Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Recent Filums I've Watched

Smiley

Aquaman. Pretty much power rangers for adults (and 6 year old kids staying up past their bed time). 

Absolute horse shit. Even the 6 year old lad has just said "why are they on a boat when they can swim and breathe under water" 

Spider man into the spiderverse. 

Ket trip without the ket. 

Edited by stevieb

1 hour ago, stevieb said:

Aquaman. Pretty much power rangers for adults (and 6 year old kids staying up past their bed time). 

Absolute horse shit. Even the 6 year old lad has just said "why are they on a boat when they can swim and breathe under water" 

Spider man into the spiderverse. 

Ket trip without the ket. 

Aquaman is brill, if silly.

Spiderverse is tremendous visually and a really good story.

1 minute ago, frank_spencer said:

Aquaman is brill, if silly.

Spiderverse is tremendous visually and a really good story.

Agreed about spiderverse. Watched it yesterday and was mesmerised by it. 

The Mrs watched it at the cinema and said it was unlike anything she's ever seen before. 

Aquaman... Not a fan. Nicole kidman doesn't age a day in 28 years... Sound about right actually! 

On 24/08/2019 at 21:32, stevieb said:

I wish I'd read this stunning review before I watched it. The worst film ever I reckon, considering the immense budget it must have had

• 3 weeks later...

Went to see Joker last night. It was absolutely brilliant and I cannot recommend it highly enough. If you're not a fan of superhero movies then this is still for you - it's more like Fight Club or Taxi Driver. 

An absolute masterpiece

Edited by Kane57

1 minute ago, Kane57 said:

Went to see Joker last night. It was absolutely brilliant and I cannot recommend it highly enough. If you're not a fan of superhero movies then this is still for you - it's more like Fight Club of Taxi Driver. 

An absolute masterpiece

I've heard great reviews across the board (apart from the Guardian which someone pointed out gave it an initial 5 star review and then has spent the following weeks absolutely slamming it!) Sounds like one to watch and I'm not even into all this comic book stuff.

Wanting to catch up with The Irishman soon too.

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, Marc505 said:

I've heard great reviews across the board (apart from the Guardian which someone pointed out gave it an initial 5 star review and then has spent the following weeks absolutely slamming it!) Sounds like one to watch and I'm not even into all this comic book stuff.

Wanting to catch up with The Irishman soon too.

Not like the Guardian to be a set of contrary fuckers just for the sake of it.

• Site Supporter

Just got round to watching Three Billboards Outside Ebbing.

Kept putting it off due to it being described as Comedy/drama.

One of the best films I've ever seen, the comedy is just the odd line, never known a film to bring out so many emotions, highly recommend.

Paddington 2. May get slated but it's very good, very funny.

I can't remember why but I follow Hugh Grant on Twitter. One good thing about Twitter is you get an intuition on folk. Hugh Grant comes across very well. Some folk you'd expect to come across very well such as Jonathan Agnew don't (bit of a precious prick)

Anyway Hugh Grant said Paddington 2 could be the best film he's ever been in so watched it. Great performances from him, Brendan Gleeson and Peter Capaldi. 

5 hours ago, jayjayoghani said:

Paddington 2. May get slated but it's very good, very funny.

I can't remember why but I follow Hugh Grant on Twitter. One good thing about Twitter is you get an intuition on folk. Hugh Grant comes across very well. Some folk you'd expect to come across very well such as Jonathan Agnew don't (bit of a precious prick)

Anyway Hugh Grant said Paddington 2 could be the best film he's ever been in so watched it. Great performances from him, Brendan Gleeson and Peter Capaldi. 

Class films Paddington 1 and 2.