Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

In Debted To Megson

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/172096/Owen-Coyle-Ows-Bolton-success-to-Gary-Megson/

Interestin..

Cant disagree with the fact element. Just the the minor point that the team were playin shite for the ginger twat.

PS is Debted a word :blink: Very early yet.................

Edited by Ratwhite

"The problem was Gary did not have the relationship with the fans Owen has got"

It's true that his personal skills were very poor but that wasn't why Phil Gartside sacked him.Megson was sacked because he had spent ?40 million in his two years at the club and Bolton were in the relegation zone half way through last season.It's a results based industry and Megson's results weren't satisfactory.

"The problem was Gary did not have the relationship with the fans Owen has got"

It's true that his personal skills were very poor but that wasn't why Phil Gartside sacked him.Megson was sacked because he had spent ?40 million in his two years at the club and Bolton were in the relegation zone half way through last season.It's a results based industry and Megson's results weren't satisfactory.

it was nt just the fans plasyers like elmander and knight have improved since he left.

if he said gary is a good football man but a bit of an unlikeable cunt he would have it right.

• Site Supporter

It's all fair comment but why the fuck is Pulis sticking his beak in?

Megsons Mate in it, think he see's today as a bit of a "this is for gary moment", hope we stuff it up em big style. Coyle should be showing this tat to the players.

im sick of hearing about him, we've moved on, end of.

Exactly. Although I am now getting a bit pissed off with Tony Kelly, Super John, all the BN reporters etc, who keep banging on about the how good a job Coyle is doing. I know he is doing a good job, you don't need to tell me every other day.

Guest Frandsen08

Pullis brought it up, not us lot.

i know, but was there any need for pulis to do it? megson had an eye for a good player, his man management tactics and people skills let him down. the sooner he gets a new club the better.

Old pals act.

He said: ?Gary kept them in the league quite comfortably for two years, but when he took over they were in trouble.

Yes - we were really in a comfortable position when he was sacked!

It was fortune that we stayed up, we were doomed til jussi got injured then Al Habsi came in at Boro and saved everything which seemed to breathe fresh confidence for that good run at the end of the season. Thats what and who kept us up, Al Habsi.

Guest Frandsen08

Old pals act.

He said: ?Gary kept them in the league quite comfortably for two years, but when he took over they were in trouble.

It was fortune that we stayed up, we were doomed til jussi got injured then Al Habsi came in at Boro and saved everything which seemed to breathe fresh confidence for that good run at the end of the season. Thats what and who kept us up, Al Habsi.

kin hell mate remember that first tem minutes at boro how the fuck they werent 4 nil up i will never know! habsi was superb then up popped the badger to smash home. top day out that.

kin hell mate remember that first tem minutes at boro how the fuck they werent 4 nil up i will never know! habsi was superb then up popped the badger to smash home. top day out that.

when that goal went in we all jumped on the concourse, the stewards just left us to it haha

I think from that moment onwards we knew we were staying up

• Site Supporter

Old pals act.

Top day out, remmber the old bill getting flustered at the service station when the coaches just kept on arrivin... :rofl:

Guest Frandsen08

Top day out, remmber the old bill getting flustered at the service station when the coaches just kept on arrivin... :rofl:

ha ha yeah, i dont think they ever expected that many coaches, didnt know what to do with themselves!

Megson got lucky at boro jussi was injured habsi was inspired, megson started rasiak and cohen both were playing shite luckily both got injuries and diouf and mcann came on and changed the game, divine intervention fook all to do with megson, the original team selection dropping diouf for rasiak was unbelievable.

• Moderators

dropping diouf for rasiak was unbelievable.

you don't know the circumstances that led to the decision and to suggest dioufs arrival had owt to do with the game changing is just an attempt to rewrite the truth

also, mccann stsrted the game

one 60 yard run from mccann was what signalled the turn of that game

daily_star.jpg special_brew.jpg

Football News For Halfwits

OWEN COYLE OWES* BOLTON SUCCESS TO GARY MEGSON

15th January 2011

By John 'I cannot spell Owes' Percy

TONY PULIS reckons Owen Coyle has had it easy at Bolton ? thanks to his much-maligned predecessor Gary Megson.

Pulis says Megson deserves much of the credit for Bolton?s impressive climb up the Premier League table this season after signing the majority of the squad.

british-lard-images_couple.gif

Megson signed EIGHT of the players that appeared in Bolton?s 1-1 draw with Wigan earlier this month, including ?15m-rated defender Gary Cahill and record buy Johan Elmander. Quite why they looked like a bag of spanners when playing under him remains a mystery, whilst top scorer Elmander has openly stated he hated playing under the ginger bully.

logo.gif

A few dim Trotters fans in jogging bottoms and knock off leccoste jumpers subjected the former West Brom boss to a hate campaign during his two-year spell before his sacking in December 2009. But after countless verbal assaults on the clubs fans as a whole, he went on to alienate the majority of their other supporters thus making his job impossible.

However, Stoke boss Pulis believes his mate Megson should be given more recognition for building the squad that Coyle has guided to seventh in the table ahead of Bolton?s visit today. Pulis rates Megson so highly, he let him take training sessions now and again during a short spell at Stoke, but clearly not enough to keep him on or pay him for the trouble.

granny-tits3.jpgClick here for the hottest mums and grans!!

He said: ?Gary kept them in the league quite comfortably for two years with the worst football in the clubs history, but when he took over they were in trouble. I know he has talent, he can put cones out in training with the best of them and you want to see him pump up a ball. He was second to none here at Stoke when I let him in as bootwasher'.

Despite being a transfer kitty greater than any other manager in the history of the club, the ?40 million spent still left them vunerable position having thrown away a two goal lead away at home to relegation rivals Hull by playing abysmal negative football and allowing two pensioners rip his team apart. ?There were also a lot of older players on big money he helped to shift on, saving the club a lot of money. I know they were at the end of their contracts but lets not bother with that little fact"

?He did a great job. The problem was Gary has the personality of a bucket of mud, whereas the fans have Owens respect and its shows.?

* spelling error to title kindly corrected by Wanderersways.com

you don't know the circumstances that led to the decision and to suggest dioufs arrival had owt to do with the game changing is just an attempt to rewrite the truth

also, mccann stsrted the game

one 60 yard run from mccann was what signalled the turn of that game

From what I've heard Diouf wasn't fit enough to last 90 minutes (his own fault), so the plan was always to bring him on second half. The speed with which Rasiak was subbed after picking up a minor knock seems to confirm that.

The week after at Spurs, Rasiak started with Diouf coming on second half.

Belting day though. I can still see that clock on the opposite stand ticking away very, very slowly.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.