Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Recent Filums I've Watched

Smiley

• Members
Just now, Marc505 said:

I wonder if the way that loose sequel with the female Ghostbusters went down has put them off going slapstick.

Could be a red herring trailer and end up being an absolute romp but doesn't look like it.

Zombieland got it right , gonna watch the second one at some point 

Alright. I'm still well excited for it, but many of the scenes look like modern remakes of the original film. Volleyball, bar singing, a death, even an engine flame out.

F-14 was retired ages ago, that secret spy plane he's flying and some of the "special moves" he's pulling... No!

But the real flight scenes look immense. I'm still feeling the need, but it's much more comic book like than the original trailer made it look.

Edited by Marc505

• Site Supporter
On 16/12/2019 at 15:10, Marc505 said:

Alright. I'm still well excited for it, but many of the scenes look like modern remakes of the original film. Volleyball, bar singing, a death, even an engine flame out.

F-14 was retired ages ago, that secret spy plane he's flying and some of the "special moves" he's pulling... No!

But the real flight scenes look immense. I'm still feeling the need, but it's much more comic book like than the original trailer made it look.

Just watched that trailer. The very first shot over the mountains is of an f-14 I think.

Afterwards, seems to be all f-18s.

Think I need to watch the film proper.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Just watched that trailer. The very first shot over the mountains is of an f-14 I think.

Afterwards, seems to be all f-18s.

Think I need to watch the film proper.

Yeah, sounding like there's an F-14 cameo. Which would be horrendous if it's present day :lol:

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Yeah, sounding like there's an F-14 cameo. Which would be horrendous if it's present day :lol:

It's weird, growing up with things like tomcats and other "sexy" planes, you tend to forget just how bloody old they are, and not realise they may not be in service any longer.

Always disappointed we never did much with the lightning; fantastic seeing one in a museum.

Could do with a fictional film where all manner of fighters twat each other!

4 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Saw the last Star Wars yesterday, really very good after the last one which was a shocker.

Not seen it yet. Saw two review headlines "Triumphant and thrilling ending to star wars skywalker saga" or "The worst star wars movie ever made".

So I'm guessing its going to be marmite again. 

I quite liked last jedi but thought FA was poor.....

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I watched the first which became the fourth or something. After that, nothing had grabbed me sufficiently to spark an interest in any of the others. Does that make me bad?

You’re basically a paedophile

• Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Fucking hell. I expected a kicking for not liking Star Wars but that's taken me aback a tad.

There’s no point mucking about.

Subtlety no longer exists here.

Remainer? Massive cunt.

Brexiter? Massive cunt

Like Star Wars? Nerdy massive cunt

Dont like Star Wars? Contrary massive cunt