Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Financial Doo Dah

Thorpey

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would anyone gladly pay that little bit extra for tickets, merchandise, etc. If I could help out the club within reason, I would try my best. This is my club, our club, whatever happens, always a wanderers never anything else. Bolton Wanderers till the day we watch the whites from whereever we end up, filled with so many memories and hearts full of pride.

Would anyone gladly pay that little bit extra for tickets, merchandise, etc. If I could help out the club within reason, I would try my best. This is my club, our club, whatever happens, always a wanderers never anything else. Bolton Wanderers till the day we watch the whites from whereever we end up, filled with so many memories and hearts full of pride.

people say they're too expensive now.

Diddle, give your head a wobble (Like chungys) your extra ?1 a week is gonna make shit all difference.

It wouldn't that you are correct, but say Bolton have donation boxes in the turnstiles, 1pound from about 20.000 fans will make a difference, 20.000 x 1 pound x 19 home games, you've got money that way, if it means me paying an extra 19 pound a season to help my club, I ain't arsed, I'd probably just spend it on betting or summat worthless anyway, now how about maybe 2 pound and that's 20.000 x 2 pound x 19, maybe a few folk can have 1 less beer a game or 1 less happy meal ;)

Get more involved with the community, do gigs, do open nights, do fundraising, all the players join Kevin Davies to turn on the christmas lights and put on a show, have fun fairs, have arcades, have buffets, have family days, have player days.

EDIT: Maths fail.

Edited by DidledeeBwfc

The worrying thing for me is how did we get to the 86% wages to turnover ratio without alarm bells ringing.

Anyone know what the ratio was for last year's accts.

We must be paying the players stupid money at the moment.Thank god there earning the corn at the moment :nea:

It wouldn't that you are correct, but say Bolton have donation boxes in the turnstiles, 1pound from about 20.000 fans will make a difference, 20.000 x 1 pound x 19 home games, you've got money that way, if it means me paying an extra 19 pound a season to help my club, I ain't arsed, I'd probably just spend it on betting or summat worthless anyway, now how about maybe 2 pound and that's 20.000 x 2 pound x 19, maybe a few folk can have 1 less beer a game or 1 less happy meal ;)

Get more involved with the community, do gigs, do open nights, do fundraising, all the players join Kevin Davies to turn on the christmas lights and put on a show, have fun fairs, have arcades, have buffets, have family days, have player days.

EDIT: Maths fail.

Diddles your a superstar.

• Site Supporter

The worrying thing for me is how did we get to the 86% wages to turnover ratio without alarm bells ringing.

Anyone know what the ratio was for last year's accts.

We must be paying the players stupid money at the moment.Thank god there earning the corn at the moment nea.gif

i wonder if its possible with a club the size of ourselves, to even slightly compete in the prem with a wage-turnover % at much less?

i dont beleive for one second that we pay silly wages (in comparison with everyone else)

fact of the matter is, that the income from supporters is fuck all, so you can see why the club tries to make money on the corporate side at every opportunity.

Other than players the only other real assests we have is the Reebok, I doubt very much that we would be able to sell the stadium in the current climate, even as land to redevelop.

Not entirely true - There are sites in Euxton & Lostock now under his ownership too. Mind you, if I was bankrolling everything I'd want a bit of security.

It would be much worse if we where to owe Banks and HMRC tens of millions because those batstards dont give a fuck and will serve winding up orders at the first chance.

Agreed.

Having been at the helm of a Conference club (although it wasn't quite the Premiership!) there is a popular misconception among fans that increased gates means more money available for players, etc. Problem is that gate money is only a small % of income. If we filled the 'bok every game this year, then it's mean about an extra 8k people per game, paying an average of ?20 for 20 games = ?3.2m and when you've paid the vat comes to about ?2.7m - a small dent in our deficit.

Where the 'eck is the rest of the deficit going to get made up from? You can't cut player contracts (just hope that the deadwood players contracts expire soon) so I guess we'll be relying on Eddie and profits from player trading for quite a while yet ..... Unfortuntely for us I think we have maximised our merchandise revenue with our supporter base so can't see any extra cash coming from us lot tbh.

When these figures came out I wondered if they were running the football and 'other' businesses separately which does have its tax advantages but I don't think they are looking at the totals.

We'll be fine, somehow!

Having been at the helm of a Conference club (although it wasn't quite the Premiership!) there is a popular misconception among fans that increased gates means more money available for players, etc.

It's OK, I think there's only Diddles on here who was misconceived.

• Site Supporter

It wouldn't that you are correct, but say Bolton have donation boxes in the turnstiles,

Are you taking the piss or are you just a thick twat? Donation boxes on the turnstiles, to cover the wages of players taking home tens of thousands of pounds per week?

I guess most people were at the match today and wouldn't have heard 5live just before KO.

Apparently Eddie Davies had a word with Stuart Hall to say he's pissed off with all the reporting of us being in the financial shit. Of our debts, only 10m is to anyone other than Eddie Davies and he doesn't like all the media talk going around saying we're up the creek without a paddle.

I guess most people were at the match today and wouldn't have heard 5live just before KO.

Apparently Eddie Davies had a word with Stuart Hall to say he's pissed off with all the reporting of us being in the financial shit. Of our debts, only 10m is to anyone other than Eddie Davies and he doesn't like all the media talk going around saying we're up the creek without a paddle.

Stuart Hall said the same in his after match report.By the way his report was poetry,theatre, and comedy all rolled into one, would love a CD of all his after match comments.

Stuart Hall said the same in his after match report.By the way his report was poetry,theatre, and comedy all rolled into one, would love a CD of all his after match comments.

really i think he is total cunt in love with himself.

i want a match report not some pissed twat talking shit......i have wiggum and blakely for that. :whistle: :thumbsup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.