Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

You Tube Bolton Stuff

superjohnmcginlay

8 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Didn’t Taggart end up with a 7 game ban? Admittedly it was lumped in with his ban for another red card around the same time?

Looking in the Records book he played the next game 1-0 win v Chelsea and then missed virtually all of the League campaign until the last 3 Games . Unsure if Todd got pissed off with him , or he got injured but he missed a fair amount of games .

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

West Ham v Bolton 1997/98 

A defeat at West Ham , but it features Taggart getting sent Off for trying to throttle Ludo Miklosko .

I always recall the papers match report where Taggarts explanation was that he didn't throttle him, he just grabbed him by a neck, accompanied by a picture of him throttling him with both hands

3 minutes ago, Zico said:

I always recall the papers match report where Taggarts explanation was that he didn't throttle him, he just grabbed him by a neck, accompanied by a picture of him throttling him with both hands

I remember that picture . Imagine that great big thing doing a Homer Simpson on you.

Edited by dusan nikolic

29 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

Looking in the Records book he played the next game 1-0 win v Chelsea and then missed virtually all of the League campaign until the last 3 Games . Unsure if Todd got pissed off with him , or he got injured but he missed a fair amount of games .

Took some serious searching of the Bolton News archives and I was wrong about the seven game ban, it was ‘just’ a six game ban! Three for the red card and three for getting 5 bookings which seems incredibly harsh and surely wasn’t a rule that lasted very long?!

57 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Took some serious searching of the Bolton News archives and I was wrong about the seven game ban, it was ‘just’ a six game ban! Three for the red card and three for getting 5 bookings which seems incredibly harsh and surely wasn’t a rule that lasted very long?!

On the video it said 3 sending offs in 5 games . Todd & Taggart I'd imagine , didn't someone get sent off against United?

13 hours ago, dusan nikolic said:

On the video it said 3 sending offs in 5 games . Todd & Taggart I'd imagine , didn't someone get sent off against United?

11 hours ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

I was in the Domican at the time but Blake & Pallister rings a bell. 

Correct, though Pallister had his downgraded to a yellow card after the game.

34 minutes ago, Northender said:

Didn't Taggart get sent off at Birmingham for grabbing someone by the throat there as well, 1996/97 season

Taggert was a big fucker I once saw him stood in the doorway at the Fox and Stork on Halliwell. He filled the whole doorway, if he grabbed hold of you it wouldn’t be pleasant. The game seems bereft of characters like that now, I miss that.

23 hours ago, dusan nikolic said:

West Ham v Bolton 1997/98 

A defeat at West Ham , but it features Taggart getting sent Off for trying to throttle Ludo Miklosko .

We went down for the weekend for this match in my mates Saab. It would have been cheaper to fly down and stay in a 5 star hotel.

The 4 of us ran the ICF all the way back up Green St.

AHMK2K

• Moderators
On 15/02/2021 at 12:10, nantwichwhite said:

Taggert was a big fucker I once saw him stood in the doorway at the Fox and Stork on Halliwell. He filled the whole doorway, if he grabbed hold of you it wouldn’t be pleasant. The game seems bereft of characters like that now, I miss that.

A mate was in the platinum suite when Oasis played in 2000 

Taggart was there with other ex and random players  

Chatting to him at the bar, Taggart had a jacket on and a bottle of vodka in either inside pocket which he swigged from in between pints