Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

You Tube Bolton Stuff

superjohnmcginlay

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Mantra said:

I was trying to find a highlights replay of the game vs Blackburn in 2010 when Holden scores this winner (starts at 0.55)

Couldn't find the full highlights sadly, not sure if anyone else knows where to find them.

Was that THE Reebok Voice taunting the Blackburn fans? “Enjoy it while you can!”

Sure it was taunting their celebrations lasting about 90 seconds.

16 hours ago, MickyD said:

Was that THE Reebok Voice taunting the Blackburn fans? “Enjoy it while you can!”

Sure it was taunting their celebrations lasting about 90 seconds.

Yeh in the video I posted at 1 minute 28 seconds you can hear the announcer say that!

I'm posting up games from the 87/88 season, our last in Div 4. Doing it in sequence from first to last (with some games missing because they weren't filmed). This one is a bit of an exception. It's not mine ... and it's been on YouTube for four years. 

Enjoy 11 minutes of Scunthorpe 1 Bolton 1 from September 15, 1987. Up to this point we'd W 4 D 1 L 1 .

Scunthorpe were of course to end the season battling away for promotion with us so a 1-1 draw doesn't sound too bad. It should really have been a win though. Some poor refereeing and a very dodgy and extremely late penalty robbed us. Dave Higson's reaction is one of fury - it'll make you smile. Right at the end of this footage you can see the Bolton fans taking to the pitch trying to get to the ref. I've got the original video and there is literally seconds longer than appears in this clip. Enough to see the police horses taking to the turf. Imagine away fans taking to the pitch to get at the ref these days. It'd end up being debated in parliament.

2 hours ago, paulhanley said:

I'm posting up games from the 87/88 season, our last in Div 4. Doing it in sequence from first to last (with some games missing because they weren't filmed). This one is a bit of an exception. It's not mine ... and it's been on YouTube for four years. 

Enjoy 11 minutes of Scunthorpe 1 Bolton 1 from September 15, 1987. Up to this point we'd W 4 D 1 L 1 .

Scunthorpe were of course to end the season battling away for promotion with us so a 1-1 draw doesn't sound too bad. It should really have been a win though. Some poor refereeing and a very dodgy and extremely late penalty robbed us. Dave Higson's reaction is one of fury - it'll make you smile. Right at the end of this footage you can see the Bolton fans taking to the pitch trying to get to the ref. I've got the original video and there is literally seconds longer than appears in this clip. Enough to see the police horses taking to the turf. Imagine away fans taking to the pitch to get at the ref these days. It'd end up being debated in parliament.

Went to this game, only time I’ve been to the old show ground. Didn’t realise the penalty decision was so bad. 

Over on ITV4 yesterday morning our game at Hull in 1977 was the 2nd game on the big match.  The first game after the Everton semi defeat and we blew a 2 goal lead.  Some of the older posters on here might recognise themselves behind the goals in scarves and flares.

Blackburn 1 Bolton 1 from 2000/2001. A goal conceded in the first minute and our equaliser coming just two minutes from time with a speculative long ranger from Bo Hansen being deflected. Maintained our unbeaten run at the start of this promotion season and broke a sequence of three consecutive defeats at Ewood

• Moderators
11 hours ago, paulhanley said:

Blackburn 1 Bolton 1 from 2000/2001. A goal conceded in the first minute and our equaliser coming just two minutes from time with a speculative long ranger from Bo Hansen being deflected. Maintained our unbeaten run at the start of this promotion season and broke a sequence of three consecutive defeats at Ewood

My first visit to Ewood that

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/06/2020 at 11:35, paulhanley said:

Our second ever spell in Division 4 is now confirmed so it's a good time to share all the games I've got in video from 1987/88 when we were last a basement club. 

I've already shared a good few games from that season and I'll mix those in with the ones I've yet to post on You Tube chronologically. This will include the defeats!

I don't have all of the games that year. I've never seen a recording of Bolton 1 Cardiff 0 from the second day of the season and there's around 5 or 6 games from the second half of January through to March that were never filmed. This was the gap between Easy Video stopping filming games and Roadrunner taking over (Dave Higson commenated for both). Some of the footage I've got of Roadrunner's from March onwards is pretty ropey! 

There are only two games I won't share - Bolton 1 Wigan 3 from the League Cup First Round Second Leg and Tranmere 2 Bolton 0 from December. Quite frankly this is because their fans can fuck off if they think I'm sharing any of their little moments of joy at our expense. 

These are two games I've shared already. Bolton 1 Crewe 1 from the opening day and Wigan 2 Bolton 3 from the League Cup First Leg. I'll seek to share a third game today. Given I've already said I don't have Bolton 1 Cardiff 0 and won't share Wigan 1 Bolton 3, those of you remember that season will probably be aware of what's coming next!

Hello Paul , will you be continuing the 1987/88 campaign when you get the time , I was thoroughly enjoying it.

Edited by dusan nikolic

4 hours ago, dusan nikolic said:

Hello Paul , will you be continuing the 1987/88 campaign when you get the time , I was thoroughly enjoying it.

Aye. Best resume that soon. Won't be this week as I'm  not at home. Might have a chance next weekend and certainly thereafter.