Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Non League Chatter

leigh white

Will do mate, we may just go to the place near the ground at the top of the hill, town is about 4 miles away

The Bay Horse? Fuck me, that's one expensive pub, i last went in about five years ago and it was nearly £ 4 a pint. :) . Nice beer garden though.

The Bay Horse? Fuck me, that's one expensive pub, i last went in about five years ago and it was nearly £ 4 a pint. :) . Nice beer garden though.

By the time they get off the coach Mick they'll too pissed to care :)

We had a major trauma today, the coach was booked for 11.00 am, by 11.30 we had to tell the players to sort out cars and drivers to get to Barrow, we waited until 12.00 and the fucker didn't turn up, other lads got their cars and we made sure everyone got a lift there (and back) a good 3-1 win leaves us just 4 points for the title with 6 games to go, all being well we will beat Irlam at home on Monday and get at least a point at Cheadle on Wednesday to give us the league title 

We had a major trauma today, the coach was booked for 11.00 am, by 11.30 we had to tell the players to sort out cars and drivers to get to Barrow, we waited until 12.00 and the fucker didn't turn up, other lads got their cars and we made sure everyone got a lift there (and back) a good 3-1 win leaves us just 4 points for the title with 6 games to go, all being well we will beat Irlam at home on Monday and get at least a point at Cheadle on Wednesday to give us the league title 

Top day out today R, we only set off from Leigh at 12, but glad to see all the lads from Athy got to the match to see an hard fought game.

We beat Eagley 2-0 tonight which has set us against Hindsford in the semi-final of the Hospital Cup, an appearance at the Macron in a cup final should be the motivating factor for this one

Fantastic season.

Colls are playing more games in April than Bacup Borough did a few years ago. :)

That was horrific for 'Boro, 14 games in 25 days.

They had a local cup final and a league on the same day, as the legue refused a 12 week extension, despite the ground being covered in snow for 10 weeks and the temperature never rising above freezing.

It's mighty cowd round here. I'm about a mile and a quarter north of the ground and a further 65m higher up the hill.

That was horrific for 'Boro, 14 games in 25 days.

They had a local cup final and a league on the same day, as the legue refused a 12 week extension, despite the ground being covered in snow for 10 weeks and the temperature never rising above freezing.

It's mighty cowd round here. I'm about a mile and a quarter north of the ground and a further 65m higher up the hill.

I remember it well, why the NWCL didn't give some compassion and extend the season is a mystery, anyway, looked at Colls fixtures, and it's 14 games in 30 days.