Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Birmingham Attendance

Some are proper fans who actually go to games, some can't be arsed to go and are not proper fans.

I'm not talking about people who genuinely can't afford to go or those who had to work etc, just those who can't be bothered, there's always an excuse. Also, if you can't go 2 hours without a cigarette then you're a bit pathetic

Edited by bwfcol

I don't want to have a go at the club, but I'm a student at Lancaster University, there is a direct train from Lancaster to Middlebrook, but the club just prices us out of tickets. Theres a few of us that try to go whenever we can afford it, but the club does nothing to help us.

I know people get annoyed at students complaining we can't afford anything, but other clubs such as Wigan offer deals on tickets and travel through our university travel organisation which work out at reasonable affordable prices for students.

I don't want to have a go at the club, but I'm a student at Lancaster University, there is a direct train from Lancaster to Middlebrook, but the club just prices us out of tickets. Theres a few of us that try to go whenever we can afford it, but the club does nothing to help us.

I know people get annoyed at students complaining we can't afford anything, but other clubs such as Wigan offer deals on tickets and travel through our university travel organisation which work out at reasonable affordable prices for students.

should've gone to bolton uni then shouldn't you.

FFS people will moan about anything.

should the club subsidise bolty's flights over as he can't afford to get to a game?

you already get cheap tickets as a student what more do you want?

I too went to Lancaster and used the Lancaster Supporters Association coach, cheaper than trains and goes to every home game

but that's less money in the clubs coffers.

According to Fat Phil St sales are up this season.

the problem isn't ST holders but getting the day trippers and part timers out for more games.

the club did ?55 for all 3 of, the brum, DMB and Stoke games cheap as chips.

perhaps if all areas of the ground were as cheap as the NSL then we might sell more ST's but i can't see it being many more.

Problem is where was that advertised? I drive past the ground nearly every day and there was nothing saying that, I come on here and didn't see it and the official site is shit so hows the part timer supposed to find out about these offers? I agree great offer but it should have been plastered everywhere.

Problem is where was that advertised? I drive past the ground nearly every day and there was nothing saying that, I come on here and didn't see it and the official site is shit so hows the part timer supposed to find out about these offers? I agree great offer but it should have been plastered everywhere.

It was in the programme, on the website, in the BEN, on the posters around the stadium in their official email

Have they to pay a skywriter or string a giant banner between the floodlights?

It was in the programme, on the website, in the BEN, on the posters around the stadium in their official email

Have they to pay a skywriter or string a giant banner between the floodlights?

Don't buy a program there a rip off, Bolton news is a waste of time sick of reading about another school being broke in to or that another mums upset that the neighbours wont let her kids play kirby in the street, official website? Don't really need to explain why not many use that do I?

Guest Frandsen08

Don't buy a program there a rip off, Bolton news is a waste of time sick of reading about another school being broke in to or that another mums upset that the neighbours wont let her kids play kirby in the street, official website? Don't really need to explain why not many use that do I?

how else do you want it advertised?

Sky need to make 100% sure that no pub has the feeds from dodgy satellite, I am as guilty as anyone of watching these feeds when we are away from home, however I would go to more away games if I could not just roll up at a pub at 2.55 and watch the game. Live feeds are definitely killing the atmosphere.

As a few will know on here I don't go much at all nowadays...

a number of factors meant I have now better things to do with my life than watch BWFC...

However I put myself through the torment of watching the game on TV Sunday...

I was expecting something a bit different from a Coyle team undefeated...but in all honesty it was shocking, slow poor football, with to many passengers in that team...there didn't appear to be a atmosphere from the Bolton fans till the second went in...apart from the banging of the drum...

So on that basis I won't be rushing back...and i bet there were a few thousand scatterd around Bolton who were thinking the same....

they could make it ?50 a ST, wouldn't make a difference...

I agree the atmosphere was average except the fans did keep with the team even at 0-2 down, however to complain about atmosphere when you cannot be bothered to turn out is a bit rich, if the 3-4 thousand stayaways return that might help generate an atmosphere, sadly most will not return unless there is another round of European away days.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Has anyone ever watched the wanderers in a boozer that's full of other Bolton fans watching the game? I'd like to know which pubs they are, because everytime I have seen us in a pub I've been on me fucking tod or with just my brother or dad and thus keep our mouths shut. Hate going to my local when DMBs are on because it's rammed with the twats. Be good to find a Bwfc equivalent! It's very rare I'll watch us in a boozer anyway, and when I have I've hated it. Same with streams, tried that once or twice but it's just wank. If I can't get to the match live then it's radio commentary or nowt. Don't mind watching us live on sky at home tho.

Tbh I still get a buzz off attending matches, even at home and I think the STs are good value, but I have capped what I'll spend on an away ticket at ?25.

how else do you want it advertised?

Radio, Tv as Wigan did for this season, That big sign outside the Reebok that they update with what the next home game is, sending mail drops to fans that haven't renewed there season tickets or who have bought tickets in the past...etc the options are pretty endless. I just feel that advertising in the program and on the official site isn't going to target the every now and then fan its only really showing those who go to the game anyway that the club are doing offers.

Sky need to make 100% sure that no pub has the feeds from dodgy satellite, I am as guilty as anyone of watching these feeds when we are away from home, however I would go to more away games if I could not just roll up at a pub at 2.55 and watch the game. Live feeds are definitely killing the atmosphere.

I was taking to the landlord in my local about this as they have foreign satellite and apparently sky are struggling to do much about it because with one of the foreign boxes (Not Eurovox which is dodgy) you pay a subscription which is a fraction of the cost of sky and this is the legal loophole to allow a pub to show the game. Apparently sky are trying to go through the courts at the moment to stop these channels being broadcast in licensed bars but as a subscription is being paid for the channels its proving difficult. This is just what I have been told and it may be off the mark

Radio, Tv as Wigan did for this season, That big sign outside the Reebok that they update with what the next home game is, sending mail drops to fans that haven't renewed there season tickets or who have bought tickets in the past...etc the options are pretty endless. I just feel that advertising in the program and on the official site isn't going to target the every now and then fan its only really showing those who go to the game anyway that the club are doing offers.

How much would that cost the club and it was hardly a success for wiggin was it?

I'll agree on the big sign thing.

rather than the cost of a mail shot they sent an email to everyone on their mailing list instead.

How much would that cost the club and it was hardly a success for wiggin was it?

I'll agree on the big sign thing.

rather than the cost of a mail shot they sent an email to everyone on their mailing list instead.

The problem Wiggin have had this season is that Wiggin Warriors have got the head out there arses for the first time in years and done something in the super league and Wiggin has always been and will always be a rugby town. When the warriors are doing well none of the locals give a shit about the football.

A paper leaflet will always be more effective than an email and its not that much to have printed in the grand scheme of things and have it delivered with the local journal.

Just a quick search on uncle google and the first site offers 100,000 A4 printed leaflets for ?1,400 so a drop in the ocean.

Edited by eaststandlower

The problem Wiggin have had this season is that Wiggin Warriors have got the head out there arses for the first time in years and done something in the super league and Wiggin has always been and will always be a rugby town. When the warriors are doing well none of the locals give a shit about the football.

A paper leaflet will always be more effective than an email and its not that much to have printed in the grand scheme of things and have it delivered with the local journal.

Just a quick search on uncle google and the first site offers 100,000 A4 printed leaflets for ?1,400 so a drop in the ocean.

Do you read the leaflets that come with the free paper? I know i don't.

there's flaws with every form of advertising and short of doing them all at once i don't think there's muc rthe club could do.

To try and put prices into a bit of perspective.

Seat for me in north stand lower cost ?20.

A mate of mine goes watching York City. Went to Grimsby the other week and it was ?18.

When premiership prices (albeit in one stand) are less than the price of a pint more expensive than non-league football, can the club do much more?

• Moderators

Everyone concerned about Bwfc would love to see a packed stadium but there is little evidence to suggest ?200 season tickets would create a sell out crowd I think we would sell more season tickets but fans would still pick the 8 best games and watch the others at home on there lap top or down the boozer, Sky have created this monster and they should be more pro-active in trying to sell out stadia, one idea would be to make all away tickets ?20 maximum and for certain non sell out games ?10 for away fans, this would guarantee a big away following and would fill the nasty looking gaps that are appearing at many grounds especially for live games at silly oclock kick off times.

it really is not in SKY's interest for people to actually go to the match, they want people watching it on TV

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.