Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Recent Filums I've Watched

Smiley

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Rocketmon

7/10

Watchable but nothing special. Not a patch on Bohemian Rhapsody 

Do you reckon the rocketman producers knew bohemian rhapsody was coming out when they started? 

Reminds me of the time deep impact and  Armageddon came out within a couple of months of each other

Why go watching another meteor film when I've just seen one?

Same goes for 70s rock bummers

8 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Do you reckon the rocketman producers knew bohemian rhapsody was coming out when they started? 

Reminds me of the time deep impact and  Armageddon came out within a couple of months of each other

Why go watching another meteor film when I've just seen one?

Same goes for 70s rock bummers

You’d have thought they’d have got wind of it pretty early really. Mercury had a bit more of a story really and actually has an ending if that makes sense. This one was a lot more about the songs and choreography, which is probably down to Dexter Fletcher more than anything else, and even then I wouldn’t say it was as good as Sunshine on Leith on that front. 

14 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

You’d have thought they’d have got wind of it pretty early really. Mercury had a bit more of a story really and actually has an ending if that makes sense. This one was a lot more about the songs and choreography, which is probably down to Dexter Fletcher more than anything else, and even then I wouldn’t say it was as good as Sunshine on Leith on that front. 

Never liked him since he played that annoying yank in press gang and got Julia Swalha

On 16/05/2019 at 15:12, Smiley said:

Watched Dawn Wall the other week - 8/10

And then Free Solo this week - 9/10

Gripping stuff. The latter had me sweating like a good un.

Free Solo, utter, utter madness! Incredible climber.

• Moderators
On 24/05/2019 at 07:43, Leyther_Matt said:

Now, sunshine on Leith

That's a real film

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There's a new Chris Morris film due out this year, The Day Shall Come (sounds like a tepid metal band), it has totally passed me by.

Getting some lukewarm reviews, but will still give it a go.

Saw some videos of him introducing a showing of this on YouTube earlier though and it's shattered the illusion I had of him for the last 20 years of being a mysterious, abrasive recluse. He's a showbiz lovie!

• Site Supporter
On 27/05/2019 at 16:21, Kane57 said:

John Wick 3. Probably best of the lot 

Easily. Was knackered by the end of it. Best film I've seen in ages for pure ridiculous entertainment. 

Went to see Godzilla last week. Fucking awful.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, TroySwoosh said:

Brightburn, Evil superman kid, good film, amazed DC allowed it to be made

Watched this last night and loved it.

Brilliant idea and the way they took iconic scenes and fucked them right up was brilliant.

Missus has broke her ankle, so whilst she's in hospital I'm watching all the shit she never fancied since we've been together. 

Watched Snatch, Moneyball and The Dirt yesterday, and enjoyed all thre. 

It was weird seeing now famous folk in early roles in Snatch; Stephen Graham's cockney accent is shocking! 

Edited by Dr Faustus

• Site Supporter

Went to watch 'Yesterday' last night. As a Beatles-obsessive, one particular scene near the end brought a tear to the eye. It was ok I suppose, but would have been better without Ed fucking Sheeran.