Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Recent Filums I've Watched

Smiley

Guest Frandsen08

right ive been lookin for a new aciton trilogy to watch which i had never seen, and after some pub discussion it was agreed i should watch the bourne trilogy.

so this week i shall mostly be watching bourne.

• Moderators

right ive been lookin for a new aciton trilogy to watch which i had never seen, and after some pub discussion it was agreed i should watch the bourne trilogy.

so this week i shall mostly be watching bourne.

they're all good though the shaky cam is worst than cloverfield in the last one

and for some reason joan allen does it for me in the 2nd two

• Site Supporter

On my recent ventures on planes I have watched

Oceans - A documentary type with voice over from Pierce Brosnan about the Ocean funnily enough, 7/10

Shrek 4 - Was easy watching 5/10

The Green Zone - Thouroughly enjoyed it 8/10

Just Wright - Wasnt by choice it were the only film on, my god awful 0/10

Dodgeball - Had this as a choice and though it was very good 7/10

Made of Honour - Again no choice it was on whilst we had to refuel 4/10

There were a couple of others but they were so wank Im not including them, on another note saw that penis, Russel Brand filming in New York and the film he was shooting is the remake of Arthur with him as Arthur alongside Helen Mirren.

At Universal Studios they confirmed there doing Jurassic Park 4, there is a film called Devil which looks ok, screenplay done by the Shalayman guy of Sixth Sernse fame, also if your in to plays they are making a film version of the musical Wicked. The Expendables got panned over there.

• Site Supporter

Just watched Harry Brown absolutely blinding film. 8/10. Michael Caine is fantastic and Plan B

plays a horrible little cnut, abit like Gran Torino if anyone has seen that just British rather than American.

Thats how someone described it to me, but I was let down, not a patch on Gran Torino.

Michael Caine is quite good in it though.

I thought Harry Brown was utter bollocks, How is Caine any good in it, hes the same bloke hes played in 100 other movies, just this time he's a mega hard vigilante fighting for good against evil (the Hoodies! Woooaaahhh!!!). hes not bad, but certainly nothing special. the film itself tho is just shallow, contrived, predictable, & boring. Its also completely unrealistic. The dark damp flats trying to add the bleakness, an old geezer pulling a bayonet on a bunch of yobbos, the two smacked up dealers who live in a shed full of cash, guns & drugs without being turned over every five minutes, why would these two lads with so much cash live in such squalor? They wouldn?t, smack heads or not, just another lazy clich?.

Gran Torino is on another planet from that shite.

I thought Harry Brown was utter bollocks, How is Caine any good in it, hes the same bloke hes played in 100 other movies, just this time he's a mega hard vigilante fighting for good against evil (the Hoodies! Woooaaahhh!!!). hes not bad, but certainly nothing special. the film itself tho is just shallow, contrived, predictable, & boring. Its also completely unrealistic. The dark damp flats trying to add the bleakness, an old geezer pulling a bayonet on a bunch of yobbos, the two smacked up dealers who live in a shed full of cash, guns & drugs without being turned over every five minutes, why would these two lads with so much cash live in such squalor? They wouldn?t, smack heads or not, just another lazy clich?.

Gran Torino is on another planet from that shite.

I didn't realise it was a documentary?

didnt realise it was Lord of the Rings!

Dunno where that rant came from actually. wtf do i know anyway!? just didnt enjoy the frigger.

Haha, yeah I know what you mean. People just have different opinions that make them react to a film. I didn't have high expectations of Harry Brown and in retrospect, the story does seem a little straightforward but I didn't think it was that bad. I had huge expectations for Shutter Island and felt the film was a bit of a let down but I guess most people really rate it.

Guest Frandsen08

Just watched gran Torino.

Cracking

8/10 from me.

yeah its tip top i didnt think it was going to be as good as it was.

Marmaduke = :good:

dd-marmaduke04_p_0501763232.jpg

are u serious?

Guest Frandsen08

Yes, why wouldn't I be. Owen Wilson is a great actor, even though he's a dog in this one, like role reversal from Marley and Me.

yeah its the kind of film you'd take your kids to see but i dont think you have any sprogs.

i cant believe we are the same age.

and kevin spacey is a great actor, owen 'cock nose' wilson is not.