Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Non League Chatter

leigh white

a superb 3-0 win for the colls at ramsbottom, was probably there best performance of the season against a strong rammy team who beat league leaders Radcliffe boro on boxing day, once we got in front never looked like losing and could have scored more, #upthecolls

Finally made it to Trafford on Boxing Day. Managed to see a few of the visiting Atherton lads. Athie's goalscorer was a regular for us on Prem 5s on a Monday night when I use to turn out for Mount Skip. 1-1 draw. Decent crowd. Hip flask came in handy.

colls turned in another superb away performance yesterday turning a 3rd place Runcorn linnets over 3-0, colls are getting better as the season goes on, also Radcliffe boro got beat at leek town which for the time being puts colls top. 

ill keep saying it, if Bolton are away and your not going its worth a wander down to watch them, good set up and set of lads and always a warm welcome,

3 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Missed a penalty though, the useless sod :)

Tom not one for tap ins usually scores the hard ones not as good with easy chances back then. He’s a cracking lad though, remember going to his christening, doesn’t seem that long ago. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Tom not one for tap ins usually scores the hard ones not as good with easy chances back then. 

He had a second penalty not long afterwards and smashed it down the middle to be fair. 

Sounds odd after an 8-0 but Kendal’s goalkeeper was MOM by a mile. Made half a dozen top drawer saves. 

8 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

He had a second penalty not long afterwards and smashed it down the middle to be fair. 

Sounds odd after an 8-0 but Kendal’s goalkeeper was MOM by a mile. Made half a dozen top drawer saves. 

If he’d have steered clear of injures and had a bit of luck he’d be playing at a higher level than colls. Saying that think he’s enjoying his football at the moment. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, Carlos said:

At it currently stands next season we'll be playing FC United against next season. I honestly thought they'd be in the league before Salford.

I went to Chorley v FCU on new year's day. Fans are horrible wankers, DMB's with massive megalomaniac complex. I was there with my daughter & it was embarrassing how aggressive they were. It was the first time that I had to move to another  terrace for years. I wouldn't wish them on you at all despite the increased gate revenues. Hopefully they might not be in existence by the time you're promoted.

• Moderators

Cross that bridge as and when we come to it. If they are in our league then everyone will benefit from the increased gate revenue so that's a level playing field.

They have a custom built ground and are a commercial machine, buckets out more than Bury. Yet they are going backwards. Mind blowing.

Seen them at Rammy and Chorley. They're a lovely mix of the arrogance you'd expect but also act like they're missionary workers for watching non league. Saw em threatening kids at Rammy which was a nice touch. You'll make a bomb but it'll kick off, especially with colls Bolton links. Colls are flying hope you hold onto Clegg.