Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

You Tube Bolton Stuff

superjohnmcginlay

• Moderators

Trip to 1987

hairy pre match refreshments that night

i remember nowt about the game, couldve sworn it was goalless

and nice to see the whites fans on the pitch at full time for a warm down

Happy days. Went to that game with some lads from the Albion in L/H, in a XR2, we were there and back in not much over an hour each way.

Ref really was a fucker, playing on til Scunthorpe scored. As soon as he blew full time, twat the ref was the cry, hence the pitch invasion.

Haven't played them in the league since that season.

Happy days. Went to that game with some lads from the Albion in L/H, in a XR2, we were there and back in not much over an hour each way.

Ref really was a fucker, playing on til Scunthorpe scored. As soon as he blew full time, twat the ref was the cry, hence the pitch invasion.

Haven't played them in the league since that season.

Was it not a white XR3?

• 2 weeks later...

I lost my original ID, wanted to add this tho, video of Big Frank bagging at Blackburn 1978 to send us up. This video is from touchline, but I have seen one on Granada Reports next night from the TV box on the top of the stand, was the very poor quality type though they used to show for two secs on local news. Wish I had a copy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwUj7VBh9og

• 3 weeks later...

I lost my original ID, wanted to add this tho, video of Big Frank bagging at Blackburn 1978 to send us up. This video is from touchline, but I have seen one on Granada Reports next night from the TV box on the top of the stand, was the very poor quality type though they used to show for two secs on local news. Wish I had a copy.

How this go unnoticed??

Was this the night we filled ewood??

Never seen footage of it before. That or the United games the season after

How this go unnoticed??

It was that momentus night, suprised no Bolton fans could be seen celebrating behind the goals even though it was Blackburn end seem to remember most Bolton at the top end of that stand as that's where you stood when taking the away end. Edited by Mounts Kipper

Can't be arsed looking if this is on here, Brazil training at Bromwich Street in 66.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1qQqhlyxZ0

That's my Youtube upload!

One fukn like, :lol:!!

I also did these Swindon semi goal highlights, just Mixu's goal (where did he get that from?) and McGin's last minute winner. My one and only match in Manny Road North, got slating by everyone for being a part-timer when I'd been going home and away for ages before (like 22 years)  but I was Paddock middle-upper and could only get a ticket for Manny Road.

https://youtu.be/NL4Aj0DdOtg

https://youtu.be/tSCBLJRZfn4

I've got more!

Skimmer (of Skimmer and Striker fame) who used to go in the British Legion up Chorley Old Road was giving me the part-timer verbals in quite a not-nice way, despite the fact I used to drink with him in the Legion, he was so pissed I doubt he'd even recognise his own reflection.

Edited by stek1961

• Site Supporter

It was that momentus night, suprised no Bolton fans could be seen celebrating behind the goals even though it was Blackburn end seem to remember most Bolton at the top end of that stand as that's where you stood when taking the away end.

Pretty sure FDs men were in there, I was in the riverside paddock at that end & enjoyed watching them introducing themselves to the Blackburn fans.

How this go unnoticed??

Remember the first away game at Old T? I think I ejeculated when Big Frank slotted home over a depairing Gary Bailey, in our end, in the last minute.

Also Gordon McQueen scored a penalty, was forced to re-take it, and missed it (hit the post). That would have been 2-0 to United and game over prolly. I have zero memory of our first goal.

post-865-0-49699200-1471342446_thumb.jpg

Never realised we went 1 down that night.

Could be wrong, but I have a clear memory of McQueens pen at the Stretford End, and being dismayed as went in, and then elated when he missed the re-take. That must have been second half then.

Done a bit of research, Worthy bagged both our goals, Buchan for United. That's all I can find online.

Remember the first away game at Old T? I think I ejeculated when Big Frank slotted home over a depairing Gary Bailey, in our end, in the last minute.

Also Gordon McQueen scored a penalty, was forced to re-take it, and missed it (hit the post). That would have been 2-0 to United and game over prolly. I have zero memory of our first goal.

That photograph I have the exact original where did you get that from? Mate of mine was working for one of the newspapers in Manchester on work experience and gave me quite a few of the originals and other pictures of Bolton players.

That photograph I have the exact original where did you get that from? Mate of mine was working for one of the newspapers in Manchester on work experience and gave me quite a few of the originals and other pictures of Bolton players.

Nicked it off Facebook!