesci questioning why Ray Liotta thinks he is a funny guy.

Oh and the improv scene with Martin Scorsese mother. Brilliant.

Watched Donnie Brasco again last week. Wasn't as good as I first remembered, which happens from time-to-time... guess I shouldn't watch some films twice or thrice.

Decided to watched a dodgy cam version of Taken 2 last night. Was actually a good copy for a cam, but the film was utter garbage. Talk about stretching the imagination. Shame as I rated the first one.

Looking forward to The Hobbit. Like ZK, will skip the 3D version, not for me those films.

• Moderators

I watched Goodfellas yesterday, possibly my favourite Scorsese film along with mean streets.

I will forever love the scene with Joe Pesci questioning why Ray Liotta thinks he is a funny guy.

Oh and the improv scene with Martin Scorsese mother. Brilliant.

they funny guy scene is improv as well!

mean streets - didn't do it for me but great stuff from De Niro - some of his scenes are ace

I don't get much time or chance to watch films, so look forward to it.

I watched Contagion on Sunday. Has a decent cast - that Bourne fella, that Morpheus out of Matrix, other faces I recognise.

And it's fucking SHIT.

Have that, Wossy.

I watched that over the weekend too.

It started off okay ... but then I became bored. Very bored. I didn't give a fuck who lived or who died by the end.

Guest Frandsen08

they funny guy scene is improv as well!

mean streets - didn't do it for me but great stuff from De Niro - some of his scenes are ace

thats brilliant, I wonder if ray liotta thought, what the fuck was going on.

De Niro Is ace, watched cape fear a few weeks ago and hes brilliant in that.

• Site Supporter

I watched that over the weekend too.

It started off okay ... but then I became bored. Very bored. I didn't give a fuck who lived or who died by the end.

Spot on

"Oh, look, we've found a cure."

"that's nice"

Of all De Niro's gangster films for me "Once upon a time in America" is the best for me. In fact its in my top 3 of all time films.

You need to watch the Directors cut though. Needs some pretty full on concentration due to the switch backs and forwards in time and it was only when I watched it sober did I really get that a certain character knew what had transpired at the end.

If you do watch it watch out for a very young Jennifer Connelly (Blood Diamond,A beautiful Mind, Hulk & The day the Earth Stood Still) She plays the young ballerina in a fantastic scene who was De Niro's young sweetheart in the film.

Watched Ted and it's so funny, you'll like it if you like Family Guy.

Best bit was in the bar and the guys having a meeting smell a fart and one of 'em says "I'm here on buisness" in a funny ewwww why would you do that way.

Well I thought so.

Edited by Didledee