Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Recent Filums I've Watched

Smiley

I've started watching The Immortal tonight - thanks for the heads-up Bolty!

Only watched an hour or so just so I can save an hour for tomorrow night. Got to ration, innit.

Anyway, all I'll say is it feels just like a long episode of Gomorrah... and anyone who watched Gomorrah will know that's a good thing.

(I found it on the Cinema HD app where all the links are subtitled.)

• Members
On 01/04/2020 at 06:11, DazBob said:

Only watched an hour or so just so I can save an hour for tomorrow night. Got to ration, innit.

Anyway, all I'll say is it feels just like a long episode of Gomorrah... and anyone who watched Gomorrah will know that's a good thing.

Glad you're enjoying it Daz. I have finished it but will be watching the whole thing again tomorrow!

Fucking loved it!

Cheers for the Cinema HD tip. I'll be getting that app.

Edited by bolty58

• Members

Just watched Ultra's after seeing a 'related movies' link on The Immortal page. Think someone may have mentioned this on here last year?

Not bad, Hard to reconcile with English firms but some truth from what I've seen in the past.

Crazies.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

The gentleman - 9.5/10. Absolutely tremendous and right up my street. 

Was just about to post the same

If you like Lock Stock and Snatch then its well worth it

Gave it 8/10 as there were maybe one too many twists, but, Hugh Grant was excellent

17 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Was just about to post the same

If you like Lock Stock and Snatch then its well worth it

Gave it 8/10 as there were maybe one too many twists, but, Hugh Grant was excellent

I thought personally the twists were bang on, suitably funny as well. I don’t re-watch many films but that one will be getting an airing again for sure

if you haven’t seen invisible man give that a watch very good 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I thought personally the twists were bang on, suitably funny as well. I don’t re-watch many films but that one will be getting an airing again for sure

if you haven’t seen invisible man give that a watch very good 

I watched the first half this afternoon

Then started it again so the mrs could watch it, she found it hilarious

Was just what we needed, after watching little else but the news in weeks

1 minute ago, ZicoKelly said:

I watched the first half this afternoon

Then started it again so the mrs could watch it, she found it hilarious

Was just what we needed, after watching little else but the news in weeks

Yep I’ve been trying to give it a miss last few days and is helped massively. Becoming an obsession for many folk.

bit of humour always helps 

On 31/03/2020 at 23:11, DazBob said:

It's a spin off of Gomorrah isn't it? Look forward to that. Did you watch Fauda on Netflix? Sort of Mossad/Hamas thing  filmed partially in Nablus. Good story although a lot of the characters get blown  up, tortured and/or shot. Struggling to find decent films ATM so these suggestions appreciated.

With the kids being 7, 10 and 13 it’s always hard to find something we all agree on as a family to watch in the evening during lockdown. Last night we had Hotel Transylvania 2 for the little one - which is great still - and then we watched The Perks of Being a Wallflower which the older two loved. Deals with some pretty big stuff but I really enjoyed it - certainly recommend for those with teenagers. Going to try them on the Way Way Back tonight.

However, today is Festival Day - Camp Bestival are doing an online festival so we’ve put a tent up in the living room, gas stove and BBQ outside for today’s cooking, kids are wearing my old band tshirts, set up a donut stand...it’ll probably take about 30 minutes before they’re all bored.

• Members
47 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

With the kids being 7, 10 and 13 it’s always hard to find something we all agree on as a family to watch in the evening during lockdown. Last night we had Hotel Transylvania 2 for the little one - which is great still - and then we watched The Perks of Being a Wallflower which the older two loved. Deals with some pretty big stuff but I really enjoyed it - certainly recommend for those with teenagers. Going to try them on the Way Way Back tonight.

However, today is Festival Day - Camp Bestival are doing an online festival so we’ve put a tent up in the living room, gas stove and BBQ outside for today’s cooking, kids are wearing my old band tshirts, set up a donut stand...it’ll probably take about 30 minutes before they’re all bored.

If you need a guy standing in the corner with a bum bag full of disco biscuits gimme a shout, I know a guy. 

• Members
4 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

Marginally 2nd best 🙂, but Ben Kingsley's " Don Logan " is one of cinema's best ever characters.

I do love a good gangster character

Don Logan

Brick Top

Rory Breaker

Carlito Brigante