Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recent Filums I've Watched


Recommended Posts

Just finished watching Rise Of The Footsoldier, which is loosely based on the Rettenden Range Rover murders in early December 1995. 

Overall not a bad film and although it has a better cast (Sean Bean, Tom Wilkinson etc), a lot better than Essex Boys or its sequels.

Next I think a bit of classic 70s cannibalsploitation with Joe D'Amato (Of Anthropophagus, Absurd and Porno Holocaust infamy) and his 1977 classic Emmanuelle And The Last Cannibal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All Star Wars is shit.

That's why half of this forum want to fuck you,.

yeah its the kind of film you'd take your kids to see but i dont think you have any sprogs. i cant believe we are the same age.   and kevin spacey is a great actor, owen 'cock nose' wilson is not.

Train to Busan - Never had a zombie film leave me with a lump in my throat before.

Reet good. Not quite as good as Snowpiercer though (the original one not the remake which will undoubtedly be shit)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Train to Busan is excellent.

Over the last fortnight I've been ploughing through the Star Wars movies on Disney+

New Hope - 8/10

Empire - 10/10

Jedi 7/10

Phantom Menace 6/10

Clones 7/10

Revenge 9/10

Solo 8/10

Rogue One 9/10

Force Awakens 7/10

Last Jedi 9/10

Rise of Skywalker 7/10

Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to watch Aliens on sky on demand the film know comes with a warning that it might offend people due to outdated  cultural stereotypes ?

Fucking Aliens must of seen the film 20 time’s can’t think of anything in it unless its stereotyping all Aliens as killers 

Edited by Farnywhite
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Went to watch Aliens on sky on demand the film know comes with a warning that it might offend people due to outdated  cultural stereotypes ?

Fucking Aliens must of seen the film 20 time’s can’t think of anything in it unless its stereotyping all Aliens as killers 

Careful now

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter

Fancied The Lighthouse for ages

Got round to it last night

Half the time i couldn't understand what they were saying, the other half had no idea what was going on

I like weird but this was proper arthouse wank

2/10

Then Mid90s tonight, coming of age type thing, written and directed by Jonah Hill

Much better 

8/10

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

Lighthouse is superb. Arty yes, but properly engaging nonetheless. Willem Defoe is an absolute master.

See that's now two films I've watched him in where I've turned off half way through

The other being Antichrist

Subtitles might've been helpful

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Lars von Trier is hardly known for his films being accessible. Antichrist is a strange one.

I've watched a ton of Hammer films this past week, The Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires being especially shit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
32 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

Well Lars von Trier is hardly known for his films being accessible. Antichrist is a strange one.

I've watched a ton of Hammer films this past week, The Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires being especially shit.

I reckon lighthouse is one of those films where on another night I'd have loved it

Antichrist though

No

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
9 hours ago, Casino said:

Did you find lighthouse legally or elsewhere

Ive found it on the latter but not thd former

IPTV

though it's on Google Play and Amazon too if you like paying for things

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter

I fucked up the other night. We’d been watching War Horse on BBC1 but I hadn’t known wife had paused the start and we were watching about 15 minutes behind. That was ok until I accidentally pressed the wrong button on the SkyQ remote and brought us to “real time”. 
 

The film hasn’t appeared on iPlayer or any other catch-up service. 
 

It seems I’m a clumsy fucker for the rest of my life. 😂😂😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Turns out the matrix trilogy films were being about being transgender according to the director but we weren’t ready for it back then . I thought it was about we were all living in a fucking computer program or something there making it up as there going along   😀

Edited by Farnywhite
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Turns out the matrix trilogy films were being about being transgender according to the director but we weren’t ready for it back then . I thought it was about we were all living in a fucking computer program or something there making it up as there going along   😀

I saw that earlier. What an absolute load of bollocks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/07/2020 at 23:18, DavidLeesMullet said:

Just finished watching Rise Of The Footsoldier, which is loosely based on the Rettenden Range Rover murders in early December 1995. 

Overall not a bad film and although it has a better cast (Sean Bean, Tom Wilkinson etc), a lot better than Essex Boys or its sequels.

Next I think a bit of classic 70s cannibalsploitation with Joe D'Amato (Of Anthropophagus, Absurd and Porno Holocaust infamy) and his 1977 classic Emmanuelle And The Last Cannibal. 

I love Rise Of The Footsoldier.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter

Just found out theres a new Bill & Ted film due out soon

Trailer looks ok but something tells me that I shouldn't get too excited about this as I'm not 14 anymore

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rudy said:

I love Rise Of The Footsoldier.

Didn't reckon much to the second one though, third one was an improvement on the second, yet to see the fourth, though its looking to me like it's becoming a Halloween/Hellraiser/Friday The 13th cash in job

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DavidLeesMullet said:

Didn't reckon much to the second one though, third one was an improvement on the second, yet to see the fourth, though its looking to me like it's becoming a Halloween/Hellraiser/Friday The 13th cash in job

Didn’t even know out had a sequel, really didn’t strike me as needing one 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.