Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Noise Pollution

Ok I'll set the scene, an advice greatfully received!!

New tennants arrived in the apartment above me a couple of months ago and since then it's been hell. I work from home and get thumping music for hours on end during the day also the middle if the night sometimes, and then when their part time daughter comes round it's like having a herd of rhinos up there, which again can last hours at the weekend!

I have complained to management company who have sent letters and got in touch with the owner and I have now got the council involved.

Last time I did complained to a neighbour about music a few years back a guy opened the door with a knife, so not keen on a repeat!

Any one got any further advice??

• Site Supporter

I think you need to go up and, without losing your temper, explain to them why you think their noise levels are unacceptable. They will either apologise or tell you to do one. If the latter, remain composed; it would be too easy to launch him at this point.

THEN you make a complaint to whoever hears such stuff. THEN you make a diary and, if possible, recordings giving dates, times, etc. Speak to your local council for further advice.

I remember many yeras ago I was on nights and I couldn't get to sleep because a neighbours lad and his mate had music on full belt, I went and asked him to keep it down a bit as I had been on nights and wanted/needed a kip, as I got back in bed "boom boom boom" went the music. I got up went round with a pair of scissors and cut the plug cable off right at the end then he couldn't fit a new plug, sorted.

I remember many yeras ago I was on nights and I couldn't get to sleep because a neighbours lad and his mate had music on full belt, I went and asked him to keep it down a bit as I had been on nights and wanted/needed a kip, as I got back in bed "boom boom boom" went the music. I got up went round with a pair of scissors and cut the plug cable off right at the end then he couldn't fit a new plug, sorted.

Before you try this at home kids - don't forget to pull the plug from the socket first :good:

I had a nightmare noisy neighbour (rented) for 10 long months, so i understand how you feel.It only ended when the landlord had the house reposessed and the tenent got evicted.Then the building society sold it to someone decent.

• Site Supporter

order shit loads of junk mail from various places and keep getting things set to his flat, pizzas and alike barrage them morning noon and night, sign up for gay newsletters to be sent to his house and stuff

Mon's reet

Get onto every website you can and get a catalogue ordered or any free shit they'll send out. Hair loss clinics, impotence advice, sexual health stuff, AIDS that sort of thing. If there are any documents you can order online that give advice to potential paedophiles then that should help.

efinitely get every double glazing company in the north west round, quotes for plastering/building work (they might twat him for timewasting). Give crimestopers a call and anonymously mention that you've seen him taking fertilizer and loads of wires into the place. Social services might like to hear he's claiming.

He might not shut up, but it'll be a laugh listening to him complain about the constant stream of people to his door.

I'd covertly key his vehicle. Once it's repaired, supersoak it with paint stripper. Once it's repaired slit his tyres. Finally, hack off his petrol cap and give him a nice kilo or two of sugar. The fucker will be skint soon enough and be forced to move on.

• 1 month later...

Oh, and shag their daughter too.

Their daughter is about 6 so will give that one a miss!

Just been confronted by the said neighbour and tried to have a civil conversation and explain that their music/noise was too loud, but he quite simply denied it which I find astonishing and tried to blame it on other people!

Anyway was then told I was a fcuking arsehole for complaining to management company and council!

News on the positive side, he did say they were moving out in a couple of weeks - so just waiting for the horses head on the doorstep.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.