Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Recent Filums I've Watched

Smiley

• Moderators

You did well and truly miss the point of that film then, didn't you.

As for the others, I refuse to comment.

Except The Karate Kid, which was about an hour longer than it should have been and was about a kid practising KUNG FU FFS! At least 10 minutes of the film are of Jackie Chan saying take it off, put it on again. Very, very, VERY, shit.

I'd be curious to your take on Inception or what the point was

what with the subject being dreams, so already you've licence to do whatever you want, and the film seemingly making itself up as it went along (because it can), it was all too predictable come the end to suggest it was all in fact, just a dream

well, that was my take on it anyway, and once you take on that thought, it can then be anyone's fucking dream, it could've been hers for all we know

as for the karate kid, same gripe here, but apparently kung fu panda have got the rights to anything kung fu related or something

but i did find it enjoyable enough

aye, she looks fit in donnie darko

watch the secretary if you still have doubts

not because it will help you decide, but because her role will either do it for you, or it won't

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzPFMfPPzs0

I've seen it

Still unsure

Regarding Inception - I thought it was good, but I'd get no more excited about it than that...I think they could have done alot more with it and made it less predictable

• Site Supporter

Is that the Italian remake of Split Second?

I'm not sure, all I know it that it starts at the end and goes backwards to the start. Guy Pearce's character cannot create short-term memories so he has lost of tattoo's on his body in order to help him remember. Its a murder

mystery except you never really know whats happening as its shot in short parts the wrong way round. As with Inception people can interpret the ending in many different ways depending on how you see the film, also its got Carrie Anne Moss in which always adds to a film. :dribble:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0209144/

Edited by Latham8WFC

I'm not sure, all I know it that it starts at the end and goes backwards to the start. Guy Pearce's character cannot create short-term memories so he has lost of tattoo's on his body in order to help him remember. Its a murder

mystery except you never really know whats happening as its shot in short parts the wrong way round.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooosh!

• Site Supporter

Is that the Italian remake of Split Second?

I think its Portuguese

Momento - Noun

momento m.

1. moment (very brief period of time)

So yes a split second... =D>

Thanks Frank I kind of missed that one.....

Edited by Latham8WFC

Watched Crazy Heart other night - its really not that good and way too short.

I know he got an Oscar, but Jeff Bridges just plays a more serious 'The Dude'.

That Maggie Gyellnehall (or however you spell it) is a cracker though.

i saw that at the pictures and enjoyed it, then in the car on the way home it dawned on me that its exactly the same story as The Wrestler! ageing former superstar is downtrodden and broke, no friends or family, long lost offspring somewhere, doing 2bob shows in shit little towns to earn a buck, meets much younger attractive bird, gets off with em, she makes him realise the error of his ways. done.

Jeff Bridges will always be a legend though!

• Moderators

following decent comment above, watched district9

obvious similarities to apartheid so that was something out of the ordinary

quite enjoyed it, but it was so close to being a comedy

not the worst i've watched

tonight, inspired by the recent bbc sherlock, im going to watch guy ritchies effort

tonight, inspired by the recent bbc sherlock, im going to watch guy ritchies effort

They're both very different takes on Holmes as you'd expect, but both enjoyable for me

• Moderators

aye, particulary because the serf efrikan bloke sounded more and more like a scouser as the film went on, particulary when shouting

turns out he's the bloke who plays murdock in the a-team

aye, particulary because the serf efrikan bloke sounded more and more like a scouser as the film went on, particulary when shouting

turns out he's the bloke who plays murdock in the a-team

And the odd thing about it is he actually is South African

I've not seen that Angelina Jolie one yet, but it doesn't get less than 9/10 however bad it is - I could watch her alllllll day long

• Site Supporter

mystery except you never really know whats happening as its shot in short parts the wrong way round. As with Inception people can interpret the ending in many different ways depending on how you see the film, also its got Carrie Anne Moss in which always adds to a film. :dribble:

True story - my missus once got mistaken for Carrie Ann Moss.

Which proves that I am punching well above my weight missus-wise.

• Moderators

over the weekend:

Let The Right One In: like it, slow and dark and subtitled - even though I've not and never will see Twilight, if you watch 1 film about vampires having relationships with real people, this one pisses over that

Sherlock Holmes - perfect for a sunday afternoon with a hangover type film