Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Player Of The First Half Of The Season.

Didledee

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Halfway through the season with 29 points, 32 goals and a goal difference of +7, some cracking games, some sensational individual and team goals, we've given some teams a real thrashing and outplayed some quality sides, very action packed and thoroughly enjoyable.

So who's the player who's stood out most so far?

For me it's Stu Holden, what a cracking player! his tackling, passing, awareness and well his overall game is a treat to watch, I'll give Elmander 2nd place, 9 goals and a few assists. Doubt many would have thought that, judging on his last few seasons.

Hope the next 19 games brings us more of the same[and more]and maybe who knows Bolton could make it into Europe once again :good:

Surely no ones thinking about just surviving now?

• Site Supporter

holden all day long.

hopefully he can only get better too.

oh and id be disappointed if we didnt finish in the top half this season after the start.

europe would make me jizz in my new undercrackers.

Edited by HomerJay

• Moderators

As much as i love holden i have gone for Robbo,I am sick to death of people who sit near me slag him off,when in most games he has been outstanding.

the blokes a proper mon

a throwback

in a good way

I'm going to have to go for robinson. Despite him being a terrier of a full back he appears to have really improved on timing his tackles this season which is benefiting himself and the team, the fact its nearly new year and he hasn't been suspended is evidence of this. What I admire about robbo is that he appears to know his limitations and doesn't try to play risky passes and very rarely gives the ball away. I'm sure I read somewhere that he had the highest pass completion rate in the side which however simple the balls he plays are is something to be admired. Stuie holden of course runs a very close second and had established himself as the heartbeat of the team. The only reason I've gone for robbo over holden is that he had surpassed my expections in such a way I'm dreading us losing him to injury. Praise should also go to zat knight and elmander who have also been superb.

I live in London, been to West Ham and Arsenal away, seen Spurs and Blackburn home games on'th'telly and was as the Reebok yesterday. From what I've seen, Zat Knight has been f*cking outstanding. Granted, I've missed 14 games live and relied on MOTD for the rest..but what a player. See you down there on Wednesday...

Holden & Robbo for me.

Holden has got a superb all round game and seems to have everthing. He has got a huge future imo.

Robinson has looked after a few of the less robust players and has got a decent passing game. When it gets ugly you can bet your bottom dollar he will be in there fighting and you need a couple of snarlers in any decent team.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.