Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

You Tube Bolton Stuff

superjohnmcginlay

1 minute ago, dusan nikolic said:

Bloody hell that's some going , do you remember there being 4 disallowed goals that went against us?

To be honest, it's the first time i've seen that vid since going to the match, i knew we had a couple against us, but i doubt it could've changed the course of the match. The Notts police were twats that night.

2 minutes ago, leigh white said:

To be honest, it's the first time i've seen that vid since going to the match, i knew we had a couple against us, but i doubt it could've changed the course of the match. The Notts police were twats that night.

Notts Police being twats , that sounds about right.

• Site Supporter
37 minutes ago, leigh white said:

I remember a Bolton fan coming in late asking me the score, it was the biggest Fuck off you lying cunt i'd ever heard.

A lad came in & asked me the score & I said 4-0, he said fuck off & I said sorry 5-0 as the next one went in 😁. Even by our standards that was special! 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

A lad came in & asked me the score & I said 4-0, he said fuck off & I said sorry 5-0 as the next one went in 😁. Even by our standards that was special! 

Shoe on the other foot, when we beat Ipswich 4-1 to basically stay up In 2003 ish, lad next to me was away on holiday. Asked me to keep him informed of score. 
1-0, yeeeessss. 2-0, more of the same. 1 minute later, 3-0 - stop taking the piss. A minute or 2 later, 4-0. Dave this is too important, stop taking the piss.

Great afternoon

3 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Never been so gobsmacked in my life at the time, i never saw anybody leaving early though, mind half the Bolton lot had just come in.☺️

In the early days of the strike you could hear the shouting and jeering at the local pit half a mile away. Around our Town now I know Strikers who stuck it all the way through , some that did 6 months and went back and the majority who worked all the way through. The lads who stayed out all year were treated like pariah afterwards.

Edited by dusan nikolic

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, leigh white said:

Never been so gobsmacked in my life at the time, i never saw anybody leaving early though, mind half the Bolton lot had just come in.☺️

Some people say Bolton fans are fickle, I doubt many teams have had the backing our lot got that night when they've been 6-0 down. 

In the early days of the strike you could hear the shouting and jeering at the local pit half a mile away. Around our Town now I know Strikers who stuck it all the way through , some that did 6 months and went back and the majority who worked all the way through. The lads who stayed out all year were treated like pariah afterwards.

Those Notts lads who stuck it out for 12 months are my greatest heroes, and they all ended up the road just the same.

6 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Some people say Bolton fans are fickle, I doubt many teams have had the backing our lot got that night when they've been 6-0 down. 

That day at Sheff Utd, 4-0 down when that soft cunt Barnes walked off, the backing from our lot sang all way through the match.

You were half a mile from me then.

Sheesh,that's spooky. I took a mate for an interview at a construction firm in Eastwood what made pre fabs, i think it was called Vic Halloms, i fucked off to the pit for an hour talking to local pickets then met my mate back at the pub.

9 minutes ago, leigh white said:

Sheesh,that's spooky. I took a mate for an interview at a construction firm in Eastwood what made pre fabs, i think it was called Vic Halloms, i fucked off to the pit for an hour talking to local pickets then met my mate back at the pub.

Vic Hallams at nearby Langley Mill , that's all been long demolished there's a Lidl on there now amongst other things. Did he get the job , I know a lot of them went working in the Falklands for Vics .

Edited by dusan nikolic

3 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

Vic Hallams at nearby Langley Mill , that's all been long demolished there's a Lidl on there now amongst other things. Did he get the job , I know a lot of them went working in the Falklands.

He ended up getting the job in the Falklands, i took him back down and got invited into the works at Vic Hallams for a buffet, all the bosses came round and shook my mates hand and me, i said i'm not going, i'm on strike. ☺️

Just now, leigh white said:

He ended up getting the job in the Falklands, i took him back down and got invited into the works at Vic Hallams for a buffet, all the bosses came round and shook my mates hand and me, i said i'm not going, i'm on strike. ☺️

I know a few who went and they hated it , 1 went missing overboard on the way there and another got sacked for setting his cabin on fire pissed up. 

When you'd have come off the Motorway , other than Moorgreen there were 8 pits in a 15 minute radius of each other . 

I know a few who went and they hated it , 1 went missing overboard on the way there and another got sacked for setting his cabin on fire pissed up. 

When you'd have come off the Motorway , other than Moorgreen there were 8 pits in a 15 minute radius of each other . 

I know my mate hated it, but he stuck it out, he flew back to Brize Norton after the year contract was up. I know the Notts/Derby area was awash with mines from my galavanting in the past. Going into Bentinck Miners Welfare with a wench and every fucker speaking with a Geordie accent was an eyeopener.☺️

On 25/09/2020 at 16:06, miamiwhite said:

Spot on mate, very good account of things. 

I think the match you mentioned re the coach may have been around 84/85, they scattered after the game on the bus station.

I also recall a lad from Stoneclough being in their end and kicking off, then being carried arms and legs past our end by the old bill, he was going mental,  think he was called Collie.

The ex Morris Green lad did indeed bring the few Blackburn lads with him, one of them Des, who ironically was also an ex Burnley fan who switched sides, that didn't go down well with the Burnley lot when they saw him.

Spot on too re them having a go near the old MFI, though they weren't keen at all at the Bradford Arms, hardly surprising with our huge numbers.

Just come across this from a Burnley fan. Like the Burnley book think he’s got a big confused with history.

”Remember Burnley really giving it to them there in 1988 I think it was, FA cup, then there was a league game about a week later, they never ever showed up against us ever again after that “

9 hours ago, leigh white said:

I know my mate hated it, but he stuck it out, he flew back to Brize Norton after the year contract was up. I know the Notts/Derby area was awash with mines from my galavanting in the past. Going into Bentinck Miners Welfare with a wench and every fucker speaking with a Geordie accent was an eyeopener.☺️

The Nearer Mansfield you went to the picketing was stronger I think. Before the time of the  strike Moorgreen had been agreed for closure along with 2 other nearby ones , so those pits were only at a reduced workforce anyway . I think all 3 shut within 4 months of the strike ending.

I remember nearly being nicked at Forest in 1991, when everyone was giving Pearce shit for the semi final Penalty miss , I gave him a wanker sign , next thing a tap on the shoulder from a massive copper and a " anymore from you ya Northern Twat and your coming in" . Needless to say I kept quiet and made my way to the other end of the terrace.

On 24/10/2020 at 09:10, dusan nikolic said:

I was buzzing when I stumbled on it to be honest , was it perhaps 6-0 at half time , oddly they seem to have shown 2 of our disallowed goals but not Fosters legitimate goal. In our history I wonder if we have ever conceded that many goals in such a short space of time? .

Late to this conversation, but that Notts County was such a clear memory, great to see the footage.  There great excitement going to that game, we'd won at 2nd tier Shrewsbury in the previous round I think, this was 3rd round which was a long cup run for us at the time.  So we took loads, and half of us seemed to be wearing those red, white and blue peaked caps that the club shop were selling.  I had no idea we had 4 goals disallowed, what a freakish night that was in more ways than one.  Rachid Harkouk interview is priceless, I wouldnt like to see him after a defeat, the great days before media training for players.

On 24/10/2020 at 12:50, paulhanley said:

Three classics right there! 

There must have been a good few in those days who only went to away games and avoided Burnden.

I always remember seeing the famous "Ivan" in his sheepskin at away games in the 80s but never at home games.  Loads in that category, away days were a different set of fans (same now generally).