Recent Filums I've Watched

Smiley

11 hours ago, Rudy said:

Got some Films added to my list for this weekend

Detroit

First man

Judas and the black messiah 

Biggie : I got a story to tell 

Detroit kinda makes you see where all the BLM fuss tracks back to. Very powerful. 

On 18/03/2021 at 14:01, Duck Egg said:

Ooh classic that.  The scene with the handcuffs 《shiver》

Not sure after that post whether you're kinky or psychotic, :lol:!!!

Can recommend these serial killer related films to you.

1. BTK

2. The Boston Strangler

3. Summer Of Sam

4. Bundy

5. Zodiac

6. in Cold Blood

9 hours ago, jeep said:

I've pencilled in Justice League for Sunday night. May have to have a break after 2 hours.....

On my quick look , its definitely in "Parts" with Title Screens  so you kinda know when to stop. 

i cant believe it uses None of the Joss " 'ally' of women" Whedon's rework (he apparently did 80% reshoots himself) and only 4 minutes of his (Z.S's) own reshoots mostly of un-CaesarRomero-ing Superman's digital pancake moustache makeup. 

like 6-8 hours of footage to get one film out right. 

not to mention the imax Tall-ness of the look is kinda strange. 

not heard this much about a film since the bonkers "The Cremaster Cycle" which is named after some muscle near a mans genitals (not seen , sounds like 'the fantastic voyage' as an opera , for poseurs) was released on bluray (?) for a stupid amount of money.. (summat like $250K )

Barry Lyndon also had a weird "half widescreen / half academy" weirdness to the shape , and, iirc Terminator 2 was filmed with different screen shapes in mind. 

i kinda wanna see barry lyndon again now. 

Edited by e2e4
changed one sentence

• Moderators
17 hours ago, DavidLeesMullet said:

Not sure after that post whether you're kinky or psychotic, ::lol::!!!

Can recommend these serial killer related films to you.

1. BTK

2. The Boston Strangler

3. Summer Of Sam

4. Bundy

5. Zodiac

6. in Cold Blood

Didn't know there was a BTK film 

Had a look 

4/10 on IMDB 

And he looks more like Keith Lard 

Think I'll give it miss 

bI8uEXf.jpg

55 minutes ago, Zico said:

Didn't know there was a BTK film 

Had a look 

4/10 on IMDB 

And he looks more like Keith Lard 

Think I'll give it miss 

bI8uEXf.jpg

Don't be fooled by IMDb scores, I liked a lot of films that have shit scores on there. Always judge a film after watching it I say.

By the way the guy who plays Dennis Rader is none other than Kane Hodder, who for years hid behind the hockey mask of one Jason Vorhees.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, DavidLeesMullet said:

Don't be fooled by IMDb scores, I liked a lot of films that have shit scores on there. Always judge a film after watching it I say.

By the way the guy who plays Dennis Rader is none other than Kane Hodder, who for years hid behind the hockey mask of one Jason Vorhees.

He's my favourite serial killer, if the film doesn't do him justice I'll be very disappointed 

Whilst on IMDB i noticed there was another called BTK Killer, that gets 1.5/10

18 minutes ago, Zico said:

He's my favourite serial killer, if the film doesn't do him justice I'll be very disappointed 

Whilst on IMDB i noticed there was another called BTK Killer, that gets 1.5/10

Favourite serial killer...that doesn't sound weird at all...:::lol:::!!!

One serial killer I'd be interested if they did a film on is Peter Sutcliffe, The Yorkshire Ripper as there's a lot of documentaries about him but that's about it.

Watched one on The Hillside Stranglers a long time ago that was pretty crap to be honest, but there is an American TV film about them that's supposed to be really good that I'm currently trying to track down.

N. B. Just had a look at the bottom 250 list on IMDb and found about 25 films there I really liked, including one of my all time favourites The Room.

Edited by DavidLeesMullet

14 minutes ago, DavidLeesMullet said:

Think Tommy Wiseau is a better actor than Hayden Christiansen in this, ::lol::!!!

I've never actually met another Room fan in the flesh. Hope you were throwing spoons at the screen like I was 

2 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

I've never actually met another Room fan in the flesh. Hope you were throwing spoons at the screen like I was 

Want to get down to the Prince Charles Theatre in London where they have a screening usually with Wiseau and Sestero in attendance.

Have a costume (Rooftop Johnny) and a load of plastic spoons already sorted out.

Tried to get a screening sorted in my home town, but never heard back from Tommy Wiseau's people.

Do you know that Tommy Wiseau lost a recent court case and the making of documentary Room Full Of Spoons should be released soon.

• Members
12 hours ago, Zico said:

Knives Out is good, 8/10  

Murder mystery and all that

Though Daniel Craig is a bit shit at playing a deep south American, can't imagine US audiences found him convincing

Why not just keep his British accent. Sounded like Foghorn Leghorn

10 hours ago, royal white said:

The girl in the Basement, a decent watch based of true events (Josef Fritz)  

A movie I like sort of related to this one is Mockingbirds Don't Sing.

Based on the true story of 'Genie', an 11 year old girl who was left bound to a chair in a basement with minimal social contact in suburban Los Angeles in the early 70s.

She was found by social workers and basically had to be taught how to eat, walk, talk etc.

The film's directed by Harry Bromley Davenport who also directed the near miss video nasty Xtro.

Edited by DavidLeesMullet

• Members
25 minutes ago, green genie said:

Outside the wire on netflix ok to pass couple of hours with teenagers. 

Why the hell is Justice League coming in at 4 hours?

Because nerds love superheroes and don’t leave their mams house 

tv film about some murderer related to the kennedys (not Ted) stars the daughter in Taken. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_in_Greenwich

the policeman that got taped N-Wording during the OJ Simpson Trial solved it. iirc. 

another tv film ive seen about Gary Ridgeway

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Capture_of_the_Green_River_Killer

remember this being long ,but couldnt believe the amount of victims. 

remember watching an ep of "i survived.." on whatever station broadcasts it, without any previous knowledge, about this lady - and due to how the story is told - couldnt stop thinking about when she first wipes her eyes.