Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

City Breaks

Looking at a trip to Cork in October now. Apart from the Blarney Stone - what else is there to see & do?

There's a brewery

http://www.corktourist.com/details/brewery_tour.shtml

And there's a brew pub, I'll try to remember the name........ The Franciscan Well, which is pretty good. It has a picture of Biff on the board at the front.

I've stayed in Cork at the Kingsley hotel, with work, and had a holiday in Clonakilty. There's a memorial to Charlie Hurley just off the road between Cork and Clonakilty and I was most disappointed to find out it wasn't a memorial to the former Wanderers & Sunderland player.

Looking at a trip to Cork in October now. Apart from the Blarney Stone - what else is there to see & do?

Smiley looking for the craic, there's a surprise.

Been a few times, when the route first opened you could get a return from Manchester with BMI Baby for ?30 all in. Not a lot to do other than the drinking around Oliver Plunkett St. It's worth getting the train to Cobh for a mooch.

Smiley looking for the craic, there's a surprise.

Been a few times, when the route first opened you could get a return from Manchester with BMI Baby for ?30 all in. Not a lot to do other than the drinking around Oliver Plunkett St. It's worth getting the train to Cobh for a mooch.

Met a bloke from Cobh whilst in Croatia earlier this year. Couldn't understand a single word he said.

Gonna be taking the kids - found flights for ?10 return. Probably look to hire a car & book a Travelodge.

• Site Supporter

Just looking for a hotel now, anyone know best area in Paris to stay? Safest!

We stayed at the Hotel La Bourdonnais very close to Eiffel Tower, to get about to Notre Damn and Champs Elysee we used the old hop on hop off buses, you can walk from here to the Arc de Triumph and Champs Eylesee too.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187147-d233462-Reviews-Hotel_La_Bourdonnais-Paris_Ile_de_France.html

Edited by superjohnmcginlay

Guest Frandsen08

i'd reccomend the 2 day boat hop on hop off tour it aint too expensive and it takes u to a stones throw away from all the sites, u can get tickets down byt the river next near the eiffel tower

• Site Supporter

Met a bloke from Cobh whilst in Croatia earlier this year. Couldn't understand a single word he said.

Gonna be taking the kids - found flights for ?10 return. Probably look to hire a car & book a Travelodge.

I've been a few times with the kids, but stay at relatives so cant really recommend anywhere to stay or anything, but there's loads to do around the place.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g186600-Activities-Cork_County_Cork.html

Fota is good in the summer, you'll need to check out if it's open when you go, but if the kids are any way interested in animals and stuff it' very good.

I've been a few times with the kids, but stay at relatives so cant really recommend anywhere to stay or anything, but there's loads to do around the place.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g186600-Activities-Cork_County_Cork.html

Fota is good in the summer, you'll need to check out if it's open when you go, but if the kids are any way interested in animals and stuff it' very good.

Cheers pal. Fookin' Cork flights had gone up to full price, so now flying return to Dublin from Liverpool. Means an extra night in Dublin - but still heading down to Cork & Waterford for 3 nights. Less than 24hrs after getting back from Helsinki..... fookin' manic!

Just looking for a hotel now, anyone know best area in Paris to stay? Safest!

Recently went to Paris with the missus. Stayed in a place called the Hotel Secret De Paris. A bit expensive but a decent hotel, there are good reviews on trip advisor. Booked via expedia. If you do go there the musee d'orsay room is good.

It is near the Moulin Rouge and close to a couple of metro stations. Not the most celubrious of areas but seemed OK. The metro is excellent for getting around.

If you go try a restaurant called La Relais de Venise (There is a website). No menu, just does steak with sauce and french fries. When we went we had to queue for 20 mins (no reservations) but it was worth it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.