Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Old Programmes

Thorpey

Just cleared the loft out come across a shed load of old programmes dating back to the 50s. Think me dad must of give 'em me years back as I only popped out in the late 60s!

They'll only gather dust so any ideas where's best to get rid and get a few quid? Any of you lot collect this sort of thing and need anything?

Looks like there's loads of good 'uns in there inc:

Loads of home & away - league, cup 1950s onwards

Final 53

Semi & Final 58

Testimonials - Lofthouse, Rimmer, Hassall

Last game at Burnden signed by Supa John when I met him after in the Pack Horse!

Some pre-season foreign thing from germany in 1970!

Cheers for the advice in advance!

If you can be arsed ebay is always a decent place to sell them. It is a ballache if you sell them seperatly, dealing with listing them and postage, but you will get more cash for them if you do.

what I would do is pick out the best ones and sell them singly and sell the rest in bundles of 10 or so.

Just cleared the loft out come across a shed load of old programmes dating back to the 50s. Think me dad must of give 'em me years back as I only popped out in the late 60s!

They'll only gather dust so any ideas where's best to get rid and get a few quid? Any of you lot collect this sort of thing and need anything?

Looks like there's loads of good 'uns in there inc:

Loads of home & away - league, cup 1950s onwards

Final 53

Semi & Final 58

Testimonials - Lofthouse, Rimmer, Hassall

Last game at Burnden signed by Supa John when I met him after in the Pack Horse!

Some pre-season foreign thing from germany in 1970!

Cheers for the advice in advance!

i need bw v charlton 56/7 if you have it

ta v much

boltondiver

Got that one! Wed Sept 12 k.o 6.00pm?? I assume we had no lights in them days!

Make a decent offer and 100% to the kids. Neil / Admin / Happy Wanderer's call whether to accept or not!

I'll post it to you when he gives the ok!

Cheers!

taking of programes...they are a very lucrative buisness! know a couple of collectors ere.

programes you think are amenial and just shove in a draw somwhere could be worth fortunes to a collector who needs that said programe to complete a full set.

i gave my bolton away mansfield programe from 1993(seagraves 1-1) away to my pal who needed it to get full set for the whole division!

the best programe ive heard of is,a good friend of my dads has the programe for the man united v spartak moscok european game,the very game they travelled to munich for in 1958....

it is also signed by every player from both teams and match officials included!...the last offer he got from the F.A was ?13k,and that was in 1998....

i dont think he keeps it under his bed in all honesty!

the 1923 cup final programe wil be worth a mint in years to come,as will the semi/final 58 programes...keep hold of the fuckers.

boltondiver

Make a decent offer and 100% to the kids. Neil / Admin / Happy Wanderer's call whether to accept or not!

Cheers!

It's your call mate but fine by me.

I'm sure the offer would be very good as it must be very rare (hens teeth) Come on BD :thumbsup:

boltondiver

Cheers!

I don't know the value

But as it completes a collection, and it towards a good cause, is ?10 about right?

The only other one would be Stoke A, League Cup, 63/4, which is very rare

A tenner would be a start for the cause!

Not got the Stoke away one I'm afraid but just having a shifty through and got a wierd looking thing from Monday 4th November 1957 home against CDSA (Central Home of the Soviet Army) Moscow. Looks like they were over here trying to make friends! This must be a rare one!

Get a tenner to Neil and PM me with your address and I'll send it to you.

Cheers.

Edited by Thorpey

A tenner would be a start for the cause!

Not got the Stoke away one I'm afraid but just having a shifty through and got a wierd looking thing from Monday 4th November 1957 home against CDSA (Central Home of the Soviet Army) Moscow. Looks like they were over here trying to make friends! This must be a rare one!

Get a tenner to Neil and PM me with your address and I'll send it to you.

Cheers.

Will do

The Moscow one should raise a few quid on Ebay

I am very happy to comment on the value of any, so you don't get screwed

eg Bolton Spurs 60/1 ?200++

cheers, bd

The 1953 cup final programme is worth in excess of ?100 depending on condition. I have one signed by Nat. I also have a 1958 final programme signed by the Bolton team with the exception of Hennin, Birch and Holden.

I used to have loads of programmes, but seem to have managed to lose most of them during various house moves.

I only appear to have one bundle left nowadays, mainly from my early years as a Bolton fan, from the 74/5 season onwards.

They're probably worth less than the 6p cover price, but how would I find out?

I used to have loads of programmes, but seem to have managed to lose most of them during various house moves.

I only appear to have one bundle left nowadays, mainly from my early years as a Bolton fan, from the 74/5 season onwards.

They're probably worth less than the 6p cover price, but how would I find out?

Have a chat to Ruth.

The 1953 cup final programme is worth in excess of ?100 depending on condition. I have one signed by Nat. I also have a 1958 final programme signed by the Bolton team with the exception of Hennin, Birch and Holden.

I have one signed by Sir Nat and Mr Stanley Matthews

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.