Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Davies In England Squad

Zico

• Site Supporter
Ben Foster (Birmingham City), Robert Green (West Ham United), Joe Hart (Manchester City)

Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United), Joleon Lescott (Manchester City), John Terry (Chelsea), Stephen Warnock (Aston Villa)

Gareth Barry (Manchester City), Joe Cole (Liverpool), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Tom Huddlestone (Tottenham Hotspur), Adam Johnson (Manchester City), Aaron Lennon (Tottenham Hotspur), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Manchester City), Ashley Young (Aston Villa)

Darren Bent (Sunderland), Peter Crouch (Tottenham Hotspur), Kevin Davies (Bolton Wanderers), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United)

superb for skd!

still a nonsense though.

About six years too late and he won't play but it shows things are on the up. Wonder how much Coyle has had to do with this, he's not shut up about SKD since he got here. Here's to training ground injuries for Bent, Crouch and Rooney; SKD on his own up front and a hatrick to boot.

• Moderators

About six years too late and he won't play but it shows things are on the up. Wonder how much Coyle has had to do with this, he's not shut up about SKD since he got here. Here's to training ground injuries for Bent, Crouch and Rooney; SKD on his own up front and a hatrick to boot.

think it's more injuries and retirements than Coyle bigging him up - that said, he created more goalscoring chances last season than any other striker in the Premier League

had Zamora, Heskey, Defoe etc been fit he wouldn't have got in

hopefully now though, he'll get half a chance and take it and do well, rather than bomb out and do a ricketts

• Site Supporter

think it's more injuries and retirements than Coyle bigging him up - that said, he created more goalscoring chances last season than any other striker in the Premier League

had Zamora, Heskey, Defoe etc been fit he wouldn't have got in

hopefully now though, he'll get half a chance and take it and do well, rather than bomb out and do a ricketts

i'd love him to inspire england to victory with a goal and MOTM performance then announce his retirement from international football.

biggrin.gif

I'm glad he's gotten a chance, but it really does show up our lack of quality strikers at the moment, as stated above if Zamora, Agbonlahor, Carroll or Defoe weren't injured, and if Heskey hadn't retired then Davies wouldn't be in the squad. In fact, I'm suprised that Owen didn't get called up ahead of him

I do hope he gets at least 20 minutes though

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.