Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

You Know Youre Getting Old When...

HomerJay

• Site Supporter

...you get into the car, turn off radio one, turn on smooth fm and start singing along to Dionne Warwick, Heartbreaker and know all the words for some crazy reason.

And then have a discussion with yourself about whether its pronounced war-wick or worrick.

I'm not even 32 yet ffs!

...you get into the car, turn off radio one, turn on smooth fm and start singing along to Dionne Warwick, Heartbreaker and know all the words for some crazy reason.

And then have a discussion with yourself about whether its pronounced war-wick or worrick.

I'm not even 32 yet ffs!

I was thinking similair thoughts this morning oddly enough.

I hate Moyles so radio 1 is out

XFM has gone to the dogs

Talkshite keeps me entertained but they wind me up

Radio 2 or 4 it is for this 32yr old

• Site Supporter

that'd be 56 so there's plenty of them knocking about still.

oh and Homo it's war-wick, she was on the telly a few yr ago getting very upset when the presenter called her dione warrick

thanks, i'll remember that next time she's round for afternoon tea.

• Site Supporter

do you pick all the songs on radio 4?

Apart from Dessert Island Discs, there are no songs on Radio 4. And the point of Dessert Island Discs is to hear the story behind each track the person picks, which is a lot different to listening to some gobby fuckwit playing the latest chart shit.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter

Apart from Dessert Island Discs, there are no songs on Radio 4. And the point of Dessert Island Discs is to hear the story behind each track the person picks, which is a lot different to listening to some gobby fuckwit playing the latest chart shit.

ah gotya.

im obviously not THAT old then. never ever tuned into R4 :D

• Site Supporter

I used to listen to radio 7 alot for the comedy like Steptoe and Hancocks Half Hour and alike, they also had some belting dramas to.

back to the thread though ive noticed im over 30 more because I get worse hangovers and its harder to shake em off

Edited by superjohnmcginlay

I'm not even 32 yet ffs!

im 23 and ive been doing it for the past 5 years.

Smooth FM is my Radio station of choice now

you know when your getting old when

You save small pieces of wood and keep them in a small pile in the garage, knowing that one day they will be used to stir paint with

It takes 3 days to get over a hangover

You look forward to a takeaway and X Factor on a saturday night

You Hoover your garage

You go to sports direct to get a cheap pair of hiking boots to walk the dog in.

You give up going to the barbers and buy a set of clippers

Rather than bang the mrs you get up extra early so you can knock one out in the shower!

29 going on 79

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.