Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Recent Filums I've Watched

Smiley

Disturbia is meant to be a modern take on Rear Window, its not a fookin patch on it. its ok though, and that bird in it is tremendous!

Four Lions is class, saw it when it was at the flicks and will be picking up the dvd this week - a definite 'must own'

• Moderators

what did you think of it?

amusing

didn't have high hopes, wasn't great but more watchable than i thought, decent mindless afternoon viewing, plus there were some tits

today's choice is wolverine, x men origins and cinema paradiso

don't think you could get more different than that

amusing

didn't have high hopes, wasn't great but more watchable than i thought, decent mindless afternoon viewing, plus there were some tits

Mindless? ffs.

Possibly the worst criticism you can put to anything by Chris Morris!

Just watched Orphan on DVD, it was great. Anyone seen it? was out last year. Some sick stuff throughout, I'll tell one part in a spoiler.

The 'orphan' picks flowers for her new 'mummy', but the flowers are from the mums dead child who died inside her before they adopted this new child, the 'orphan' picked them from the childs grave on purpose, she was very manipulative, well the woman was obviously upset, because at this time she knew this 'orphan' wasn't who she says she was.

Anyway she grabbed the girl gently by the arm to get the flowers and then started crying on the floor. Her husband thought there was nothing wrong with the child and thought his wife had the problem, the 'orphan' then waited till night, and went into the garage and got a screwdriver and some cloth, stuck it in her mouth, then went over to a clamp, put her arm in the clamp and started twisting and twisting until her arm snapped, she then went to her bed and started shouting for her 'daddy' and obviously it looked like the woman had broke the 'orphans' arm and it all carried on from there

Edited by DidledeeBwfc

amusing

the comic geek in me hated that film, the lover of mindless action flicks in me loved it.

• Moderators

the comic geek in me hated that film, the lover of mindless action flicks in me loved it.

I enjoyed it, like I did with X Men, not into comic books but both films were proper good action flicks

watched the doors too, not a bad life jim had, although quite short lived

I enjoyed it, like I did with X Men, not into comic books but both films were proper good action flicks

In short they got the whole deadpool character wrong.

But they're doing a Deadpool film so they might set it right if the scene at the end of the credits is owt to go by.

I loved the X-men films and apart from Vinny Jones 'acting' as Juggernaut they managed to keep most comic geeks happy too.

Just watched Orphan on DVD, it was great. Anyone seen it? was out last year. Some sick stuff throughout, I'll tell one part in a spoiler.

The 'orphan' picks flowers for her new 'mummy', but the flowers are from the mums dead child who died inside her before they adopted this new child, the 'orphan' picked them from the childs grave on purpose, she was very manipulative, well the woman was obviously upset, because at this time she knew this 'orphan' wasn't who she says she was.

Anyway she grabbed the girl gently by the arm to get the flowers and then started crying on the floor. Her husband thought there was nothing wrong with the child and thought his wife had the problem, the 'orphan' then waited till night, and went into the garage and got a screwdriver and some cloth, stuck it in her mouth, then went over to a clamp, put her arm in the clamp and started twisting and twisting until her arm snapped, she then went to her bed and started shouting for her 'daddy' and obviously it looked like the woman had broke the 'orphans' arm and it all carried on from there

Is that a remake or the Spanish film 'El Orfenato'? Which incidentally is one of the best pieces of foreign cinema in recent years. Excellent horror film as well.

I've decided to read your text and realise that your on about the American film with the midget woman? Was alright that, nothing brilliant though.

I watched Mesrine parts 1 & 2 this weekend and wouldn't recommend it - Vincent Cassel was decent enough but the film was pretty underwhelming for me.

Completely disagree, especially with regards to L'Instinct Du Mort. Excellent film.

Watched 'In Bruges' last neet, quality 9 out of 10.

3 main characters all brilliant, very funny dialogue between them.

One of my favourites, very dark comedy.

"Ken, I grew up in Dublin. I love Dublin. If I grew up on a farm, and was retarded, Bruges might impress me but I didn't, so it doesn't. "

"This is exactly my point! People going around calling you a midget when you want to be called a dwarf. Of course you're going to blow your head off. "

"Plenty of alcoves in Bruges."

I have downloaded Rosemary's Baby, its an old one from 1968, supposed to be good, will be watching it tonight,

attempted to watch Dominion, the exorcist Prequel last night, I fell asleep after 30 mins, it was like a crap version of raiders of the lost ark from what i remember

• Site Supporter

One of my favourites, very dark comedy.

"Ken, I grew up in Dublin. I love Dublin. If I grew up on a farm, and was retarded, Bruges might impress me but I didn't, so it doesn't. "

"This is exactly my point! People going around calling you a midget when you want to be called a dwarf. Of course you're going to blow your head off. "

"Plenty of alcoves in Bruges."

"I'm out of here. Two manky prostitutes and a racist dwarf" rofl.gif