Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Recent Filums I've Watched

Smiley

Paris, Texas was on t'other night, for the first time since I relented and joined the ghastly riff-raff with big tellies and bought one mesen.

Excellent - a classic.

It was followed, unrelated, by a film called 'Una', which was bizarre and disconcerting at points.

About a victim of grooming (Rooney Mara) confronting, in adulthood, her abuser (Ben Mendelsohn).

I almost switched off several times. It became obvious early on it was a play adaptation.

It also became obvious early on the; playwright, screenplay writer and director were blokes. I know works are supposed to provoke debate and push buttons but several scenes were appallingly handled.

Mara's (adult) character for example has a shower at one point, showing everything, for no discernible reason and totally unrelated to plot. She's a cracking body which, given the nature of the film, seems a bloody waste, imagine being caught leering over her..?

I reckon', without checking, Mrs Phoenix (she's married to him - Tobias that is) is one of those actresses who have 'necessary to plot' nudity in every film they're in.

I've read she'll be getting her kit off in the upcoming 'Mary Poppins' remake - in which she plays the titular role.

3 hours ago, Rudy said:

It’s just one film, only reason it wasn’t because no cinema Was showing a 4 hour film 

I’d have a hard time not having Django in my top 3 QT films 

Been trying to list my favourite Tarantino films in order of preference but having a tough time, think my list would be...

1. Reservoir Dogs

2. Pulp Fiction

3. Kill Bill Volume 1

4. Jackie Brown

5. Kill Bill Volume 2

6. Django Unchained

7. The Hateful Eight

8. Once Apon A Time In Hollywood

9. Death Proof

Edited by DavidLeesMullet

• Moderators
1 hour ago, DavidLeesMullet said:

Been trying to list my favourite Tarantino films in order of preference but having a tough time, think my list would be...

1. Reservoir Dogs

2. Pulp Fiction

3. Kill Bill Volume 1

4. Jackie Brown

5. Kill Bill Volume 2

6. Django Unchained

7. The Hateful Eight

9. Death Proof

Don't forget inglourious basterds, which would be 4th in my list behind kill Bill, pulp fiction and reservoir dogs 

Edited by Zico

2 hours ago, DavidLeesMullet said:

1. Reservoir Dogs

2. Pulp Fiction

3. Kill Bill Volume 1

4. Jackie Brown

5. Kill Bill Volume 2

6. Django Unchained

7. The Hateful Eight

9. Death Proof

Can't believe I missed Inglorious Basterds, would probably put that 5th on the list

7 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Watched it last night. I thought it was excellent. One of the better ones of this type.

On 04/06/2021 at 21:37, Smiley said:

The Outpost on Amazon. Taliban attack on US military base. True story. Part way through. Ok so far. 

Just finished watching. The position of their base was fucked up. Unbelievable really. 

The guy running around in a PE kit is the sort of guy you want on your side. 

Good watch.

18 hours ago, wanderer1984 said:

Just finished watching. The position of their base was fucked up. Unbelievable really. 

Good watch.

Presuming the lead guy is Clint’s son. Played a good part. 
The position of their base made no sense at all to me. 
It reminded me of Rorke’s Drift and Zulu. 

• Site Supporter
On 06/06/2021 at 02:14, wanderer1984 said:

Good watch.

The one in the total nuddy, straight out of the shower and shooting at the enemy!

Dunno I that was just artistic license, but that should have scared of the towel heads on its own!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter
On 08/06/2021 at 08:29, Blondi said:

Watched The Outpost on Amazon prime, not a bad film, based on true events, it was a bit like the Taliban version of Zulu but not as good of course.

On your recommendation I watched it. What a bag of shite!

It was like watching someone play first-person shooting games on a PC but as a third-person. Cheap and low budget camerawork. 

• 4 weeks later...