Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

You Tube Bolton Stuff

superjohnmcginlay

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Farnywhite said:

Don’t even remember this game 3 - 1 win at Upton Park Coca Cola cup  

Went down with wife. We got off the supporters club coach right outside an East End pub but were warned the locals weren’t particularly friendly. It turned out they were... well, at least pre-match.

As they were building a new stand, we were shoved in the corner of a home stand. The segregation was a flight of steps! All game you sensed the tension, particularly under the stand where you pretty much kept your mouth shut going for a piss.

Right across the staircase from me were two big, big black guys each sporting at least a 24” neck. Fortunately, they didn’t have the stomach to stay to watch their team get ripped a new arse by little Bolton. 

The walk back to the coaches after the game was a bit hairy but we survived running the gauntlet unscathed.

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Possibly. Probably the most horrible team I’ve witnessed in over 40 years, tried to kick us off the park for 90 minutes. 

With Warnock on the touchline not holding back in telling them to do just that

8 hours ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Was that horrible Aussie cnut Muscat not there then? 

Never played for them. You might have him confused with the Warnock documentary where he was mouthing off about him. A bit contradictory given his side of thugs I’ll admit  

As it happens. I have a massive admiration for Colin these days. His hatred of Megson might help. 

Edited by BWFC_LOVE

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

Never played for them. You might have him confused with the Warnock documentary where he was mouthing off about him. A bit contradictory given his side of thugs I’ll admit  

As it happens. I have a massive admiration for Colin these days. His hatred of Megson might help. 

Looks like I am 😉. He only dislikes Megson because he is a rival for his title as King cnut. 

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

I found this on a Wanderers site , It's from around 1945 . Apologies if it's already been posted before.

https://www.facebook.com/100000459777723/posts/5048826185142657/

Fantastic watch, that. Great find DN.

Not seen it before.

Bolton captain’s son was a school mate of mine.