Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Sign in to follow this  
superjohnmcginlay

You Tube Bolton Stuff

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I heard he smashed his face into a urinal or a sink in the bogs at some do

Yep, that’s the version I heard.

Whatever, he’s a time bomb.

Wouldn’t want to tangle with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I heard he smashed his face into a urinal or a sink in the bogs at some do

Might be that then 

bit of an animal Todd 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Twatted Dean Kiely as well, didn’t he?

He did.  Brown, when he was finally seen in public again, was still in a state, so God alone knows what he looked like at the time.  Todd reportedly came out of the bogs afterwards and said "I think I've killed him"

Kiely had a big shiner the day after he clashed with Todd. He's obviously one handy lad! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a clear view of the Collymore scrap, Stanley threw the first punch then got battered down with a couple of haymakers.

Saw Todd a couple of days later in Asda and he was only the same size as me, (small). Definitely a handy lad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our second ever spell in Division 4 is now confirmed so it's a good time to share all the games I've got in video from 1987/88 when we were last a basement club. 

I've already shared a good few games from that season and I'll mix those in with the ones I've yet to post on You Tube chronologically. This will include the defeats!

I don't have all of the games that year. I've never seen a recording of Bolton 1 Cardiff 0 from the second day of the season and there's around 5 or 6 games from the second half of January through to March that were never filmed. This was the gap between Easy Video stopping filming games and Roadrunner taking over (Dave Higson commenated for both). Some of the footage I've got of Roadrunner's from March onwards is pretty ropey! 

There are only two games I won't share - Bolton 1 Wigan 3 from the League Cup First Round Second Leg and Tranmere 2 Bolton 0 from December. Quite frankly this is because their fans can fuck off if they think I'm sharing any of their little moments of joy at our expense. 

These are two games I've shared already. Bolton 1 Crewe 1 from the opening day and Wigan 2 Bolton 3 from the League Cup First Leg. I'll seek to share a third game today. Given I've already said I don't have Bolton 1 Cardiff 0 and won't share Wigan 1 Bolton 3, those of you remember that season will probably be aware of what's coming next!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A grim day in the history of Bolton Wanderers. Our first ever defeat at Division 4 level (as of now we've still only had 12 of them!). It came against newly promoted Scarborough and to the tune of 4-0. 

This was our third game of the season and the ledger read won 1 drawn 1 lost 1. 

Scarborough's first three league games at home were Wolves, Bolton and Burnley. The fans of all three caused mayhem. Very little of what the Bolton fans got up to is on the Roadrunner video. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What an assist by henshaw for the 3rd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was Warnock manager

Noticed his future assistant Blackwell in goal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Casino said:

Was Warnock manager

Noticed his future assistant Blackwell in goal

I think he was, yes. When they came to Burnden for the return fixture at Christmas they had Seamus McDonagh in goal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/06/2020 at 12:32, paulhanley said:

A grim day in the history of Bolton Wanderers. Our first ever defeat at Division 4 level (as of now we've still only had 12 of them!). It came against newly promoted Scarborough and to the tune of 4-0. 

This was our third game of the season and the ledger read won 1 drawn 1 lost 1. 

Scarborough's first three league games at home were Wolves, Bolton and Burnley. The fans of all three caused mayhem. Very little of what the Bolton fans got up to is on the Roadrunner video. 

 

Thanks for that Paul( I think). The defeats help to give a more balanced opinion of that season's team , I was shocked when you posted that we had lost 12 games that season , without checking the book , was it a pretty settled defence all season?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There will be another Scarborough next season I can feel it, somewhere we hit genuine rock bottom. From there only glory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Marc505 said:

There will be another Scarborough next season I can feel it, somewhere we hit genuine rock bottom. From there only glory.

Surely it can’t get any worse than Accrington Stanley 7 bolton 1 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Surely it can’t get any worse than Accrington Stanley 7 bolton 1 

I've got visions of a train ful of absolutely fuming and plastered lads coming back from Barrow...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Marc505 said:

I've got visions of a train ful of absolutely fuming and plastered lads coming back from Barrow...

😀 it wouldn’t surprise me after the recent seasons we have had

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dusan nikolic said:

Thanks for that Paul( I think). The defeats help to give a more balanced opinion of that season's team , I was shocked when you posted that we had lost 12 games that season , without checking the book , was it a pretty settled defence all season?.

My memory is that it was mainly Sutton and Came in central defence but that there were occasions when Crombie and Scott played there. Then towards the end we started trusting Mark Winstanley there. Crombie was more often than not at left back but Scott and Savage played there too. Mainly Scott as the right back although there was a kid called Paul Hughes played a few games as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/06/2020 at 13:24, paulhanley said:

I think he was, yes. When they came to Burnden for the return fixture at Christmas they had Seamus McDonagh in goal

We got our revenge didn't we? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

We got our revenge didn't we? 

 

Yep... 3-1 on New Year's Day. Played in a downpour. I've got that game so it'll get posted but I'm doing em in sequence so not quite yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the fourth game of our last basement season in 1987/88 (I posted this one on You Tube more than a year ago now)

This was an August Bank Holiday Monday game - a fixture that seems to have been removed the calendar. 

The attendance of only 3,900 illustrated the  downward turn in mood after the miserable 4-0 defeat at Scarborough on the Saturday. I was at the game and remember players and fans alike were tentative. 

The penalty, converted by John Thomas, was a nerve-settler. But the nerves came back as the second half wore on and we were still only one ahead. Steve Thompson's late second was very welcome and in the evening sunshine we trooping off the Paddock we could begin to put the Scarborough debacle behind us.Won 2 Drawn 1 Lost 1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The shirt is different in the Scarborough and Peterboro matches, no navy blue round the neck v Posh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/06/2020 at 20:15, paulhanley said:

Yep... 3-1 on New Year's Day. Played in a downpour. I've got that game so it'll get posted but I'm doing em in sequence so not quite yet.

Iirc we got tatered at Colchester too. (A Friday maybe).

Another thumping suitably avenged, which got the result from off one of the college porters whilst at uni. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Iirc we got tatered at Colchester too. (A Friday maybe).

Another thumping suitably avenged, which got the result from off one of the college porters whilst at uni. :)

Yeah that was a Friday night game and straight after the 2-0 defeat at Tranmere. It was a crap first half of December followed by a decent Christmas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were actually lucky to be promoted, my recollection is both Torquay and Scunny fucked up their run in (as I am sure we were behind them in the table), meaning we went up with the win at Wrexham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wullie said:

We were actually lucky to be promoted, my recollection is both Torquay and Scunny fucked up their run in (as I am sure we were behind them in the table), meaning we went up with the win at Wrexham

Torquay iirc just needed a point from their last 2 games.  They lost at Burnley in midweek and were playing Scunthorpe at home on the final day.  Scunthorpe beat them 2-1 & would have gone up instead if we hadn't won at Wrexham.  I think Torquay eventually came up via the play offs that year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.