Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

You Tube Bolton Stuff


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The origin of the Lever End ha, ha, ha ha song..........    

It's not the colour of the shirt... it's the badge on the chest that matters

Posted Images

I just don't get the whole Wolves rivalry thing. For me it was a passing thing from about 94-2000. Then everything moved on. If we beat them I don't feel the joy like I do if we win a derby. I know for a fact Wolves fans think the same. They may once have had a bit of thing about us being a bogey side and McGinlay - but it faded long ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

but it faded long ago.

It didn't seem like it had when Kevin Davies scored a last minute winner at there place. To say they were angry would be an understatement... Funny as fuck.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DaveTheRave said:

It didn't seem like it had when Kevin Davies scored a last minute winner at there place. To say they were angry would be an understatement... Funny as fuck.

Fans get angry when they concede a last minute winner against anyone....

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter

Relegated them I think that Davies goal? I don’t like Wolves, never have done. Wouldn’t call it rivalry, I just don’t like them

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, paulhanley said:

I just don't get the whole Wolves rivalry thing. For me it was a passing thing from about 94-2000. Then everything moved on. If we beat them I don't feel the joy like I do if we win a derby. I know for a fact Wolves fans think the same. They may once have had a bit of thing about us being a bogey side and McGinlay - but it faded long ago.

They still don’t like us, suppose that’ll fade now as it might be a long time if ever we play them again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

They still don’t like us, suppose that’ll fade now as it might be a long time if ever we play them again. 

Even if they do, compare that to how they feel about WBA in particular and Villa/Birmingham and it's nothing really. 

Offer me a win over Blackburn/Wigan/United etc - I'd take them any day over win against Wolves.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Casino said:

Have you just put a win over united in the same bracket as Wigan and Blackburn?

Dear me

No. Sorry. Not at all.

That should read in order of importance

United

Blackburn Wigan

Wolves

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Re. McAteer "Hes never scored another goal like that in his loyf" 😂😂

Sent that to my sister in law, her boyfriend is a massive Wolfie and told him to enjoy 😁

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
15 hours ago, paulhanley said:

I just don't get the whole Wolves rivalry thing. For me it was a passing thing from about 94-2000. Then everything moved on. If we beat them I don't feel the joy like I do if we win a derby. I know for a fact Wolves fans think the same. They may once have had a bit of thing about us being a bogey side and McGinlay - but it faded long ago.

I don't think there's a rivalry but when mentioned i reckon fans from either team have old feelings awakened

As that video shows

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I don't think there's a rivalry but when mentioned i reckon fans from either team have old feelings awakened

As that video shows

Yes that probably sums it up. It's reminiscing really. I'm sure the occasional Bolton fan does hate Wolves and vice versa because everyone has pet hates. In footballing terms my pet hate (beyond the very obvious local rivals of United, Blackburn, Wigan) is Blackpool. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a bit of chat recently on this thread about the Summer of 1985 and that excitement of five new signings including some well-known names. In order they were Dave Sutton from Huddersfield (free), David Cross from WBA (free), Asa Hartford from Norwich (free), Derek Scott from Burnley (£20,000 I think), Sam Allardyce from Huddersfield (not sure). Those of us getting carried away airbrushed the departures of Brian Borrows to Coventry and Jeff Chandler to Derby. Big misses! 

These two videos are very reminiscent of that time. I'd already uploaded the goals from Bolton 1 Rotherham 1 on the opening day of 85/6 but here's first half and second half of the game. Easy Video (Roadrunner's predecessors) wouldn't start filming BWFC games full time until January 1986, Roadrunner taking over in March 1988. The two Wigan games in 84/5 were filmed by Easy Video. 

The one exception to all this was the Rotherham game. Roadrunner did this one-off. Dave Higson was at this stage still somewhere on the terraces with no thoughts of commentating. The man behind the microphone is club official and stat-man Simon Marland 

I'm pretty sure this is the only time you'll see footage of David Cross in a Bolton shirt and similar applies to Roger Walker who came on as a sub. I don't think there's any film of Big Sam in his second playing stint at Bolton but he's filmed on this at half time with Derek Scott. Scott was injured, Big Sam suspended 

Rotherham's late equaliser was a real let down because we ought to have had the game sewn-up, as you'll see. My other memory of the day was getting home and and watching Graham Gooch and David Gower flaying the Aussies to all parts in an Ashes test.

Enjoy the nostalgia. 

 

Second half 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Any wolves fan over the age of 30 hates us more than West Brom and more than villa and brum by a country mile.

We fucked them over for a decade, even Chorley beat em at Burnden Park. Our thing with Tranmere predominantly comes from them fucking us over, with Aldo taking lead role, exactly the same with us them and Super John. 

We knocked em out of the cup 93

Beat em 5-1 season after.

Play offs 95 speaks for itself.

Did the double on em in 97, super John 2 at theirs, battle of burned, lofty and SJM’s antics at home. 

Stopped em getting in play offs 99ish, Gardner scoring 1-0 at home and we swapped places with em.

Few seasons after we relegate them at theirs in last minute after SKD should’ve been sent off. 

Its a magnificent list of executed misery. We ruined their childhoods and fucked their lives us for a full ten years. 

Fantastic. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Any wolves fan over the age of 30 hates us more than West Brom and more than villa and brum by a country mile.

We fucked them over for a decade, even Chorley beat em at Burnden Park. Our thing with Tranmere predominantly comes from them fucking us over, with Aldo taking lead role, exactly the same with us them and Super John. 

We knocked em out of the cup 93

Beat em 5-1 season after.

Play offs 95 speaks for itself.

Did the double on em in 97, super John 2 at theirs, battle of burned, lofty and SJM’s antics at home. 

Stopped em getting in play offs 99ish, Gardner scoring 1-0 at home and we swapped places with em.

Few seasons after we relegate them at theirs in last minute after SKD should’ve been sent off. 

Its a magnificent list of executed misery. We ruined their childhoods and fucked their lives us for a full ten years. 

Fantastic. 

Think we put a big dent in their play off hopes in 99/00. Gudjohnsen scored, might have been 1-1? Pretty sure somebody ran on from the crowd to celebrate with Gudjohnsen, first (and only?) time I can recall that at the Reebok. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Any wolves fan over the age of 30 hates us more than West Brom and more than villa and brum by a country mile.

We fucked them over for a decade, even Chorley beat em at Burnden Park. Our thing with Tranmere predominantly comes from them fucking us over, with Aldo taking lead role, exactly the same with us them and Super John. 

We knocked em out of the cup 93

Beat em 5-1 season after.

Play offs 95 speaks for itself.

Did the double on em in 97, super John 2 at theirs, battle of burned, lofty and SJM’s antics at home. 

Stopped em getting in play offs 99ish, Gardner scoring 1-0 at home and we swapped places with em.

Few seasons after we relegate them at theirs in last minute after SKD should’ve been sent off. 

Its a magnificent list of executed misery. We ruined their childhoods and fucked their lives us for a full ten years. 

Fantastic. 

Aye, looked at their forums last time we played them & their bitterness towards us, is still off the scale.

Fantastic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.